Windows 10: Right click menu "New" menu is a mess after a Windows 10 update....

Discus and support Right click menu "New" menu is a mess after a Windows 10 update.... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, So in a recent Windows 10 update something strange happened to my right click menu. When I hover down to the "New" flyout menu it seems to freeze.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RAMWolff, Dec 26, 2018.

1. RAMWolff Win User

Right click menu "New" menu is a mess after a Windows 10 update....

Hi,
    So in a recent Windows 10 update something strange happened to my right click menu. When I hover down to the "New" flyout menu it seems to freeze. It's not really frozen but it's taking it's sweet time, like about 20 to 30 seconds if I want to create a new text file or folder (so for now I created a blank folder on my desktop I can just drag and copy where ever I need one fast). SO not sure what's going on with this weird happening and I have no idea where to look in order to fix it. I wrote MS about this but it's not fixed yet.
    Any ideas or things I could try to fix the right click menu up again to fly out normally??
    Thanks so much!

:)

RAMWolff, Dec 26, 2018
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

3. Naki Win User
    Feature suggestions - move to proper menus, add Options window

Suggestions:
    1) Remove main menus from top left menu (system menu) and move them to a standard Windows menu, at the top.
    Leave the 6 system menu items (Restore --- Close) in system menu, move all the rest to that standard main menu. The main menu can be auto-hidable - pressing Alt key to invoke it or hide it, similar to the way IE11 menus and many Windows 10 built-in apps' menus work.

2) And/or, add an Options menu or button, which would invoke a separate screen with GPU-Z Options, similar to how most Windows apps work.
    Most Windows apps have a separate Options screen, which GPU-Z lacks - one should be added.

Thanks in advance for listening!

4. scevism Win User

scevism, Dec 26, 2018
Thema:

1. Right click menu "New" menu is a mess after a Windows 10 update.... - Similar Threads - Right click menu

2. right click menu

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    right click menu: when using the right click menu, how do i get a "confirm" option before deleting a file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-menu/5122906b-d095-4233-a785-1aadb877a634"
  3. change the right click "new" context menu options

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    change the right click "new" context menu options: How may I edit the right click context menu to add apps or options that are relevant. Right click on the desktop and a menu pops up offering to "view > ", or " sort by >" and so forth. Under right click "new > " after "folder" and "shortcut" are a list of totally useless...
  4. Right click Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right click Start Menu: Last few insider builds (not necessarily because of it) Most of items in Start menu's just don't do anything. Command prompt/, Disk management, Device manager, Task manager etc. Other shortcuts for them work, each one when started from anywhere else works. I made links for...
  5. Right Click Taskbar Menu

Right Click Taskbar Menu: Not sure if possible but can you add to this menu? 27413
  6. Right click menu issue

Right click menu issue: I absolutely love this theme....except that the context (right click) menus remain white. I can't believe they were intended to be this way. The theme has such beautiful artwork otherwise. Any advice, suggestions and help would be greatly appreciated. (other than live with...
  7. Start Menu button right click menu fails

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu button right click menu fails: I have just upgraded to Win10 and most items on the "Power User Command Menu" do not work if the menu is accessed by right-clicking the Start Menu button on the Task Bar. The only items that do work are Search, Run, Shut down and Desktop. If the menu is accessed by the other...
  8. Mouse right click menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Mouse right click menu: I cannot activate the 'New' submenu to create New folders in Desktop,Explorer and existing folders. When I Mouse right click the menu opens up (View,Sort by,Refresh etc) when I move the cursor to 'New'(to open up the submenu to create a folder) the pointer changes to the...
  9. edit the right click menu

in Windows 10 Support
    edit the right click menu: How do you change the context menu for web pages (.HTML, .HTM files) so when you right-click and select "Edit" the file is opened in another HTML editor (Dreamweaver, Visual Studio, Sublime Text, etc....) rather then Microsoft Word? Thanks 64829
  10. Right click menu for folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Right click menu for folders: my right click menu for folders on my desktop has a program at the top instead of the word open , so every time i click to open it opens the program instead of the folder. i can right click and go to open below and it will open properly. How does one change the order of the...