Windows 10: Right Click "New" freezes system.

Discus and support Right Click "New" freezes system. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Recently I am facing this issue. whenever I click right click and select new, the menu box or 'context menu' freezes along with the file explorer. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MushfiqChowdhury, Oct 19, 2018.

1. Right Click "New" freezes system.

Recently I am facing this issue. whenever I click right click and select new, the menu box or 'context menu' freezes along with the file explorer. It does not happen with other items such as sort by or view by options in the context menu. It only occurs when I click new. It freezes like about 15 seconds and then works fine. It freezes even when I press new via menu bar in file explorer. Also, the issue persists in the safe mode too. But when I tried it with a new user profile it did not happen. What could possibly go wrong? Is it a broken registry issue or a software issue or a virus? How can I fix it? Yes, I have made some changes to my system recently but not sure what were the changes. Among them, I removed a software named Mirekusoft Install Monitor which was stopping software from working properly. Also, I used a diagnostic software named QuickBooks Install DiagnosticTool which finds issues in my system and fix them automatically.

After these things, I am facing this issue with my context menu. I tried sfc, disabling shellnew items, ccleaner, and some more tweaks but none didn't help.

My system.

windows 10 build 1809

RAM 8 GB

Msi Nvidia GTX 970,
    Toshiba 500 GB HDD

http://prntscr.com/l7vtj5
    http://prntscr.com/l7vlcz

:)

MushfiqChowdhury, Oct 19, 2018

2. System Stopped Responding aka Freezed

Thank you for your prompt response. Based on your answers, there are possibility that some components of the game are corrupted. If your game is freezing or not responding, uninstalling and reinstalling it will remove and replace the files that run the game.

Here are the steps on how to uninstall and reinstall your game:

• Press the Windows key on your keyboard.
    • Select All apps, and then find your game in the list.
    • Right-click the game tile, and then select Uninstall.
    • Follow the steps to uninstall the game.
    • To reinstall your game, open Windows Store app, and then select the profile button.
    • Select My Library.
    • Locate the game in the list of available downloads, and then select the download icon to the right.

We also suggest that you restart your computer to normal startup to disable unnecessary apps that run in the background of your computer while you are using it. Here's how:

• Press Windows + R on the keyboard.
    • Type msconfig, and then click
      OK
    • On the General tab, click the
      Normal Startup
      , and then click OK.
    • When you are prompted to restart the computer, click
      Restart.

Keep us updated with the results after performing the steps above.

Loraine Mon, Oct 19, 2018
  3. Mayra Aqu Win User
    Windows 10 Computer Randomly Freezes

Hi,

Listed below are some possibilities why the computer keeps on freezing:

• Outdated drivers.
    • Virus and malware.
    • Corrupted system files.

We suggest performing the steps on this article that can help resolve the issue.

Get back to us if you have other concerns.

Mayra Aqu, Oct 19, 2018
  4. Right Click "New" freezes system.

all games crash!

ive watch my temps and both the cpu and gpu are within normal ranges. when it freezes it simply freezes the image and stops the sound. i must reboot to get back to windows.

Easy Rhino, Oct 19, 2018
Thema:

Right Click "New" freezes system.

1. Right Click "New" freezes system. - Similar Threads - Right Click freezes

2. Right clicking on an application freezes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right clicking on an application freezes: When I try to right click an application on the desktop OR in the file explorer, the loading circle appears and stays like that until I restart my computer or the explorer. If it's in the file explorer, it just freezes with the circle and I have to close it from the taskbar...
  3. Windows explorer freezes when right clicking and hovering over "New"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows explorer freezes when right clicking and hovering over "New": It freezes for about 10 seconds, but then it works. I tried many things: using ShellExView to disable extensions, uninstalling some programs, running in safe mode, I used DISM to check for health, nothing worked. Windows is updated, drivers are updated, I don't know what to...
  4. Right click on "new"

Right click on "new": when I right-click on my Windows 10 desktop and get a list of options, they all work except "New" which "hangs" then crashes. I can' find a solution for this. I've been through the registry suggestions, and re-installed the O/S (Windows 10 64 bit), but to no avail. Can...
  5. Right Click New Context Freeze

in Windows 10 Support
    Right Click New Context Freeze: Hello, I'm still having problems with my context menu when I right click on the desktop and go to "New" It freezes before showing any options. I have uninstalled programs that had placed items in the new context menu so at this moment I only have the default things, but it's...
  6. A right click on the desktop to select NEW freezes, unable to create a new folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    A right click on the desktop to select NEW freezes, unable to create a new folder: A right click on the desktop to select NEW freezes, unable to create a new folder https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-right-click-on-the-desktop-to-select-new-freezes/9af3b440-95ce-46c9-8ec2-d6cf1625a3c4
  7. Freeze After Hit "New" on Right-Click

Freeze After Hit "New" on Right-Click: Hello, i have problem with my Windows 10 after Update to Latest , when i right click and hit "New" option then my Desktop / File Explorer freeze for few second , so are this Windows problem or caused by app ?...
  8. Windows 10 1809 Freezing when right click "New"

Windows 10 1809 Freezing when right click "New": Having an issues for sometime now where I can't right click and click "New", I used shell explore to disable all Non MS extensions and it is better where sometimes I can click new and it will work but always will fail on the first try. I see others reporting this issue and...
  9. SYSTEM GETTING FREEZE AFTER WE RIGHT CLICK THE MOUSE

SYSTEM GETTING FREEZE AFTER WE RIGHT CLICK THE MOUSE: Hi, Can some one help on the below issue. When we right click the mouse it loads for 2-3 sec and displays the menu. Once we connect to VPN when we right click the mouse on the desktop it keeps on loading and get freezes and we need to reboot the system can you please on...
  10. Mouse does spontaneous right click and left click freezes until right click is used...?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse does spontaneous right click and left click freezes until right click is used...?: My mouse has a spontaneous right click occur and simultaneously the left click doesn't work until I right click on some part of the page I'm on. Windows 10 OS and Edge browser. I have tried different mouses, cleaned their buttons etc. and uninstalled the mouse drivers and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. right click new freezes

2. windows right click freeze

3. right click New Hangs

4. windows right click new freeze,
  5. windows 10 right click creat new folder freez,
  6. right click on mouse freezes then pc freezes,
  7. right click new freezes computer,
  8. reboo pc freeze right klick,
  9. right click freezes desktop,
  10. context menu new hangs,
  11. windows freezes right click,