Windows 10: Right click menu closes and other menus close?

Discus and support Right click menu closes and other menus close? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, whenever I right click the right click menu will close after a few seconds. I've tried everything I can to fix it but nothing helps. I need my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Hoshi, Sep 12, 2016.

1. Hoshi Win User

Right click menu closes and other menus close?

Hi, whenever I right click the right click menu will close after a few seconds. I've tried everything I can to fix it but nothing helps. I need my laptop to work right because I'm doing my A-Level computer science project on it and need right click (oddly enough). The same also happens if I search something on the internet then the google box that opens to suggest stuff also closes. It's as if my laptop has a process that is interrupting it and closing it and the loading cursor with the circle is constantly flashing. Also if i drag a window it will snap back to it's old position after a few seconds, unless i let go and move it again. This is getting really annoying, does anyone know what could be wrong?

(also I don't know if this is related, but my laptop keeps freezing and going black then around 30 seconds working again, with an error that either says "The graphics driver has stopped responding" or "Opera has been blocked from accessing graphics hardware".)

Thanks if anyone can help

:)

Hoshi, Sep 12, 2016
  2. SebM22 Win User

Right Click Menu

Hi everyone,

When selecting multiple files and/or folders in File Explorer and right clicking on one to open the context menu, the menu will open and then close straight away. This happens if you right click quickly after selecting. I have only found this issue when
    navigating my computer quite quickly and is not that big of an issue but it can get annoying having to right click twice to open the context menu. On the second attempt and if you wait after selecting the files or folders for a little while, it opens fine.
    I am running windows 10 64bit with nvidia drivers. I have heard that nvidia drivers lately have been causing some visual glitches in windows 10 but this seems more like a os issue.

Cheers in advance for any help

SebM22, Sep 12, 2016
  3. YziR Win User
    Start Menu opens and closes suddenly

DISM commands did not fix the issue

I tried a clean install of the OS( without any other programs or drivers installed).

right click on the apps in the start menu. Right Clicking on apps will just close the start menu- issue not solved

tried the Powershell commands and went without any error, but still issue not solve

Tried DISM Again but it did not solve anything. Any other suggestions?

4. dalchina New Member

Hi, sorry to here of this inconvenience.

Could you say which Win 10 build you are using?
    - Pro/Home? (press Windows key + R, type winver to see the build number)

Could you complete your system specs?
    System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums - Windows 10 Forums

Do you have any useful system restore points?

Do you have any disk images or a system image created before this happened which you can restore?

It really helps if you can give some history.
    When did this start happening? Did all of these symptoms start to happen at the same time?

For example: Everything was fine with the previous build (1511), but all these problems started to happen after I upgraded to the anniversary build (1607).

Finally for now, do these problems happen
    a: after a clean boot
    b: in Safe Mode
    (If unsure how to do that you can search for instructions or see the appropriate tutorial in the Tutorials section).

Please be as specific as you can in your reply. Thanks!

dalchina, Sep 12, 2016
  5. Hoshi Win User
    Hey, Version 1511, OS build 10586.545

It started quite a while ago, but because I didn't use my laptop much it didn't concern me much but now I'm going to use it everyday for my programming project so it's more important (especially as I will have a deadline and it counts for 20% of my computer science course). Unfortunately all I can remember is that it started after I got windows 10, but not immediately I got the free upgrade from windows 8.1. I'm going to say it started maybe 4-6 months ago? But in all honesty that's a guess. And yes everything started at the same time.

I've just done a clean boot and the problem is gone *Biggrin the next step is to go through each one right turning them on and off and seeing which one causes the problem? I'm on it Right click menu closes and other menus close? :p

Hoshi, Sep 12, 2016
  6. dalchina New Member
    Great- you might get lucky!

dalchina, Sep 12, 2016
  7. Hoshi Win User
    Going to do a binary search to find it faster and try find what was causing the problem, then put it here incase anyone else has the same problem *Smile

Hoshi, Sep 12, 2016
  8. Hoshi Win User

I went through the list and got it down to TrueSuiteService, HP Service, HPWMISVC, TrueAPI Service component and Validity WBF Policy Service. With all them off it works fine and to be honest I can't be bothered to find the exact collision so I'm just gunna leave them off, especially as I haven't noticed anything wrong with having them off so it's all perfect now *Smile

Thanks for your help *Smile (I'm new here, is there like a kudos system or something so I can show you were helpful?)

Hoshi, Sep 12, 2016
  9. dalchina New Member
    Well done.. you can click the thumbs up..bottom left.. thanks.

dalchina, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Right click menu closes and other menus close? - Similar Threads - Right click menu

2. right click, a folder window automatically closed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    right click, a folder window automatically closed: I right click a folder windows, the menu didnot come up but the window was closed. Other windows or application windows are fine. event viewer:Faulting application name: explorer.exe, version: 10.0.22621.755, time stamp: 0xbcd85d13 Faulting module name: Windows.UI.Xaml.dll,...
  3. right click, a folder window automatically closed

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    right click, a folder window automatically closed: I right click a folder windows, the menu didnot come up but the window was closed. Other windows or application windows are fine. event viewer:Faulting application name: explorer.exe, version: 10.0.22621.755, time stamp: 0xbcd85d13 Faulting module name: Windows.UI.Xaml.dll,...
  4. Won't Update and right click closes File Explorer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Won't Update and right click closes File Explorer.: I am setting up a new computer. It is a Dell Inspirion 5500. It is an Intel I5 with 12 Gigs of memory. I have set it up with the windows file on the computer and also with downloaded the ISO online. I get the same results. I have run the troubleshooter, I have tried...
  5. My right click menu, and all other menus from apps are appearing behind the window.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My right click menu, and all other menus from apps are appearing behind the window.: I've had this problem many times before, and through trial and error I've managed to get it fixed again. It so happens that it isn't a permanent fix as the very next day or on random occasions, this would occur:And such menus like if I wanted to make a new project in Premiere...
  6. My right click menu, and all other menus from apps are appearing behind the window.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My right click menu, and all other menus from apps are appearing behind the window.: I've had this problem many times before, and through trial and error I've managed to get it fixed again. It so happens that it isn't a permanent fix as the very next day or on random occasions, this would occur:And such menus like if I wanted to make a new project in Premiere...
  7. Right Click Most Visited and Recently Closed menu items not working.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right Click Most Visited and Recently Closed menu items not working.: When I right click Chrome Icon on the Taskbar, it shows Most visited, Recently closed and Tasks. Most visited and Recently closed no longer work since the Microsoft Update. Please help?...
  8. Windows menus instantly close

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows menus instantly close: Anything in the windows taskbar instantly closes when i click on it once. When I right click on anything related to windows like the taskbar or when trying left click on the uninstall in the apps and features it instantly closes. When I try to turn off my computer the menu...
  9. right click in win explorer closes it

in Windows 10 Support
    right click in win explorer closes it: If I right click a file or folder to rename etc . Win explorer closes ? 169102
  10. cmd closes with right click

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    cmd closes with right click: When I press right click on the mouse the cmd window closes. This is on Windows 10 Professional 64 bit. Any ideea? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cmd-closes-with-right-click/a928ea83-1b56-4211-b9ed-44b26efbc611