Windows 10: Right click not working on taskbar and can't type in search on taskbar either

Discus and support Right click not working on taskbar and can't type in search on taskbar either in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi there A few days ago, I noticed that I can no longer right click on any of the icons on my taskbar at the bottom of my screen. Normally, when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by EmmaChesters, Oct 29, 2020.

1. Right click not working on taskbar and can't type in search on taskbar either

Hi there

A few days ago, I noticed that I can no longer right click on any of the icons on my taskbar at the bottom of my screen. Normally, when I right click on things like Word or Excel, a list pops up of recently opened documents. All that happens now is that the blue circle goes round and round. I can still left click and open word that way and find the document I want.

Also, I now can't type in the search bar at the bottom of the screen next to the Microsoft start button.

Weirdly, the start button responds to a right click but not a left click any longer.

I have searched the net but can't find a fix for any of these and can't work out why they've happened.

Can anyone shed any light on the matter, please, as it's really frustrating!

Many thanks

:)

EmmaChesters, Oct 29, 2020
  2. APG6 Win User

my taskbar search is working sporadically

My taskbar search bar is working some of the time. For example, if I type in "TaskMgr", it will list taskmgr, and when I click on it, it opens my Task Manager, as expected.

But if I type in a file name or an app, like WinMerge, it will list them properly in the Search list, but if I click on them, either nothing happens or it takes me to the root window of File Explorer, instead of to the file or the app.

I ran through all the steps on this page, to no avail: Search isn't working on Windows 10? Try these fixes.

Any ideas?

3. Cannot disable Taskbar live preview in 7!

I even did this...
    1. Click on start and type on search bar gpedit.msc and press enter
    2. Now navigate to User Configuration, Administrative Templates, and Start Menu and Taskbar in left pan of Group Policy Editor
    3. Locate “Turn off Taskbar Thumbnails” in right pan of Group policy editor and double click on it.

mikejustis, Oct 29, 2020
  4. Arjay Dom Win User

Right click not working on taskbar and can't type in search on taskbar either

Search box on taskbar missing.

Hi John,

This issue with search box may happen if it's hidden from the taskbar.

To resolve the issue, follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the taskbar and select Search.
    • Select Show search box.

Feel free to post back if you have other concerns.

Arjay Dom, Oct 29, 2020
Thema:

Right click not working on taskbar and can't type in search on taskbar either

1. Right click not working on taskbar and can't type in search on taskbar either - Similar Threads - Right click working

2. right-click on taskbar not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    right-click on taskbar not working: Did a little googling but no joy. If I right-click on date or icons for the running programs nothing happens. When I right-click on an empty bit of taskbar it works fine. Thinking I need to do an in-place install but would rather not not totally sure if it's a good idea....
  3. right-click on taskbar not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    right-click on taskbar not working: Did a little googling but no joy. If I right-click on date or icons for the running programs nothing happens. When I right-click on an empty bit of taskbar it works fine. Thinking I need to do an in-place install but would rather not not totally sure if it's a good idea....
  4. right-click on taskbar not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Can't right click taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't right click taskbar: Hi, today I started having a problem where I couldn't right-click on the task bar. I look up a solution that says to restart 'tiledatamodelsvc'. When I go to check, I notice that my system lacks this service and that even using PS Get-Service -Name 'tiledatamodelsvc' results...
  6. Can't right click taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't right click taskbar: Hi, today I started having a problem where I couldn't right-click on the task bar. I look up a solution that says to restart 'tiledatamodelsvc'. When I go to check, I notice that my system lacks this service and that even using PS Get-Service -Name 'tiledatamodelsvc' results...
  7. Can't right click taskbar

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Can't right click anything in taskbar

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't right click anything in taskbar: Following an update I had a few days ago, I can no longer right click anything on my taskbar. It still seems to register that I am right clicking on those icons, as the icon lights up as though I had right clicked on it, but there is no other interaction. submitted by...
  9. Right-Click not working in Taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Right-Click not working in Taskbar: Welcome to another episode of "The Computer Illiterate Electrical Engineer"... Running W10 Version 1909 (OS Build 18363.959) on a Toshiba Satellite A665-S6086. I just noticed the right click button on my touchpad will not allow me to access menus for taskbar icons. I just...
  10. Can't right click taskbar icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't right click taskbar icons: I can't right click taskbar apps, left click works as it should but not the right click. Also left clicking start button won't open start menu, right click works on this one as it works on other system icons (volume, network, clock and notification) but not the left click....