Windows 10: Right click menu on taskbar color has gone from grey to white with blue highlight

Discus and support Right click menu on taskbar color has gone from grey to white with blue highlight in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; When I used to right click on the taskbar the color of the menu was a dark grey, now the menu is white and changes colors of blue as you move the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MBish04, Jun 23, 2020.

1. MBish04 Win User

Right click menu on taskbar color has gone from grey to white with blue highlight

When I used to right click on the taskbar the color of the menu was a dark grey, now the menu is white and changes colors of blue as you move the mouse. Can I get the dark grey menu color back?

:)

MBish04, Jun 23, 2020

2. Changing the taskbar color to white in Windows 10

Hi Michael,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

In Windows 10 there is no option for changing the color to white but you can change it to different colors. To change the color of the task bar I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• In the search box, type settings.
    • Then select personalization.
    • Click on color option on the left side.
    • You will find an option called “show color on start, taskbar and start icon”.
    • You need to on the option and then you can change the color accordingly.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jun 23, 2020
  3. sgn15 Win User
    right click menu highlight color

Hi,

I noticed something. The right click menu highlight color changes depending on the file type (or folder).

Here is an example using default theme

Right click menu on taskbar color has gone from grey to white with blue highlight xeiddx.jpg

Highlight color and text color changes depending on the file type (jpg, exe, zip, etc) and if a folder is right clicked, it's different too.

I have tried different built-in themes (even the high contrast themes), they all work this way (different highlight color and sometimes some of them result in different right click menu text font color too)

I just want to ask if there is a way to standardize the highlight color and text color of the right click menu?

sgn15, Jun 23, 2020
  4. Naki Win User

Right click menu on taskbar color has gone from grey to white with blue highlight

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

Thema:

1. Right click menu on taskbar color has gone from grey to white with blue highlight - Similar Threads - Right click menu

2. Open With is gone from the right-click on a file Menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Open With is gone from the right-click on a file Menu: Why would Microsoft remove the Open With option when right-clicking on a file in Windows 11? Who makes a poor design decision like that and why?...
  3. Open With is gone from the right-click on a file Menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Open With is gone from the right-click on a file Menu: Why would Microsoft remove the Open With option when right-clicking on a file in Windows 11? Who makes a poor design decision like that and why?...
  4. Start menu right click menu not highlighting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu right click menu not highlighting: When I go to the start menu, type in an application like cmd, then try to right click, the menu no longer highlights. Is there a fix for this problem? Thank you....
  5. Start menu right click menu not highlighting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu right click menu not highlighting: When I go to the start menu, type in an application like cmd, then try to right click, the menu no longer highlights. Is there a fix for this problem? Thank you....
  6. Right click text highlight menu color

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right click text highlight menu color: Hi, With the new windows update, The highlighted box color is grey as you can see in the example below when I hover over "Refresh". Is there a way to change that to blue ? I dont want to change the theme . [ATTACH] Thank you...
  7. Pin to taskbar missing from right click menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Pin to taskbar missing from right click menu: I have a shortcut to an .exe that for some reason pin to taskbar is missing, pin to start is there, a picture is worth a 1000 words. Windows 10 build 18362.836 [img] 157164
  8. Right Click Menu is White on Light Grey?

in Windows 10 Support
    Right Click Menu is White on Light Grey?: I just changed the default app mode from light to dark on one of my PCs. Right clicking on an icon displays white text on alight grey background in one user account which is wrong. The dark mode works OK in other accounts on the same PC. Is there a fix for this behaviour?...
  9. right click menu highlight color

right click menu highlight color: Hi, I noticed something. The right click menu highlight color changes depending on the file type (or folder). Here is an example using default theme [img] Highlight color and text color changes depending on the file type (jpg, exe, zip, etc) and if a folder is...
  10. Right Click Taskbar Menu

Right Click Taskbar Menu: Not sure if possible but can you add to this menu? 27413