Windows 10: Right click in Office programs shuts them down

Discus and support Right click in Office programs shuts them down in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When I try to use right click functions (rename, copy, cut) in Windows Explorer, Word, Excel etc, the programs close and then re-start. I can work... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by PaulKratoska, Oct 3, 2018.

1. Right click in Office programs shuts them down

When I try to use right click functions (rename, copy, cut) in Windows Explorer, Word, Excel etc, the programs close and then re-start. I can work around this by using an Adobe app, but it would be nice to get this fixed. I'm using Windows 10 and everything is up to date.

Any suggestions?

Paul Kratoska

:)

PaulKratoska, Oct 3, 2018
  2. Ralph Sta Win User

Office 2016 programs are not grouped under Microsoft Office 2016

Hi,

To address your concern, you can compress the view of your Microsoft Office programs inside a single folder in the Start Menu. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Go to C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs.
    • Right-click on a blank space, click New > Folder.
    • Rename the New Folder as Microsoft Office 2016 (or any name that you want).
    • Highlight all the Microsoft Office 2016 programs.
    • On your keyboard, press Ctrl + X (make sure that all programs are highlighted).
    • Double-click Microsoft Office 2016 folder (the folder that you've created).
    • On your keyboard, press Ctrl + V.
    • Wait until all the programs are moved to the new folder.
    • Check the Start Menu if the settings are saved.

Let us know the outcome after you perform steps above for us to assist you further.

Ralph Sta, Oct 5, 2018
  3. Windows 10 version of Office has disappeared

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

• Which version of office have you installed on your computer?

I suggest you to go to follow the below steps to search the office apps on your computer and check if it helps.

• Press “Windows+X”, go to “Control panel”.
    • Click on “Programs and features”.
    • Check whether you can find office app located in programs list or not.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Oct 5, 2018
  4. Carlo Fer Win User

Right click in Office programs shuts them down

Computer in sleep mode shuts down open programs

When your computer is in hibernate mode, does all your programs have been shut off or closed? May we know what's the specific program that you use? Let's try to reset Power schemes. Please follow the steps below:

• Right on Start button, > select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Copy and paste the command below:
    powercfg -restoredefaultschemes

• When finished, close the command prompt then reboot your PC.

Keep us updated with results.

Carlo Fer, Oct 5, 2018
Thema:

Right click in Office programs shuts them down

1. Right click in Office programs shuts them down - Similar Threads - Right click Office

2. Program refusing to shut down

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Program refusing to shut down: Good afternoon,Recently Windows 11 has been installed over Windows 10 on my laptop and unfortunately I am left with a problem whereby I cannot get a photo viewer Breezebrowser to shut down. Also, Windows 11 is not responding to rolling back to Windows 10 or shutting down.I...
  3. Program refusing to shut down

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Program refusing to shut down: Good afternoon,Recently Windows 11 has been installed over Windows 10 on my laptop and unfortunately I am left with a problem whereby I cannot get a photo viewer Breezebrowser to shut down. Also, Windows 11 is not responding to rolling back to Windows 10 or shutting down.I...
  4. Clicking shut down twice

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clicking shut down twice: When I click on the Windows icon, then click on the power button - I have to click on this power button twice before the 'Shut Down' option will appear - is this a bug? Thanks...
  5. Clicking shut down twice

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clicking shut down twice: When I click on the Windows icon, then click on the power button - I have to click on this power button twice before the 'Shut Down' option will appear - is this a bug? Thanks...
  6. File explorer shutting down on right click

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File explorer shutting down on right click: File explorer has started shutting down when I right click any folder in the left pane!! Any ideas why this is happening is much appreciated. TIA...
  7. no text in some programs and right click drop down menu

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    no text in some programs and right click drop down menu: dear community, I created a new user on my acer extensa 15 with windowns 10 home 2004. After i did this my main user lost text on windows explorer and some other programs including zoom but firefox isnt affected.[ATTACH]...
  8. Programs shutting down

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Programs shutting down: My Windows 10 keeps closing all of my programs and the white Windows 10 box keeps popping up asking to shut down. I can't play anything in VLC for more than 5-10 minutes before it all shuts down. Same with Chrome and other programs. One store said it was a bad harddrive and...
  9. Mouse lagging and explorer shutted down when right click and click the properties on a...

Mouse lagging and explorer shutted down when right click and click the properties on a...: So after i installed an application. I wanted to know where it is located, instead by clicking the "Open File Location" button. I clicked on the Properties to set it to run as administrator. But when i clicked the Properties button on that shortcut, my mouse started to...
  10. Right Click shuts down my documents and desktop

Right Click shuts down my documents and desktop: My Right click when I want to copy, or paste or use any function in my documents and files, shuts down the programme. The bottom bar disappears and it restarts itself, but I can still not right click without it happening again. I have performed a sfc scan which allows the...