Windows 10: Right click on any file causing windows explorer to hung/ not responding mode.

Discus and support Right click on any file causing windows explorer to hung/ not responding mode. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi Whenever I right click on any files or folder, windows explorer just gets hung. at the end I get black screen. I ran disk fixing, then... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by PoonamGupta3, Sep 13, 2020.

1. Right click on any file causing windows explorer to hung/ not responding mode.

Hi

Whenever I right click on any files or folder, windows explorer just gets hung. at the end I get black screen.

I ran disk fixing, then sfc/scannow and then hardware diagnosis to check if there is a problem with a hardware. But at the end this problem is still persist.

Please help me with this problem, thanks in advance.

:)

PoonamGupta3, Sep 13, 2020
  2. Zaki_j Win User

File Explorer Not Responding

Hi JohnKivits1,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that the file explorer stops responding.

• Are you aware of any changes made to the PC recently?
    Method 1:

I suggest you download and run the Microsoft Fixit, which will
    automatically diagnose and repair problems with files and folders in Windows.

Automatically diagnose and repair Windows file and folder problems

Method 2: Start your PC in Safe Mode

Safe mode starts Windows in a basic state, using a limited set of files and drivers. If a problem doesn't happen in safe mode, this means that default settings and basic device drivers aren't causing the
    issue. To start your PC in Safe Mode, see the following article on the Microsoft website:
    Start your computer in safe mode

Method 3: Start your PC in a Clean Boot environment.

If a problem doesn't happen in safe mode, it’s very likely a startup item is causing the issue. Follow the steps found on the following article to perform a clean boot
    How to perform a clean boot in Windows

Note: Please refer the section Reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting
    to boot the computer in to normal mode after troubleshooting

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Zaki

Zaki_j, Sep 13, 2020
  3. File explorer not responding

Hi Sue,

After an update, your PC can sometimes cause software conflicts. We would like to know more about the File Explorer not responding. Please provide answers to the questions:

• Can you please tell us if this update was a regular security update or the Fall Creators update?
    • When you saw a dialog box, did you see a particular error message? If yes please send a screenshot.
    • Did you perform any troubleshooting steps to resolve the concern?

We'll wait for you response to our queries.

Robert Caw, Sep 13, 2020
  4. Right click on any file causing windows explorer to hung/ not responding mode.

File Explorer Not Responding

Hi,

I am following very clear instructions online in order to fix File Explorer Not Responding on my brand new computer. Instructions I am following are at this link: https://www.****/knowledge/windows-10-file-explorer-wont-open-solved/

I can get as far as Step 4 where I try to right click on Quick Access within the File Explorer but because it is Not Responding this action does not work and I have to close File Explorer.

Does anyone have suggestions for how to get around this when File Explorer is Not Responding?

Alternatively, should I consider storing larger files in a different drive of the computer?

A little background: I have had this computer that came loaded with Windows 10 for about 1 month. The File Explorer would not respond when I first started using it (transferring in new files), and again recently when I have tried saving several (large) design
    files from Illustrator. This may be the culprit for it's bogging down; either that or perhaps because I just deleted 1000's of emails off of gmail? My text display size is at 100%.

Thank you.

ps I am not very computer savvy so please dumb down your responses!

CarlieBall, Sep 13, 2020
Thema:

Right click on any file causing windows explorer to hung/ not responding mode.

1. Right click on any file causing windows explorer to hung/ not responding mode. - Similar Threads - Right click file

2. Right click on any file restarting the windows explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right click on any file restarting the windows explorer: The issue is when I right click on any files any type like excel/doc/pdf/txt…. windows explorer is resetting and the options menu is not popping up. Same right click is working fine for folders....
  3. Right click on any file restarting the windows explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Right click on any file restarting the windows explorer: The issue is when I right click on any files any type like excel/doc/pdf/txt…. windows explorer is resetting and the options menu is not popping up. Same right click is working fine for folders....
  4. Right click on any file restarting the windows explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. ASAP Right clicking/double clicking on files in file explorer makes it not responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ASAP Right clicking/double clicking on files in file explorer makes it not responding: Hello, ive got a question, i cant RIGHT CLICK or DOUBLE CLICK or anything on files in explorer, if i do it makes it not responding, and also the cmd/powershell "run as administrator" is cant be open, it was working a while ago, but suddenly i have this problem, PLEASE HELP ME...
  6. ASAP Right clicking/double clicking on files in file explorer makes it not responding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ASAP Right clicking/double clicking on files in file explorer makes it not responding: Hello, ive got a question, i cant RIGHT CLICK or DOUBLE CLICK or anything on files in explorer, if i do it makes it not responding, and also the cmd/powershell "run as administrator" is cant be open, it was working a while ago, but suddenly i have this problem, PLEASE HELP ME...
  7. ASAP Right clicking/double clicking on files in file explorer makes it not responding

8. Windows explorer doesn't respond if I click any file or do right click

Windows explorer doesn't respond if I click any file or do right click: Hi, Please help me with this my windows explorer doesnt respond if I left click or right click any file. I can't open anything as administrator. I tried doing system scan but it showed- "You must be an administrator running a console session in order to use the sfc...
  9. Right clicking certain files causes explorer to crash

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Right clicking certain files causes explorer to crash: This is what I see in the log. Description Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\explorer.exe Problem signature Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: explorer.exe Application Version: 10.0.18362.815 Application Timestamp: 51185cb4 Fault Module Name:...
  10. Right clicking files in Explorer causes Explorer to hang / not respond. Slow context menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Right clicking files in Explorer causes Explorer to hang / not respond. Slow context menu: About a week ago after i updated windows 10 for the first time in a while i've noticed that occasionally when i right click pictures, documents, etc. in windows explorer to open the context menu, explorer will freeze and ill have the blue spinny loading cursor for like 30...