Windows 10: right click mouse pad and no options

Discus and support right click mouse pad and no options in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Have a 2 year old Asus laptop with 10 on it. I've noticed that when I right click on things that would normally give me options to, say delete, move,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by drmax, Oct 14, 2018.

1. drmax Win User

right click mouse pad and no options

Have a 2 year old Asus laptop with 10 on it. I've noticed that when I right click on things that would normally give me options to, say delete, move, copy, paste, etc....are not there. Meaning there is nothing there to be able to do.
    Is this just a windows 10 deal, or some default function set up within Asus? Reaching out now, after all this time as it's recently been more of a pain, without this normal function. Thx Greg

:)

drmax, Oct 14, 2018

2. Mouse pad turn off windows 10 on a HP laptop

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

Please reply: What happens when you try disabling the mouse pad? Do you receive any error message?

You can also disable your mouse pad by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Mice and other pointing devices.
    • Right-click on the Mouse driver and click on Disable.
    • A prompt will appear, click yes.
    I would also suggest you update the driver from the device manager.

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Oct 14, 2018
  3. Touch pad Mouse

The mouse driver can be outdated which causes the issue. To resolve this, we need to do several troubleshooting steps. We suggest that you update the mouse driver from the Device Manager. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Mice and other pointing devices.
    • Right click on Mouse driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Restart the computer for the changes to take effect.
    Let us know how it goes.

Jennifer Bri, Oct 14, 2018
  4. right click mouse pad and no options

Mouse Pad

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10. We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps:

Method 1:
    Run “Hardware and Devices” troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue.

Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Press “Windows key + W”.
    • Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Search box and hit enter.
    • Select “Hardware and Sound” from the Troubleshooter Window.
    • Select “Hardware and Devices” under
      Devices option.
    • Follow the On Screen instructions.
    Method 2:
    Un-install and re-install mouse pad drivers from the manufacturer’s website and see if that helps:

Step 1:
    Un-install the drivers:

Follow these steps:

• Press “Windows Key + W” from the keyboard.
    • Type “device Manager” without quotes in the search box and hit enter.
    • Right click on the mousepad drivers and select “Uninstall”.
    • Restart the computer once it is uninstalled.
    Step 2: Download the latest mousepad drivers for Windows 10 from manufacturer’s website and check if it helps.

Follow the below link as reference and check if it helps:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/...uchpad-keyboard-problems-in-windows#v1h=tab05

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Oct 14, 2018
Thema:

right click mouse pad and no options

1. right click mouse pad and no options - Similar Threads - right click mouse

2. right click of mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    right click of mouse: HiMy Windows 11 restarts Windows Explorer when I right click https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-of-mouse/736234a2-1dff-4a29-85d3-50d469695400
  3. Right click options.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right click options.: New Windows 11...MS Edge.When right clicking a file/Programme the options list is short but offers 'Show more options'.How do I get the full list first time with the right click....as in Windows 10?Please?...
  4. Right click options.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right click options.: New Windows 11...MS Edge.When right clicking a file/Programme the options list is short but offers 'Show more options'.How do I get the full list first time with the right click....as in Windows 10?Please?...
  5. Right Click Option

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right Click Option: Is there a way i can customize my right click option like add or remove app option. i want to remove github option on my right click. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-option/c2573dd3-515e-495a-ba90-969c18c20da0
  6. Left and Right click on mouse pad not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Left and Right click on mouse pad not working: Hi there, I have recently touched the wrong thing on my keypad for my left and right click to stop working, the touchpad itself works thankfully, but the buttons underneath don't seem to work. Any ideas for me to get it fixed ASAP. I've tried downloading the HP PC hardware...
  7. right click using mouse pad etc

right click using mouse pad etc: how do you right click with a dell mouse pad pls? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-using-mouse-pad-etc/6ba8fd73-f788-46ac-a2a8-edcc4b8eaca5
  8. Right mouse click

Right mouse click: I have a microsoft keyboard and mouse connected via USB. The right mouse click no longer works on my mouse?? How do I fix - I have followed a number of articles but nothing has worked...
  9. Right mouse click and no 'Back' option?

Right mouse click and no 'Back' option?: My Toshiba laptop crashed and with the Black Friday deals going on I purchased a new Lenova laptop. Hooked up my Microsoft cordless mouse 3000. The mouse works fine other than I've lost the right click 'back' button option. I have enough time invested searching the...
  10. right click mouse pad and no options

in Windows 10 Support
    right click mouse pad and no options: Have a 2 year old Asus laptop with 10 on it. I've noticed that when I right click on things that would normally give me options to, say delete, move, copy, paste, etc....are not there. Meaning there is nothing there to be able to do. Is this just a windows 10 deal, or some...