Windows 10: Right click new folder windows 10 very slow

Discus and support Right click new folder windows 10 very slow in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Every time I right click go to new the computer just locks up for 10 seconds. Windows explorer will say "Not responding" than I can click on new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TonyPalermo, Feb 25, 2019.

1. Right click new folder windows 10 very slow

Every time I right click go to new the computer just locks up for 10 seconds. Windows explorer will say "Not responding" than I can click on new folder. When I do this in the task manager it says "appmodel, State Repository Service" goes into high gear and takes alot of CPU usage. I don't understand why this is. Nothing else seems to be slow just trying to right click and make a new folder. For my job I have to make a lot of folders at times so this is very frustrating.

Anyone know how to fix this issue?

Tony

:)

TonyPalermo, Feb 25, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Feb 25, 2019
  3. creating new folder problem in windows 10 creator

Hi Gudiya,

The problem you've encountered in creating a folder could be caused by software or program conflict as the issue appeared a few days after installing the Windows 10 Creators update. For us to know if this only occurs when creating a new folder from the desktop,
    we suggest that you try creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut or from File Explorer. Please refer to the steps below:

Creating a new folder using a keyboard shortcut.

• Click on the desktop.
    • Press CTRL + SHIFT + N.
    • A new folder should be created.

Creating a new folder from File Explorer.

• Open File Explorer.
    • Hover your mouse on the location where you want to create a new folder.
    • Right-click it, go to New > Folder.

In case the problem persists, then we suggest that you go ahead and perform a clean boot. Doing so will start your computer using minimal drivers to help us determine what conflict is causing the problem. Check out
    How to perform a clean boot in Windows for the detailed steps.

Let us know the result so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Feb 25, 2019
  4. Right click new folder windows 10 very slow

Very slow to load Downloads folder in Windows 10

The steps outlined at How to Fix a Slow-Opening Windows Downloads Folder helped me.

1. Open File Explorer. You can get there by hitting Windows Key + E or clicking on the explorer icon in your taskbar.

2. Right click on the Downloads shortcut in the
    window pane and select Properties.

3. Navigate to the Customize tab.

4. Select "General items" from the "Optimize this folder for:" list.

5. Click Ok.​

MarineGeek23, Feb 25, 2019
Thema:

Right click new folder windows 10 very slow

1. Right click new folder windows 10 very slow - Similar Threads - Right click folder

2. Can't create new folder by right click

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't create new folder by right click: Hi Team,whenever I try to create a new folder on left click, I am not getting the option to create a new folder, instead the option there is to create compressed folder. I applied the steps mentioned in...
  3. Save File, "New Folder" very slow

in Windows 10 Support
    Save File, "New Folder" very slow: Lately when attempting downloads or saving files, the Save File "New Folder" button seems to take forever to complete (at least a minute). I can't pin down exactly when this started happening, just that I've been annoyed by it in for a t least the last month. Does anyone have...
  4. Right clicking folders and .exes super slow to load.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Right clicking folders and .exes super slow to load.: Hey guys, I've searched google and reddit everywhere for a solution; I can't seem to stop having this issue. I've tried clearing out the context menu with shellexview and the registry, I've also done sfc /scannow to no avail. the only thing else suggested was resetting my pc....
  5. right click slow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    right click slow: whenever i try to create new folder or press right click new it cause lag and delay 10 second i tried all the solution on the internet and widows repair and check updates and everything but nothing work !...
  6. Right click desktop button is very slow in response?

Right click desktop button is very slow in response?: In my windows-10, the right click desktop button response is very slow.How to rectify this? I have seen some videos regarding this issue,they are suggesting to delete ( igfxcui folders in content menu handlers). Is this approach is safe for my PC?...
  7. Slow right -> New on File Explorer click on Windows 10

Slow right -> New on File Explorer click on Windows 10: Hello, I noticed a really weird situation on my Windows 10, When I press right click it works good and immediately, but then, when I go to "New" section, it takes FOREVER, like 5 seconds which is A LOT if you think about it and really count this time for a moment. I tried...
  8. Slow right -> New on File Explorer click on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Slow right -> New on File Explorer click on Windows 10: Hello, I noticed a really weird situation on my Windows 10, When I press right click it works good and immediately, but then, when I go to "New" section, it takes FOREVER, like 5 seconds which is A LOT if you think about it and really count this time for a moment. I tried...
  9. Right click will not open new folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Right click will not open new folder: When I right click to open a new folder the new tab will not open and locks the screen I can open a new folder from the top right of folder screen. sorry I am not too good at this any ideas please 127496
  10. very very very slow right click on desktop or copy paste or create folder on any task

very very very slow right click on desktop or copy paste or create folder on any task: I am using Dell's Latitude 7370 laptop with Windows 10 OS. The PC has so slow that, whatever I click on it, it takes literally 1-2 minutes to perform any task. I have installed ubuntu14 using virtual box, in ubuntu 14 does the task within a second. I am eagerly...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 new folder slow

2. right click new folder slow

3. windows 10 right click new folder slow

4. slow new folder windows 10,
  5. right click new folder slow windows 10,
  6. new folder very slow,
  7. windows 10 right click slow,
  8. why win create new folder so slow,
  9. beelink bt3 pro windows 10 slow,
  10. my computer slows down when i create a new folder,
  11. slow right click w10,