Windows 10: Right-Click menu ghosting after I select it

Discus and support Right-Click menu ghosting after I select it in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've recently been experiencing a problem with the right-click menu. After I select an option (i.e paste, delete etc.), it remains on the screen in a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BradHenwood, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Right-Click menu ghosting after I select it

I've recently been experiencing a problem with the right-click menu. After I select an option (i.e paste, delete etc.), it remains on the screen in a transparent mode. From there, I am unable to select it or anything for that matter. The only solution I've found to remove it is sleeping my device and waking it up. The device I am using is a Dell XPS 13 (9360). Any permanent fixes?

:)

BradHenwood, Dec 6, 2018
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

Naki, Dec 6, 2018
  3. Removing Ghost Printer

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that you are facing some issues using Windows 10.

This might have occurred due to hardware conflicts.

Try the methods.

Method 1:

Uninstall the Printer Drivers.

Follow the steps given below to uninstall the Printer drivers.

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.

• Search for Printer Adapters and expand it.

• Right click on the Printer driver and select
      Uninstall.
    Method 2:

Note: Ghost devices are the previously installed devices which are not connected but the drivers for that device is still present in the computer and sometimes shows in the
    devices list.

To get rid of unwanted drivers, devices, or services, use the following steps:

• Open the Start menu.

• Swipe to the upper right corner to bring charm bar.

• Type cmd in search box.

• Select cmd from the displayed list, right click and
      Open as administrator.

• At the command prompt, type in
      set devmgr_show_nonpresent_devices=1 and press Enter.
    (Note that nothing seems to happen. This is expected. You are actually setting an environment variable which is going to help you to see hidden devices.)

• On the next command prompt line, type
      devmgmt.msc and press Enter. This will launch the Windows Device Manager Console.

• In the Device Manager Console, from the
      View menu, select Show Hidden Devices.
    As you expand the different drivers and devices in the device manager, you will see not only the items that Windows currently detects as installed on your PC; but you will also see drivers, devices, and services which have
    been loaded in the past but were not uninstalled or are not currently started. You can find your offending device, right-click, and choose
    uninstall to remove it from the system completely.

Note that ghost devices, drivers, and services are “grayed” out, but that does not necessarily mean that you should delete all of them. Only remove items you know you do not need. Be careful that you do not change too many
    devices.

Once you have removed the ghost drivers completely from the system, try to reinstall the drivers for the Webcam and check if it helps.

Hope this information helps. Please let us know if you need any other assistance with Windows in future. We will be happy to assist you.

Mayank Gupta10, Dec 6, 2018
  4. Right-Click menu ghosting after I select it

Sniper Ghost Warrior

Hi Gary,

Sorry for the delay in response.

• What is the make and model of the computer?
    • Do you face the issue only with Sniper Ghost Warrior?
    We would suggest you to update the graphics drivers and check.

Ravinath P, Dec 6, 2018
Thema:

Right-Click menu ghosting after I select it

1. Right-Click menu ghosting after I select it - Similar Threads - Right Click menu

2. Quickly Select Item From Right Click Menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Quickly Select Item From Right Click Menu: I just switched to Windows and am trying to learn and optimise my workflow. Something I am dearly missing is the ability to quickly select a menu item from the right click context menu, by right clicking and holding on an item, moving the cursor to the menu item, and...
  3. Quickly Select Item From Right Click Menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Quickly Select Item From Right Click Menu: I just switched to Windows and am trying to learn and optimise my workflow. Something I am dearly missing is the ability to quickly select a menu item from the right click context menu, by right clicking and holding on an item, moving the cursor to the menu item, and...
  4. Right-click menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right-click menu: I work with *.py Python files all day. These files are associated with Python for direct running, but to edit a .py file I right-click on a file to get to an editor, either VSCode , IDLE, or EditPlus. Unfortunately, I can't select any of these directly. Instead, I have to...
  5. Change right-click menu selection color?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change right-click menu selection color?: I've updated to version 1903 today and notice a ridiculous change: in the right-click menu (such as right-clicking the recycle bin), the selection color showing you what option you are on with your mouse is now white. Since the menu is also white (less white, so fortunately...
  6. Delay in selecting new after right clicking

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Delay in selecting new after right clicking: Hi y'all. I'm having an issue with my windows explorer. So when you wanna create a new folder or a shortcut you have to right click and hover over the "new" option with your mouse cursor for another overlay to appear and there you have the options to create a new folder...
  7. Ghost of right click

Ghost of right click: Hello, every couple of right clicks the right click I choose stays on the screen. I was not able to find a way to fix this issue, my computers is a surface book 2 which I have purchased recently.[ATTACH]...
  8. right click menu

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    right click menu: when using the right click menu, how do i get a "confirm" option before deleting a file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-menu/5122906b-d095-4233-a785-1aadb877a634"
  9. Removing Selections From Right Click Menu

Removing Selections From Right Click Menu: I see people wanting to add stuff to the right click, I'd like to remove some stuff. When you pop up the right click menu, for some folders it's HUGE, and it makes it difficult to find the stuff you'd actually want to use. pintostartscreen - I'd like this gone from the...
  10. Explorer Right click menu is left open after selecting a alternative

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer Right click menu is left open after selecting a alternative: A thing™ that has appeared after updating Windows 10 (not exactly sure which update but it was working before the Aniversory update) is that if I use Right Click on Explorer to get the menu, then after I have selected a choice from the menu, e.g Minimize, the menu is left...