Windows 10: right click not working

Discus and support right click not working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello.I have a severe problem using my mouse.Basicaly when I right click a lot of the times it wont respond.I have tested it everywhere-on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ДимитърИванов, Sep 14, 2019.

1. right click not working

Hello.I have a severe problem using my mouse.Basicaly when I right click a lot of the times it wont respond.I have tested it everywhere-on the desktop,on icons,in the browser and it seems that the problem is occurring everywhere.What I have done so far is the following:

- bought a new mouse

- installed a new windows

- tried different USB plugs

-deleted and installed new mouse and USB drivers

-ran Hardware troubleshooting

and none of these helped.I should also note that I switched the primary button from left to right,and when I tested the left button it worked perfectly.Also this problem occurs only on the mouse and never on the touchpad.

:)

ДимитърИванов, Sep 14, 2019

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Sep 14, 2019
  3. mouse is not working right

unfortunately there isn't a lot to a usb mouse. what i would suggest is checking the power management settings on it.

Right-click the start menu and choose device manager
    Expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers at the very bottom
    Double-click on each HUB you have listed, click Power Management Tab at the top, and UNCHECK "Allow this computer to turn off this device to save power"
    You may have HUBs called Generic and Root Hub. Perform the step above on All of them.

If you continue to have the issue, i would imagine your mouse is malfunctioning. Perhaps try another mouse just to be sure. This will help you determine if it is in fact the mouse of computer causing the issue.

Good Luck!!

samsonbiatch, Sep 14, 2019
  4. right click not working

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Sep 14, 2019
Thema:

right click not working

1. right click not working - Similar Threads - right click working

2. Left Click Working as Right Click

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Left Click Working as Right Click: Hello. I have a very odd problem that I need help with. Starting last night, and for no real reason, my pc started to register my mouse’s left clicks as right clicks. On top of this, it’s not registering right clicks as left clicks as if they were flipped, so I don’t have any...
  3. Left Click Working as Right Click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Left Click Working as Right Click: Hello. I have a very odd problem that I need help with. Starting last night, and for no real reason, my pc started to register my mouse’s left clicks as right clicks. On top of this, it’s not registering right clicks as left clicks as if they were flipped, so I don’t have any...
  4. Left Click Working as Right Click

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Right Click Not Working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Right Click Not Working: I’m running windows through boot camp, and it only seems to have problems there. When I reset into my MacOS drive the problem isn’t there, someone please advise as I’ve already factory reset my system, updated and removed my drivers, and even tried the regedit and sfc/scannow...
  6. RIght click not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    RIght click not working: Description Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\explorer.exe Problem signature Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: explorer.exe Application Version: 10.0.18362.997 Application Timestamp: 2419a7bd Fault Module Name: StackHash_3e9e Fault Module Version:...
  7. Right click not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right click not working: Hello, I recently upgraded to Windows 10, so I am on a learning curve. I am very frustrated that the right click does not work. I have researched a bit, and have tried to follow every tutorial I can find, starting with desktop mode and mouse works fine, but every tutorial has...
  8. Right click not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Right click not working: Upgraded to windows 10 yesterday. Right click not working since then anywhere. Request help. 11777
  9. Right click not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Right click not working: Hi Guys, I guess we need some help here. My girlfriend bought an ASUS with a Windows 10. She copied some photos and when she wants to do a right click, the whole system collapses. The screen goes blank, then it comes back after a second and everything is as if nothing has...
  10. right click not working

in Windows 10 Support
    right click not working: I installed wind 10 in aug 2 days ago my right click in my icons on the bottom wont respond it works every where else I went to windows update and it says I last updated 7/15 but I put win 10 in on aug 30th? Im not sure if windows did something as far as I know I didnt and I...