Windows 10: Right click menu not working

Discus and support Right click menu not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Anyone any idea what nonsense microsoft have got up to lately. I find the right click menu does not appear. Any help appreciated, as MS has no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DonaldBryce, Apr 20, 2020.

1. Right click menu not working

Anyone any idea what nonsense microsoft have got up to lately.

I find the right click menu does not appear.

Any help appreciated, as MS has no intention of addressing this issue

:)

DonaldBryce, Apr 20, 2020
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

3. Start menu not working

I found the following article, ran the suggested powershell command and my start menu is working again. Here it is as I found it:
    Go to Start menu button and right click on it. This will open the contextual menu, after which you need to select Command Prompt (Admin). Once Command Prompt is open, go ahead with the following steps.

• Type and enter: Powershell
    • Type the following: Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}

Don Donadio, Apr 20, 2020
  4. Right click menu not working

mouse is not working right

unfortunately there isn't a lot to a usb mouse. what i would suggest is checking the power management settings on it.

Right-click the start menu and choose device manager
    Expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers at the very bottom
    Double-click on each HUB you have listed, click Power Management Tab at the top, and UNCHECK "Allow this computer to turn off this device to save power"
    You may have HUBs called Generic and Root Hub. Perform the step above on All of them.

If you continue to have the issue, i would imagine your mouse is malfunctioning. Perhaps try another mouse just to be sure. This will help you determine if it is in fact the mouse of computer causing the issue.

Good Luck!!

samsonbiatch, Apr 20, 2020
Thema:

Right click menu not working

1. Right click menu not working - Similar Threads - Right click menu

2. Right-click menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right-click menu: I work with *.py Python files all day. These files are associated with Python for direct running, but to edit a .py file I right-click on a file to get to an editor, either VSCode , IDLE, or EditPlus. Unfortunately, I can't select any of these directly. Instead, I have to...
  3. Right-click menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right-click menu: I work with *.py Python files all day. These files are associated with Python for direct running, but to edit a .py file I right-click on a file to get to an editor, either VSCode , IDLE, or EditPlus. Unfortunately, I can't select any of these directly. Instead, I have to...
  4. Right Click Menu and more not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right Click Menu and more not working: A few days ago, perhaps following an Update, the Right Click Menu stopped working as well as the Double Tap on my Synaptics built in Glide Pad.I have tried to update the driver using the Device Manager Built In driver utility as well as going to Synaptics website and looking...
  5. Right Click Menu and more not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right Click Menu and more not working: A few days ago, perhaps following an Update, the Right Click Menu stopped working as well as the Double Tap on my Synaptics built in Glide Pad.I have tried to update the driver using the Device Manager Built In driver utility as well as going to Synaptics website and looking...
  6. Right Click Menu and more not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. right click menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    right click menu: how do i remove something off the right click menu submitted by /u/kubunio10 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mopspb/right_click_menu/
  8. Japanese IME, Right-Click Menu Not Working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Japanese IME, Right-Click Menu Not Working: I am using the Japanese IME and when I right-click the A/ button, the menu no longer opens for me. So I can't access other features like settings or full-width latin, etc. I am only able to change between hiragana and the latin alphabet using keyboard shortcuts or by...
  9. right click menu

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    right click menu: when using the right click menu, how do i get a "confirm" option before deleting a file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-menu/5122906b-d095-4233-a785-1aadb877a634"
  10. Right Clicking Start Menu Items not Working

in Windows 10 Support
    Right Clicking Start Menu Items not Working: Hi all. This is my first post. Using win 10. The Issue i'm having is that when I right click on the Windows Start Icon, I get a list of menu items: Apps features power options event viewer * system, device manager* network connections disk management* computer...