Windows 10: right click in win explorer closes it

Discus and support right click in win explorer closes it in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; If I right click a file or folder to rename etc . Win explorer closes ? 169102 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by whispers, Nov 24, 2020.

1. whispers Win User

right click in win explorer closes it

If I right click a file or folder to rename etc . Win explorer closes ?

:)

whispers, Nov 24, 2020
  2. Xylee Del Win User

windows explorer

Hi,

This issue may have occurred due to a software conflict. We suggest that you follow the steps below on how to refresh the Windows Explorer to correct this issue:

• While your Windows Explorer is open, right click on the Windows icon
      and select Task Manager.
    • On the task Manager window, under the Processes tab, look for
      Windows Explorer.
    • Highlight Windows Explorer and click Restart at the bottom right corner of the Task Manager window.
    • The Windows Explorer will close automatically. Close the Task Manager. Open the Windows Explorer and check if the issue is gone.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Xylee Del, Nov 24, 2020
  3. How to disable Win+L in Windows 10?

As far as I know, there is no mean to disable only one Win+X keyboard shortcut.

What I can suggest is to disable completely Win+X hotkeys:

1. Type regedit in RUN or Start search box and press Enter. It'll open Registry Editor.
    2. Now go to following key:
      HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer
    3. In right-side pane, create a new DWORD NoWinKeys and set its value to 1

right click in win explorer closes it grKk3.png

1. Close Registry Editor and restart your system. After reboot, all Win+X hotkeys will be turned off in your system.

To re-enable them, delete the DWORD NoWinKeys created in step 3.

Sébastien VALSEMEY, Nov 24, 2020
  4. right click in win explorer closes it

File explorer

Hi Mick,

I am sorry to know that the File Explorer is not working on the Taskbar.

I suggest you to right-click on it to unpin it from the task bar.

Then search for File Explorer in Search. Then right-click on it to Pin it to Taskbar.

If the issue persists, try the steps below.

• Type CMD in Search. Right click on it to run as an administrator.

• Type the following 4 commands at the Command prompt:
    dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannow

powershell

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

• Close the CMD window.

• Check to see if the issue is resolved. If not, restart the PC.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Nov 24, 2020
Thema:

right click in win explorer closes it

1. right click in win explorer closes it - Similar Threads - right click explorer

2. Won't Update and right click closes File Explorer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Won't Update and right click closes File Explorer.: I am setting up a new computer. It is a Dell Inspirion 5500. It is an Intel I5 with 12 Gigs of memory. I have set it up with the windows file on the computer and also with downloaded the ISO online. I get the same results. I have run the troubleshooter, I have tried...
  3. Won't Update and right click closes File Explorer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Won't Update and right click closes File Explorer.: I am setting up a new computer. It is a Dell Inspirion 5500. It is an Intel I5 with 12 Gigs of memory. I have set it up with the windows file on the computer and also with downloaded the ISO online. I get the same results. I have run the troubleshooter, I have tried...
  4. Right click on certain files not working, file explorer automatically close

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Right click on certain files not working, file explorer automatically close: I'm facing an issue here...When I right click on my files such as word, excel, pdf, ppt, jpg... are totally not working, the file explorer will automatically close but when I right click on the folders, video files mp4, mp3 or zip files, there are working and only these kind...
  5. explorer right click

explorer right click: I do not get a format option when I right click on CD driveDiskmanager, however, does have a format optionScandisk and DISM both run without finding any problemsc: cd \Windows/System32 Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup pause Dism /online /cleanup-Image...
  6. Right Clicking Drive In Explorer cause Explorer force closes

Right Clicking Drive In Explorer cause Explorer force closes: I tought it was a bug for new version of Windows 10 ver 2004, and then i tried to downgrade my Windows to 1909 ver, but the same problem still occur....
  7. When I right click on the left side of file explorer explorer closes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    When I right click on the left side of file explorer explorer closes: When ever i try to open the context menu on the left side oft the explorer window(where i can see all my drives) explorer closes however when i right click on the right side everything is ok from event viewer i can see that the problem is shell32.dll this is the error log...
  8. cmd closes with right click

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    cmd closes with right click: When I press right click on the mouse the cmd window closes. This is on Windows 10 Professional 64 bit. Any ideea? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cmd-closes-with-right-click/a928ea83-1b56-4211-b9ed-44b26efbc611
  9. windows explorer closes when right-clicking on any drive???

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows explorer closes when right-clicking on any drive???: Hi,forum. When I right click on any drive my screen blinks and win.ex. closes! This just started today for now obvious reason. Anyone who have experienced anything similar? Thanks for all help....
  10. Right Click in File Explorer/priorities and closes the window

in Windows 10 Support
    Right Click in File Explorer/priorities and closes the window: This just started recently, when I open file explorer , and right click on any drive, C, D, and click on "priorities" it immediately closes the File explorer window. I can open any folders ok, but can't get priorities to open on the Drives.*Mad 36969