Windows 10: right click not working on certain files

Discus and support right click not working on certain files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; when I enter a folder in which some files are there, if file formats like jpg, pdf etc are there and if I want to right click on them for copy, delete,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Shashwatpanda1, Jun 25, 2019.

1. right click not working on certain files

when I enter a folder in which some files are there, if file formats like jpg, pdf etc are there and if I want to right click on them for copy, delete, rename etc then the right click menu never pops up, instead the every open folder gets shut and I get back to the desktop. This doesn't happen when the file is video file or file format like mp4 or mkv. This started after my system crashed and I gave my laptop for windows reinstallation.

:)

Shashwatpanda1, Jun 25, 2019

2. Right Clicking on a file

Hi Dileep,

Thank you for your reply.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Below are the steps on how to create Mail Recipient in the Sent To list.

1. Press Windows Key + R.

2. Type in the Search bar %appdata%\microsoft\windows\sendto

3. Right Click on the space in the middle of the window

4. Click New.

5. Click Text Document

6. Open the txt file in notepad, type in there 'Mail', and save the file as "Mail Recipient.MAPIMail"

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Jun 25, 2019
  3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jun 25, 2019
  4. right click not working on certain files

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jun 25, 2019
Thema:

right click not working on certain files

1. right click not working on certain files - Similar Threads - right click working

2. right click not working in file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    right click not working in file explorer: hello,I am encountering with an issue in file explorer windows 10. I wanted to print some documents and when i right clicked in the folder. It just hanged, like when the cursor shows a blue round moving animation only. That happened and the file explorer froze. I cant even...
  3. right click not working in file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    right click not working in file explorer: hello,I am encountering with an issue in file explorer windows 10. I wanted to print some documents and when i right clicked in the folder. It just hanged, like when the cursor shows a blue round moving animation only. That happened and the file explorer froze. I cant even...
  4. right click not working in file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Right click on certain files not working, file explorer automatically close

Right click on certain files not working, file explorer automatically close: I'm facing an issue here...When I right click on my files such as word, excel, pdf, ppt, jpg... are totally not working, the file explorer will automatically close but when I right click on the folders, video files mp4, mp3 or zip files, there are working and only these kind...
  6. Right click not working on files and apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right click not working on files and apps: I recently updated my windows 8.1 to windows 10 and now my right click is loading too long when I right click files and apps.And I have tried every possible method and still can’t solve it....
  7. Windows Explorer crashing when right clicking certain files.

Windows Explorer crashing when right clicking certain files.: Hello, I have a weird issue with windows 10 that makes windows explorer crash when right clicking a mp3 file. The log says: Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\explorer.exe Problem signature Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: explorer.exe Application...
  8. Right clicking certain files causes explorer to crash

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Right clicking certain files causes explorer to crash: This is what I see in the log. Description Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\explorer.exe Problem signature Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: explorer.exe Application Version: 10.0.18362.815 Application Timestamp: 51185cb4 Fault Module Name:...
  9. Right click on desktop or files not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Right click on desktop or files not working: Looking for solution about my Right Click which suddenly not working anymore... 6428
  10. Right Click doesn't work on certain files if they are on Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Right Click doesn't work on certain files if they are on Desktop: Okay, this is a weird one, I can right click on files if they are in a folder, or even folder view, but if the files is an image file *.jpg, *.png, etc... I am unable to do a right click on it. Sometimes I can see the menu pop up, but then it disappears almost as quick as it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. certain files will not open on right click