Windows 10: Right click menu and file explorer dont work as intended

Discus and support Right click menu and file explorer dont work as intended in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I don't know when this happened but my right-click menu doesn't show the view options, and when in the file explorer all the options start with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by WilliamMarmara, Jan 21, 2022.

1. Right click menu and file explorer dont work as intended

Hi, I don't know when this happened but my right-click menu doesn't show the view options, and when in the file explorer all the options start with windows.option. When trying to restart the explorer from the task manager it remains the same, PC is updated with latest windows 10 .I will send examples below, anyone has a fix for this? already tried some solutions but nothing worked. If all else fails will do a clean install of windows.

:)

WilliamMarmara, Jan 21, 2022
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

3. Ralph Sta Win User
    File explorer icon from taskbar dissappears while working on it

Hi,

To assist you with your concern, we suggest you pin the File Explorer from the Start Menu by following these steps:

• Click the Start Menu.
    • Right-click File Explorer.
    • Choose Pin to taskbar.

If you need further assistance, feel free to reply to this post.

Ralph Sta, Jan 21, 2022
  4. Right click menu and file explorer dont work as intended

'Open in new window' right-click menu option for File Explorer

I just submitted this suggestion on Windows Uservoice:

The idea: the right-click menu for folders in File Explorer has an option called 'Open in new window', which opens that folder in a new File Explorer window. Very useful for copying and moving things, and opening destination folders without accessing the start menu a second time.

right-click menu option for File Explorer – Feature Suggestions for Windows

Delicieuxz, Jan 21, 2022
Thema:

Right click menu and file explorer dont work as intended

1. Right click menu and file explorer dont work as intended - Similar Threads - Right click menu

2. right click not working in file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    right click not working in file explorer: hello,I am encountering with an issue in file explorer windows 10. I wanted to print some documents and when i right clicked in the folder. It just hanged, like when the cursor shows a blue round moving animation only. That happened and the file explorer froze. I cant even...
  3. right click not working in file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    right click not working in file explorer: hello,I am encountering with an issue in file explorer windows 10. I wanted to print some documents and when i right clicked in the folder. It just hanged, like when the cursor shows a blue round moving animation only. That happened and the file explorer froze. I cant even...
  4. right click not working in file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Right click menu and file explorer dont work as intended

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right click menu and file explorer dont work as intended: Hi, I don't know when this happened but my right-click menu doesn't show the view options, and when in the file explorer all the options start with windows.option. When trying to restart the explorer from the task manager it remains the same, PC is updated with latest windows...
  6. Right click menu and file explorer dont work as intended

Right click menu and file explorer dont work as intended: Hi, I don't know when this happened but my right-click menu doesn't show the view options, and when in the file explorer all the options start with windows.option. When trying to restart the explorer from the task manager it remains the same, PC is updated with latest windows...
  7. File Explorer And right click menu

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer And right click menu: When I try to open properties menu in file explorer noting pops up Don't know what to do I've tried sfc/scannow as admin and in safe mode and still did not work.My right click Context menu doesn't work either But works on chrome but not the desktop it self...
  8. File Explorer And right click menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer And right click menu: When I try to open properties menu in file explorer noting pops up Don't know what to do I've tried sfc/scannow as admin and in safe mode and still did not work.My right click Context menu doesn't work either But works on chrome but not the desktop it self...
  9. File Explorer And right click menu

10. Editing the File Explorer right-click menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    Editing the File Explorer right-click menu?: I'm pretty sure that years ago (possibly on my previous PC under XP) I used to have a tool that would let me edit the FE context menu. But darned if I can find it now that I want to prune the long list I've accumulated. Can anyone point me to a safe and simple utility for...