Windows 10: Right Click in programs view not showing, uninstall or run as

Discus and support Right Click in programs view not showing, uninstall or run as in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Right Click in programs view not showing, uninstall or run as administrator. Have tried sfc /scannow, and chkdsk and system restore and it is still not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sniperx4, Jan 2, 2016.

1. sniperx4 Win User

Right Click in programs view not showing, uninstall or run as

Right Click in programs view not showing, uninstall or run as administrator. Have tried sfc /scannow, and chkdsk and system restore and it is still not showing.

If anyone knows of a fix, please share!

Thanks

:)

sniperx4, Jan 2, 2016

2. System Tray

The program icon showing in the tray means the program is running (actively processing). You may be able to double-click it to open the full antivirus program into full view.

To finish removing it, I would either double-click it and then exit, or right-click and choose the exit option (if there is one).

Then, go to your Control Panel, under Programs, and run the uninstaller utility by selecting the Avira program in the list and clicking Remove.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Jan 2, 2016
  3. SarahKong Win User
    RIGHT CLICK OPTIONS "RUN AS ADMINISTRATOR" DOES NOT WORK

This might be your account is no longer an administrator.

Click start and then far left of the start menu right click your account name and select "Change Account Settings".

Does it show your account as an administrator?

If not, click other people and then click your account and choose change account type and set it to administrator.

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-change-user-...

If you can't do this then you will need to go into safe mode and assign the rights.

Hopefully in safe mode the command prompt will work.

http://www.zdnet.com/article/windows-10-tip-how...

If you still are unable to do this then This maybe an issue with a system file being corrupt.

You can try a couple things.

Right click your start button and select Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

In Command prompt type sfc /scannow and press enter.

Restart the computer.

If that doesn't work then try this,

Right click your start button and select Command prompt (Admin) to bring up elevated Command prompt.

In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands.

Press Enter key after each command:

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

Important: When you run this command, DISM uses Windows Update to provide the files that are required to fix corruptions.

To close the Administrator: Command prompt window, type Exit, and then press Enter.

Restart your computer.

SarahKong, Jan 2, 2016
  4. sniperx4 Win User

Ran tweaking and it fixed the issue.

sniperx4, Jan 2, 2016
Thema:

1. Right Click in programs view not showing, uninstall or run as - Similar Threads - Right Click programs

2. Uninstall and Repair Buttons Gone from "Uninstall a Program", Right-Clicking to Uninstall...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uninstall and Repair Buttons Gone from "Uninstall a Program", Right-Clicking to Uninstall...: Hello,As the subject line says, this odd issue started very, very recently but I can't pinpoint an action that may have led to it. When accessing the "uninstall a program" screen in Control Panel, only the "Organize" button is visible. If I click on a program and hover the...
  3. Uninstall and Repair Buttons Gone from "Uninstall a Program", Right-Clicking to Uninstall...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Uninstall and Repair Buttons Gone from "Uninstall a Program", Right-Clicking to Uninstall...: Hello,As the subject line says, this odd issue started very, very recently but I can't pinpoint an action that may have led to it. When accessing the "uninstall a program" screen in Control Panel, only the "Organize" button is visible. If I click on a program and hover the...
  4. Uninstalled Program is still showing up in right click menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uninstalled Program is still showing up in right click menu: I installed Winamp Player. Then I uninstalled it.Also Restarted my system.Now If I right click on a video to show more options regarding to "to play with" , winamp still shows up in the list !Screenshot - I have checked in the directory and there is no folder named Winamp or...
  5. Uninstalled Program is still showing up in right click menu

Uninstalled Program is still showing up in right click menu: I installed Winamp Player. Then I uninstalled it.Also Restarted my system.Now If I right click on a video to show more options regarding to "to play with" , winamp still shows up in the list !Screenshot - I have checked in the directory and there is no folder named Winamp or...
  6. Can’t right click and run as administrator

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can’t right click and run as administrator: Hi Even tried the built in administrator account, but when e.g.I right click on notepad and select run as administrator, nothing happens. Is there a solution to this ? Please thanks 179924
  7. Right click still shows CCleaner yet its uninstalled

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Right click still shows CCleaner yet its uninstalled: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/pixcrap [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g6379n/right_click_still_shows_ccleaner_yet_its/
  8. Right-Click Run With Parameters

Right-Click Run With Parameters: Hello. Does anyone have any recommendations for a simple 64-bit compatible Windows program that, when you right-click an exe, bat, msi etc. file, that pops up a menu allowing you to run the file with parameters or arguments? NirExt does this task but the program has not been...
  9. "Recent" right click programs in taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    "Recent" right click programs in taskbar: Hello! My issue is that usually when you right click for example Steam or Chrome it shows you recently played games/recently opened websites you've been onto... once again, my Windows 10 have stopped doing that, and I don't even know why. 47648
  10. Start menu programs right click

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu programs right click: Hello, recently I have reinstalled my windows, and after few days, after right clicking on my apps in start menu several options, which have been previously, disappeared. I can't uninstall, resize, or pin apps to start. Right clicking only show 'more' with sub-menu. Does...