Windows 10: Right-click menu/"My PC" slow after copying files

Discus and support Right-click menu/"My PC" slow after copying files in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My Windows 10 64bit PC acts weird after copying/moving a large amount of files (say maybe 75GB or more). I can run my PC for days and it's fine, as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rivre, Oct 14, 2019.

1. rivre Win User

Right-click menu/"My PC" slow after copying files

My Windows 10 64bit PC acts weird after copying/moving a large amount of files (say maybe 75GB or more). I can run my PC for days and it's fine, as long as I don't move/copy lots of large files. I can copy files for a while, but after a certain amount of copying, the right-click menu takes a good 20+ seconds to open. If I right-click any file or folder, the small blue circle just spins while it thinks about it, then finally the right-click menu opens. Also, opening "This PC" takes the same amount of time (20+ seconds) to show the drives with the bar indicating how full it is. And this happens until I reboot.

As soon as I reboot, it's fine again. Right-click menu comes up quick, and explorer works fine, and opening "This PC" instantly shows my drives. But start moving/copying large files again, and suddenly the same thing starts happening again.

This has been happening for a couple years and I can't take it anymore. What can be causing this? I have 16GB memory.

I have Kaspersky free anivirus running but it happens when it's disabled too, and I used to have Avast and the same thing happened then too.

:)

rivre, Oct 14, 2019
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

3. temp02 Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Oct 14, 2019
  4. Wozzer Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

Wozzer, Oct 14, 2019
Thema:

1. Right-click menu/"My PC" slow after copying files - Similar Threads - Right click menu

2. right click file menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    right click file menu: 1. Why did the file management drop down menu change from all the things you need to manage files to stuff you don't usually do as a first option on Windows 11? I need to delete a file it takes more clicks/steps to delete it etc. Why did they change that for the worse? Don't...
  3. right click file menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    right click file menu: 1. Why did the file management drop down menu change from all the things you need to manage files to stuff you don't usually do as a first option on Windows 11? I need to delete a file it takes more clicks/steps to delete it etc. Why did they change that for the worse? Don't...
  4. File Explorer And right click menu

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer And right click menu: When I try to open properties menu in file explorer noting pops up Don't know what to do I've tried sfc/scannow as admin and in safe mode and still did not work.My right click Context menu doesn't work either But works on chrome but not the desktop it self...
  5. File Explorer And right click menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer And right click menu: When I try to open properties menu in file explorer noting pops up Don't know what to do I've tried sfc/scannow as admin and in safe mode and still did not work.My right click Context menu doesn't work either But works on chrome but not the desktop it self...
  6. File Explorer And right click menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. The right click menu is slow.

in Windows 10 Customization
    The right click menu is slow.: Hi, I have an HP laptop it's specs: Intel Core i3-8145U CPU@2.10 GHz 2.30 GHz 4.00 GB RAM 3.89 GB usable When I select a lot of files like in the prefetch folder, there is a busy cursor for quite some time and then the menu appears. Sometimes even the cursor gets stuck in...
  8. slow respnce after right clicking

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    slow respnce after right clicking: I am having a problem whenever I restart or turn on my laptop , it take lots of time when I press left key otherwise rest of the things are working properly and smooth ....
  9. My right click is slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My right click is slow: So I bought 2 weeks ago a Lenovo Ideapad l340 gaming and i have been experiencing that my right click is slow, i need help, also i delete some file from regit but its still slow and it bothes me....
  10. Is your 'Right Click' menu slow/unresponsive?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Is your 'Right Click' menu slow/unresponsive?: ShellExView - Shell Extension Manager For Windows [img] If you have installed Windows 10 on an older computer you may have some issues with the 'Right Click' context menu. I was trying to right click videos and images, and it was a hit and miss affair. Sometimes...