Windows 10: Right-click not working at search field in folders

Discus and support Right-click not working at search field in folders in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Good afternoon, Since the last update of Windows 10, whenever I try to right-click at the search field inside folders nothing happens. It's like the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by sjm6049, Nov 26, 2019.

1. sjm6049 Win User

Right-click not working at search field in folders

Good afternoon,

Since the last update of Windows 10, whenever I try to right-click at the search field inside folders nothing happens. It's like the ability to do it disappeared. A turnaround to this is to Ctrl+C the text I want to search for and then Ctrl+V inside the search field. However, this does always work properly. Any solutions?

Thank you in advance

:)

sjm6049, Nov 26, 2019
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. search field

Hi Larry,

You can always search for your files with the use of Cortana search box.

If its not visible on your desktop, refer to the steps below to make it available again.

1. Right-click on your taskbar and choose Cortana.

2. Select Show search box.

If you are referring to a search box that's designed to look for Word files only, we suggest you submit this as your entry at
    Microsoft Connect is Retired - Collaborate as this matter is already advisable to be listed on our Feedback forum.

Rest assured that our Engineering team will take the necessary action to improve Windows features as we always value our customer's needs.

Thank you.

Jhessica Sur, Nov 26, 2019
  4. Right-click not working at search field in folders

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Nov 26, 2019
Thema:

Right-click not working at search field in folders

1. Right-click not working at search field in folders - Similar Threads - Right click working

2. Explorer Search Field/Folder Search Field is not working/unavailable

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer Search Field/Folder Search Field is not working/unavailable: Hello, I am experiencing a weird issue, my Explorer search field/Folder search field seems not working: 1. When I click on it nothing happens, no blinking cursor appears as it should, to input searching query, nothing. 2. When I use combination Ctrl+F, I can input only 1...
  3. Cortana's search field not working and File Explorer search field not working

in Cortana
    Cortana's search field not working and File Explorer search field not working: I have tried all these suggested fixes and none of them fix either of the two problems. https://www.partitionwizard.com/partitionmagic/file-explorer-search-not-working.html I am wondering if anyone else had this dual problem? I see there is a Powershell script I can run...
  4. Bing on right click search

in Browsers and Email
    Bing on right click search: I'm getting search Bing Default search on a right click of a word etc which I do not want. I'm using Firefox and it is set as my default browser. The are no Bing extension in Firefox. Plus I have looked in programs and features and there are no related programs to Bing in...
  5. Explorer Search field does not work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Explorer Search field does not work: Hello, The Explorer search field just to the right of the magnifying glass is unable to receive the focus. I have tried each following approach: >Press Windows key + F >Click the mouse in such field The search field getting the focus has been flaky for me for the past...
  6. Right clicking disappears when I type something in the search field of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right clicking disappears when I type something in the search field of Windows 10: I have Windows 10 Home. I search for programs like control panel or cmd in the bottom left corner and they appear, but when I right click on them to do things such as "add to task bar" or "run as administrator", the box disappears super fast. I've tried resetting my PC, but...
  7. Highlight & Right Click Search Not Working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Highlight & Right Click Search Not Working: When I highlight a word or series of words in a website and right click it says “search Google for “that word or phrase” and nothing happens. How do I fix that?...
  8. Add notepad++ to the right click New> field

in Windows 10 Customization
    Add notepad++ to the right click New> field: Hi people, I would like to have Notepad++ in my "New>" list. Example: 1) Go to your desktop and right click on it 2) Click on New> 3) You are able to click on Notepad++ Right now I do see Notepad, I would like to keep it. Just adding notepad++ extra to it....
  9. Right clicking on folders...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Right clicking on folders...: ...and icons takes unreasonable long time to open - what could be the reason? 38237
  10. right click not working

in Windows 10 Support
    right click not working: I installed wind 10 in aug 2 days ago my right click in my icons on the bottom wont respond it works every where else I went to windows update and it says I last updated 7/15 but I put win 10 in on aug 30th? Im not sure if windows did something as far as I know I didnt and I...