Windows 10: right click menu highlight color

Discus and support right click menu highlight color in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I noticed something. The right click menu highlight color changes depending on the file type (or folder). Here is an example using default... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by sgn15, Jun 17, 2016.

1. sgn15 Win User

right click menu highlight color

Hi,

I noticed something. The right click menu highlight color changes depending on the file type (or folder).

Here is an example using default theme

right click menu highlight color [​IMG]

Highlight color and text color changes depending on the file type (jpg, exe, zip, etc) and if a folder is right clicked, it's different too.

I have tried different built-in themes (even the high contrast themes), they all work this way (different highlight color and sometimes some of them result in different right click menu text font color too)

I just want to ask if there is a way to standardize the highlight color and text color of the right click menu?

:)

sgn15, Jun 17, 2016
  2. suat.cini Win User

Why are right-click menu background colors different ?

Start button right-click menu background color: Black / Dark color

Taskbar right-click background color: Black / Dark color

Desktop right-click background color: White / Light color

Can we make all right-click menu background colors the same ? Black / Dark color, for example.

Below screenshot shows the three right-click menus together. The menus are shot at different times but put together for easy comparison.

right click menu highlight color [​IMG]

suat.cini, Jun 17, 2016
  3. Change color of highlighter for Marked "cut/copy" text

Windows 10 - Click the "Make a Web Note" icon (pen) on the upper right in Edge browser.

Click the Highlighter marker icon (second from left) to change color.

Smittychat., Jun 17, 2016
Thema:

right click menu highlight color

1. right click menu highlight color - Similar Threads - right click menu

2. Start menu right click menu not highlighting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu right click menu not highlighting: When I go to the start menu, type in an application like cmd, then try to right click, the menu no longer highlights. Is there a fix for this problem? Thank you....
  3. Start menu right click menu not highlighting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu right click menu not highlighting: When I go to the start menu, type in an application like cmd, then try to right click, the menu no longer highlights. Is there a fix for this problem? Thank you....
  4. Right click menu options are not being highlighted on 22H2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right click menu options are not being highlighted on 22H2: Hello I'm having this exact problem posted hereRight click menu options are not being highlighted when hovering over an option Using dark mode, the highlight shows up correctly,but using custom with light mode or custom mode with light for apps gives you a highlight that is...
  5. Right click menu options are not being highlighted on 22H2

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right click menu options are not being highlighted on 22H2: Hello I'm having this exact problem posted hereRight click menu options are not being highlighted when hovering over an option Using dark mode, the highlight shows up correctly,but using custom with light mode or custom mode with light for apps gives you a highlight that is...
  6. Right click menu options are not being highlighted on 22H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Right click text highlight menu color

Right click text highlight menu color: Hi, With the new windows update, The highlighted box color is grey as you can see in the example below when I hover over "Refresh". Is there a way to change that to blue ? I dont want to change the theme . [ATTACH] Thank you...
  8. Right click menu on taskbar color has gone from grey to white with blue highlight

Right click menu on taskbar color has gone from grey to white with blue highlight: When I used to right click on the taskbar the color of the menu was a dark grey, now the menu is white and changes colors of blue as you move the mouse. Can I get the dark grey menu color back?...
  9. Change right-click menu selection color?

Change right-click menu selection color?: I've updated to version 1903 today and notice a ridiculous change: in the right-click menu (such as right-clicking the recycle bin), the selection color showing you what option you are on with your mouse is now white. Since the menu is also white (less white, so fortunately...
  10. Highlight & Right Click Search Not Working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Highlight & Right Click Search Not Working: When I highlight a word or series of words in a website and right click it says “search Google for “that word or phrase” and nothing happens. How do I fix that?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. right click menus dont highlight

2. right click menu different font color