Windows 10: Right click menu keeps on popping up even if I don’t press the button

Discus and support Right click menu keeps on popping up even if I don’t press the button in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 pre-installed on my Compaq Presario C081. After boot up, the right-click context menu appears automatically. Whenever I move the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by epsnarayanan, Feb 26, 2018.

1. Right click menu keeps on popping up even if I don’t press the button

I have Windows 10 pre-installed on my Compaq Presario C081. After boot up, the right-click context menu appears automatically. Whenever I move the mouse over any desktop icon OR around on the search area (IE, Chrome, or any other browser), the right-click context menu instantly appears without clicking. Because of this problem, I am not able to type anything in the word/excel document, etc. This problem happens with both the touchpad and USB mouse. It is also noticed that when I move my pointer on the Taskbar, the right click taskbar context menu appearing. After searching the internet for hours, I am unable to find a solution. Even though I reset the laptop, the same problem still persists. Any idea how to solve the problem.

:)

epsnarayanan, Feb 26, 2018

2. right click menu keeps popping up windows 10

Keep us posted. One of the steps provided should help.

Does this happen with a mouse? Test that if you haven't.

Do you have the latest touchpad software installed and configured in Settings > Devices > Touchpad and also in the Additional Settings there at the right side of the page to open Mouse Properties and look at the last tab where the Touchpad software installs
    itself?

I'd uninstall mouse and touchpad software in Device Manager, then restart PC using keyboard to Ctrl Alt Del, on blue screen tab to Power Icon in bottom right, press Enter, arrow down to Restart, press Enter to restart to reinstall the driver.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Feb 26, 2018
  3. right click menu keeps popping up windows 10

I've got the most up-to-date laptop in town, but I still have the damn popup box! One thing I noticed was while reading emails was it popped up in the upper-left corner of the active area and scrolled the email back up to the top. Hard to read emails that
    way.

It was bugging the hell out me here, but a popup page appeared on the right side of the screen that only computer geeks would know what it meant, I "X"'d it away, and the popup box has gone silent. It seems while I am actively typing it leaves me along
    and reappears when I stop to read my latest entry. Does any of this make sense?

Gonna try the Media Creation Tool thingie next ...

George

GeorgeMellen1, Feb 26, 2018
  4. dalchina New Member

Right click menu keeps on popping up even if I don’t press the button

Perhaps check you haven't got click lock set? (Your software may well look different).

Right click menu keeps on popping up even if I don’t press the button [​IMG]

dalchina, Feb 26, 2018
  5. Now the problem is temporarily solved! On reading some posts, I realized that the "Menu Key" (in between Windows Key & Ctrl Key) is malfunctioning. Whenever the problem occures, I need to hit on this "Menu Key" and the Laptop will work perfectly. However, I have to do the same practice again if the Lap is rebooted.

epsnarayanan, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Right click menu keeps on popping up even if I don’t press the button

1. Right click menu keeps on popping up even if I don’t press the button - Similar Threads - Right click menu

2. Right-click context menu keeps popping up in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    Right-click context menu keeps popping up in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]Some Windows users have reported a weird issue. According to them, the right-click context menu keeps popping up randomly without pressing the mouse right-click on their Windows PC. This issue is very annoying as it creates disturbance while working on the computer....
  3. Right click menu pops up Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right click menu pops up Windows 10: Hello! I have a Dell Inspiron 15 3000 series. It's a few years old of course. Recently I had to have a new hard drive and have the system reset. I also had a new keyboard installed after the hard drive because it had a crack.I don't know if it's the system but ever since,...
  4. Right click menu pops up Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right click menu pops up Windows 10: Hello! I have a Dell Inspiron 15 3000 series. It's a few years old of course. Recently I had to have a new hard drive and have the system reset. I also had a new keyboard installed after the hard drive because it had a crack.I don't know if it's the system but ever since,...
  5. Right click menu pops up Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Right click keeps popping

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right click keeps popping: Right click menu keeps popping on windows 10 start menu, settings app and microsoft store. it's so frustrating Anyone can help me? : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-keeps-popping/ee93b756-a9c4-4fa2-aa59-5da6e7043ed9
  7. Right click keeps popping

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right click keeps popping: Right click menu keeps popping on windows 10 start menu, settings app and microsoft store. it's so frustrating Anyone can help me? : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-keeps-popping/ee93b756-a9c4-4fa2-aa59-5da6e7043ed9
  8. Right click popping up

Right click popping up: How to Fix Right Click Menu Randomly Popping Up on Windows 10? My PC is Surface 2 95F-00006 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-popping-up/81618467-9df7-4592-9565-c8ea3e0a1a46
  9. Right click context menu keeps popping up every time I click on something

Right click context menu keeps popping up every time I click on something: My context menus keep popping up whenever I click on a link. To get rid of it I have to press the ESC button. Any ideas how to stop this from happening? I don't use a mouse--I use the number pad instead....
  10. start button right click menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    start button right click menu: when I right click on the start button, nothing happens, no menu. Also, when I start windows, I get this error: This application failed to start because it could not find or load the Qt platform plugin "windows". The two things happened about the same time, not sure if...