Windows 10: Right-click menu doesn't come up for taskbar icons ... ???

Discus and support Right-click menu doesn't come up for taskbar icons ... ??? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Seems like in Windows 10 with the latest cumulative updates (as of 9/14/19 yesterday), I can't right-click on my taskbar icons and have the right-click... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Omnimaxus, Sep 15, 2019.

1. Omnimaxus Win User

Right-click menu doesn't come up for taskbar icons ... ???

Seems like in Windows 10 with the latest cumulative updates (as of 9/14/19 yesterday), I can't right-click on my taskbar icons and have the right-click menu come up (the one that allows for the pinning or unpinning of icons). I uninstalled the updates, and this functionality has been restored once again. The problem originally appeared with the earlier cumulative update that caused the CPU spikes. It persisted after I installed the cumulative updates that were available via Windows Update as of yesterday (9/14/19). Again, I have uninstalled the updates, and everything is OK again. I have paused my updates until next month, and also reported the bug to Microsoft via their Feedback Hub. Has anyone else had a similar issue?

Seems like this is yet another bug. Thanks.

P.S.: All these update issues associated with Windows 10 have me thinking about switching to Mac ... *Sad

:)

Omnimaxus, Sep 15, 2019
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

3. Yaqub K Win User
    System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Sep 15, 2019
  4. Right-click menu doesn't come up for taskbar icons ... ???

Restore right-click menu on taskbar icon in Windows 10

Here is an article you should check.

Summed up:

No Shortcut Menu Is Displayed When You Right-Click the Taskbar

To resolve this problem, use the following steps:
    Click Start, point to Settings, point to Control Panel, and then click Taskbar and Start Menu.

NOTE: If the Taskbar and Start Menu icon is not present, open Control Panel and click the view all Control Panel options link on the left-hand side of the Control Panel dialog box.

On the Advanced tab, in the Start menu and Taskbar area, scroll down the list until you see the Taskbar heading.

Click to select the Display shortcut menu on right-click check box, click Apply, and then click OK.

Spencer4134, Sep 15, 2019
Thema:

Right-click menu doesn't come up for taskbar icons ... ???

1. Right-click menu doesn't come up for taskbar icons ... ??? - Similar Threads - Right click menu

2. Right click menu doesn't show up in taskbar icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right click menu doesn't show up in taskbar icon: Hey. So basically, I can't view the right click menu that pops up whenever you right click on a taskbar icon I can on the desktop and file explorer though. I don't know if this is related but I recently updated my Windows too....
  3. Custom Icons in Right Click menu.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Custom Icons in Right Click menu.: [ATTACH] Hello! Is possible to add custom icons to the right click menu options (example screenshot)? Thanks! https://preview.redd.it/qmuv6tpve2l61.png?width=215&format=png&auto=webp&s=ff27929f918cba85ad59deafc6b3aad981d2d1bc submitted by /u/_TopComp_ [link]...
  4. Right Click menu for taskbar broken

Right Click menu for taskbar broken: Hello dear All, After updating windows to 1909 from 1803 my right menu is brocken When I try to click the actions in the right click menu I always have this message for every program: [ATTACH] The same behavior in the start menu Many thanks, Iacob...
  5. taskbar right click context menu doesn't work

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    taskbar right click context menu doesn't work: Strange issue I've been having with my PC (Windows 10 home V2004 (19041.388 with Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2202.130.0)). On the taskbar, I can right click date, start and task view/search/task bar itself and get a context menu for those. However, if I right click...
  6. Taskbar Pins. Right Click Menu Doesn't Work.

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar Pins. Right Click Menu Doesn't Work.: So i'm aware that there are numerous other threads complaining about this problem, but after spending hours upon hours reading through each one of them, my problem is still not fixed. Windows 10, Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.778) 1) When i right-click onto any pinned items...
  7. Right Click Taskbar Menu

Right Click Taskbar Menu: Not sure if possible but can you add to this menu? 27413
  8. Start menu, search, and right clicking taskbar doesn't work

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu, search, and right clicking taskbar doesn't work: Hi i notice that overtime, my star menu, search bar, and/or right click taskbar doesn't work unless i restart the computer or restart Windows Explorer in task manager. I have a feeling standing by my pc is causing this. Any1 know why this is happening? my computer is...
  9. How Come Right-Clicking Icons On My Taskbar Doesn't Work?

in Windows 10 Support
    How Come Right-Clicking Icons On My Taskbar Doesn't Work?: Heya, so ever since I got Windows 10, the taskbar Icons haven't been working well. I have to right click them multiple times in each area of the icon for a menu to finally appear. Most of the time it doesn't work at all. Why is this? 23189
  10. Taskbar right-click menu and system tray icons delay

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar right-click menu and system tray icons delay: Hello, recently my system has developed a weird issue. Right-clicking on the taskbar on any open applications that I have stops working quite often (the black task menu to minimize/close etc doesn't appear), meaning: after logging in it's all good, then after a while it...