Windows 10: Right-Click not working in Taskbar

Discus and support Right-Click not working in Taskbar in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Welcome to another episode of "The Computer Illiterate Electrical Engineer"... Running W10 Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.959) on a Toshiba Satellite... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by DerekW10, Aug 5, 2020.

1. DerekW10 Win User

Right-Click not working in Taskbar

Welcome to another episode of "The Computer Illiterate Electrical Engineer"...

Running W10 Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.959) on a Toshiba Satellite A665-S6086.

I just noticed the right click button on my touchpad will not allow me to access menus for taskbar icons. I just happened to be cleaning up my taskbar a bit and had not notice this previously.

I did the generally accepted "low hanging fruit" troubleshooting, i.e. Restart Windows Explorer, Uninstall and reinstall drivers, etc. to no avail.

I'm sure it's a simple fix but none of the 4-5 methods I found seemed to work and in theory, and judging by the mouse and touchpad settings currently enabled, it should work.

:)

DerekW10, Aug 5, 2020
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

Naki, Aug 5, 2020
  3. mouse right click will not open my file explorer in taskbar

Hello Carl,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

• What happens when you left clicking?
    • When you say right click, do you actually mean left click?
    • Which all troubleshooting steps have you already tried to resolve this issue?

Left clicking with mouse will open File explorer or any other programs. Whereas right click will give you context menu.

I suggest you to right-click on the File Explorer
    on the task bar and select Unpin from Taskbar. Now in the search bar type
    File Explorer and right click on it and select Pin it to Taskbar
    and check if it helps.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Aug 5, 2020
  4. derekimo Win User

No response if I Right click (Windows Icon on the Taskbar)

I saw that in your list, not knowing anything about it though, I just suggested the ones I know have questionable pasts.

At least you figured it out, nice work! Right-Click not working in Taskbar :)

derekimo, Aug 5, 2020
Thema:

1. Right-Click not working in Taskbar - Similar Threads - Right Click working

2. Windows taskbar right click icon’s not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows taskbar right click icon’s not working: The taskbar icons when I right click won’t work since I recently uninstalled the latest update and did a restore point but didn’t show anything when I right click them, I even tried restarting it but nothing. Can someone help me?...
  3. Windows taskbar right click icon’s not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows taskbar right click icon’s not working: The taskbar icons when I right click won’t work since I recently uninstalled the latest update and did a restore point but didn’t show anything when I right click them, I even tried restarting it but nothing. Can someone help me?...
  4. RIGHT CLICK MOUSE DOESN'T WORK ON TASKBAR

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RIGHT CLICK MOUSE DOESN'T WORK ON TASKBAR: Right click mouse doesn't work on taskbar. I'm using WIN 10 and my HP ZBOOK is current on all updates.HELP! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-mouse-doesnt-work-on-taskbar/1ffb5587-5880-4ab4-844a-d362b86af763
  5. RIGHT CLICK MOUSE DOESN'T WORK ON TASKBAR

RIGHT CLICK MOUSE DOESN'T WORK ON TASKBAR: Right click mouse doesn't work on taskbar. I'm using WIN 10 and my HP ZBOOK is current on all updates.HELP! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-mouse-doesnt-work-on-taskbar/1ffb5587-5880-4ab4-844a-d362b86af763
  6. right-click on taskbar not working

right-click on taskbar not working: Did a little googling but no joy. If I right-click on date or icons for the running programs nothing happens. When I right-click on an empty bit of taskbar it works fine. Thinking I need to do an in-place install but would rather not not totally sure if it's a good idea....
  7. right-click on taskbar not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    right-click on taskbar not working: Did a little googling but no joy. If I right-click on date or icons for the running programs nothing happens. When I right-click on an empty bit of taskbar it works fine. Thinking I need to do an in-place install but would rather not not totally sure if it's a good idea....
  8. right-click on taskbar not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Right click on taskbar icons not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Right click on taskbar icons not working: After windows 2004 update and some other updates right click on taskbar icons not working. I tried several solutions with powershell or with repair install but no luck. I am trying to avoid clean install, I think that the problem is coming with some cumulative. Any solution...
  10. notepad Right click, pin to taskbar not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    notepad Right click, pin to taskbar not working: Still can not get notepad to remember files on taskbar. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/notepad-right-click-pin-to-taskbar-not-working/b637c704-b5b9-4dd9-91a8-d854fd230421