Windows 10: Right Click Items in Quick Access Crashes Explorer

Discus and support Right Click Items in Quick Access Crashes Explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When right clicking on items in quick access, explorer crashes. - I have cleared file explorer history. - I have removed unchecked "show frequently... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Zelcharis, Sep 8, 2019.

1. Zelcharis Win User

Right Click Items in Quick Access Crashes Explorer

When right clicking on items in quick access, explorer crashes.

- I have cleared file explorer history.

- I have removed unchecked "show frequently used folders in quick access"

- When I start explorer via CMD (right click > Run as Administrator) then I can right click on quick access without crashing.

- I've also enabled the default Administrator profile (net user administrator /active:yes) and I am able to right click w/out crashing.

My user profile indicates I am an administrator, I do not have issues with administrator rights anywhere else except here which is why I cannot fix this.

Does anyone have any suggestions on why my profile, which is marked as administrator, does not have sufficient rights to right click on items in the quick access menu?

Problem Report:

Source
    Windows Explorer

Summary
    Stopped working

Date
    ‎9/‎8/‎2019 3:53 PM

Status
    Report sent

Description
    Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\explorer.exe

Problem signature
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: explorer.exe
    Application Version: 10.0.18362.267
    Application Timestamp: 25dd80ad
    Fault Module Name: SHELL32.dll
    Fault Module Version: 10.0.18362.295
    Fault Module Timestamp: 7860079f
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Offset: 000000000007fd2a
    OS Version: 10.0.18362.2.0.0.256.48
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: 63dc
    Additional Information 2: 63dc5f9f88ac3e534191615e0403ce87
    Additional Information 3: 5a35
    Additional Information 4: 5a35143264c2fd0a695eee99b5f8035c

Extra information about the problem
    Bucket ID: 41796779c6190065319f4fa842d40a8b (1269821204036061835)

:)

Zelcharis, Sep 8, 2019
  2. Mark Ole Win User

Quick Access Crashes Explorer

Hi Bill,

Quick Access is a new feature in Windows 10 File Explorer navigation pane which helps users quickly navigate to locations which are frequently used. However, if you're having issues with Quick Access, you can try to disable and enable it. To disable Quick
    Access, follow these steps:

• Type File Explorer Option in the search box.
    • Click on File Explorer Options.
    • Under General tab, choose This PC in the Open File Explorer to: drop down menu.
    • Uncheck Show recently used files in Quick access and
      Show frequently use folders in Quick access.
    • Click Apply an OK.
    • Restart the computer and re-enable Quick access.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested troubleshooting steps.

Mark Ole, Sep 8, 2019
  3. Quick Access bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We would be glad to help you with the issue you are facing today. I understand the difficulty.

Remove items from Quick access.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps.

• Right click on the file or folder.
    • Select the option “unpin from the quick access”

To pin items to an item already on the quick access bar.

Follow the below steps.

I would suggest you to create folder in the desktop screen & place all the files or folder which need to pin to the quick access.

• Open the quick access.
    • Select the Desktop option.
    • Right click on the folder & select the option “pin to quick access”

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Sep 8, 2019
  4. ArmaRayo Win User

File Explorer Quick Access trouble.. Cannot pin items

File Explorer is behaving weird - I cannot pin items to Quick Access. When I pin items they won't appear to QA. Also when dragging items to QA nothing happens and there's a small icon indicating that is not possible.

I did some "tweaks" with Ultimate Windows Tweaker 4.5 but I haven't found a setting there that could of made QA to not function.

I did some steps as remedy that I found with Google but those didn't help.

Any suggestions?

ArmaRayo, Sep 8, 2019
Thema:

1. Right Click Items in Quick Access Crashes Explorer - Similar Threads - Right Click Items

2. File Explorer crashing whenever Quick Access items in Navigation Pane are right-clicked or...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer crashing whenever Quick Access items in Navigation Pane are right-clicked or...: Title says it all. Right click other items in the Navigation Pane doesn't crash File Explorer. I can open my drives and other directories in new windows without crashing. But the moment I right click the items pinned in Quick Access, File Explorer immediately crashes....
  3. File Explorer crashing whenever Quick Access items in Navigation Pane are right-clicked or...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer crashing whenever Quick Access items in Navigation Pane are right-clicked or...: Title says it all. Right click other items in the Navigation Pane doesn't crash File Explorer. I can open my drives and other directories in new windows without crashing. But the moment I right click the items pinned in Quick Access, File Explorer immediately crashes....
  4. File Explorer crashing whenever Quick Access items in Navigation Pane are right-clicked or...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. right clicking quick access in file explorer crashes file explorer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    right clicking quick access in file explorer crashes file explorer: Issue Type: BugIssue frequency: every time I do this operationIssue duration: Since 2 yrs ago I bought this PCHardware: OMEN-15 i7 1660Ti + 16GB MemOS Version: 10.0.19041 Build 19041 Home version----------------Issue Reproducing-----------------1. Open any file explorer...
  6. Right clicking pinned folders in Quick access crashes Explorer.exe

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Right clicking pinned folders in Quick access crashes Explorer.exe: Whenever i right click on pinned folders the explorer restarts, can't remove pinned folders, it's really frustrating. I tried ending Explorer and relaunching it from cmd, tried sfc /snannow and also tried using keyboard key for context menu but nothing works. submitted by...
  7. Right-clicking a directory in Quick Access causes Windows Explorer to crash

Right-clicking a directory in Quick Access causes Windows Explorer to crash: If I open Windows Explorer, and right-click a directory in the Quick Access sidebar, I get a spinning blue circle, a "Not Responding" message, and then it closes. I can navigate to the directories just fine by clicking on them, but right-clicking causes this to happen. Any...
  8. File Explorer crashes when take a right-click in quick access

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer crashes when take a right-click in quick access: Hello. I use Windows 10 Home Single Language. I've got a trouble when using Quick Access. When I take a right-click at any folder and Desktop, Download, Pictures,..., File Explorer immediately crashes. I've tried DISM and SFC but it only fix the issue in a short time. Here...
  9. Right click on Windows Explorer items cause crashing

Right click on Windows Explorer items cause crashing: I know this has been asked before and I tried using the solutions in this forums. Interestingly, I used ShellExView from Nirsoft and started by disabling every non-microsoft shell extension. It solved the problem. However, I enabled all the items again, and funny enough the...
  10. Explorer crashes when right clicks a side bar item.

Explorer crashes when right clicks a side bar item.: So I encountered this question: When I opened the explorer, it takes me to the computer page. There are something on side bar. When I right clicked one of them, the window freezes and later the explorer restarts since I see a reload of my taskbar. Windows Version: Windows...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows right click quick access crashes

2. items in explorer crash