Windows 10: Right click menu "New" menu is a mess after a Windows 10 update....

Discus and support Right click menu "New" menu is a mess after a Windows 10 update.... in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, So in a recent Windows 10 update something strange happened to my right click menu. When I hover down to the "New" flyout menu it seems to freeze.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RAMWolff, Dec 26, 2018.

1. RAMWolff Win User

Right click menu "New" menu is a mess after a Windows 10 update....

Hi,
    So in a recent Windows 10 update something strange happened to my right click menu. When I hover down to the "New" flyout menu it seems to freeze. It's not really frozen but it's taking it's sweet time, like about 20 to 30 seconds if I want to create a new text file or folder (so for now I created a blank folder on my desktop I can just drag and copy where ever I need one fast). SO not sure what's going on with this weird happening and I have no idea where to look in order to fix it. I wrote MS about this but it's not fixed yet.
    Any ideas or things I could try to fix the right click menu up again to fly out normally??
    Thanks so much!

:)

RAMWolff, Dec 26, 2018
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

3. Naki Win User
    Feature suggestions - move to proper menus, add Options window

Suggestions:
    1) Remove main menus from top left menu (system menu) and move them to a standard Windows menu, at the top.
    Leave the 6 system menu items (Restore --- Close) in system menu, move all the rest to that standard main menu. The main menu can be auto-hidable - pressing Alt key to invoke it or hide it, similar to the way IE11 menus and many Windows 10 built-in apps' menus work.

2) And/or, add an Options menu or button, which would invoke a separate screen with GPU-Z Options, similar to how most Windows apps work.
    Most Windows apps have a separate Options screen, which GPU-Z lacks - one should be added.

Thanks in advance for listening!

4. scevism Win User

scevism, Dec 26, 2018
Thema:

1. Right click menu "New" menu is a mess after a Windows 10 update.... - Similar Threads - Right click menu

2. Need the new right click context menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need the new right click context menu: Hi, today after I updated my Windows 11 to the 23H2 version from Beta channel insider my right click context menu has changed to the old one like it was in Windows 10. How can I get new context menu back?Build: 22631.2115 Windows 11 Home...
  3. Right-click menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right-click menu: I work with *.py Python files all day. These files are associated with Python for direct running, but to edit a .py file I right-click on a file to get to an editor, either VSCode , IDLE, or EditPlus. Unfortunately, I can't select any of these directly. Instead, I have to...
  4. Right-click menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right-click menu: I work with *.py Python files all day. These files are associated with Python for direct running, but to edit a .py file I right-click on a file to get to an editor, either VSCode , IDLE, or EditPlus. Unfortunately, I can't select any of these directly. Instead, I have to...
  5. Trimming right click NEW menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Trimming right click NEW menu: Hello, Microsoft keeps placing items in my NEW dropdown list I trimmed it some time ago and had Word - Excel - PowerPoint etc... coming back in the list When I went to the registry I already had //ShellNew under these entries, and a second ShellNew had appeared under it all I...
  6. Trimming right click NEW menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Trimming right click NEW menu: Hello, Microsoft keeps placing items in my NEW dropdown list I trimmed it some time ago and had Word - Excel - PowerPoint etc... coming back in the list When I went to the registry I already had //ShellNew under these entries, and a second ShellNew had appeared under it all I...
  7. right click menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    right click menu: how do i remove something off the right click menu submitted by /u/kubunio10 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mopspb/right_click_menu/
  8. Right click New context menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Right click New context menu: I wanna know how to rearrange the new menu when you right click. I just installed Microsoft Office 2019 and the default arrangement is really ugly. Thanks in advance! submitted by /u/UnsettledForever [link] [comments]...
  9. right click menu in windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    right click menu in windows 10: 2 Days ago, wile using Firefox, I remarked that my PC started to act strange: wile trying to open a new tab, instead, a new window was opening. In Explorer, I cannot use the Right Click.As soon as I press the right button on the mouse, the menu opens and right away it closes....
  10. right click menu

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    right click menu: when using the right click menu, how do i get a "confirm" option before deleting a file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-menu/5122906b-d095-4233-a785-1aadb877a634"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. right click sub menu changed in autocad after windows update

2. harmon invoke not working after windows update

3. cant right click and click new after update