Windows 10: right click on desktop screen shows only if mouse hovering but not like normal

Discus and support right click on desktop screen shows only if mouse hovering but not like normal in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; right click on desktop screen shows only if mouse hovering but not like normal... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by VENNYKENG, Oct 4, 2020.

1. VENNYKENG Win User

right click on desktop screen shows only if mouse hovering but not like normal

:)

VENNYKENG, Oct 4, 2020
  2. Mayra Aqu Win User

how to disable mouse hover on a windows 10 desktop

Hi David,

Windows has a feature where you can activate a window by hovering over it with a mouse. We would like to verify if you are referring to that kind of feature. If so, we can disable it using the steps below:

• Right-click on the Start menu.
    • Choose Control Panel then, click Ease of Access.
    • Click Change how your mouse works.
    • Look for Make it easier to manage windows then, uncheck the box beside the
      Activate a window by hovering it with the mouse.
    • Click Apply, then OK.

Don't hesitate to update us with the result.

Mayra Aqu, Oct 4, 2020
  3. Paola Gar Win User
    Distorted Mouse Hover in Windows 10

Hi,

To better assist you with your concern, we'd like to get the following information:

• Is the issue happening on all the browser you're trying to access?
    • Have you tried hovering your mouse on any desktop icon and check if you'll be having the same problem?
    • Is the issue only happening if you'll just hover your mouse on icons?

Looking forward to your response.

Paola Gar, Oct 4, 2020
  4. right click on desktop screen shows only if mouse hovering but not like normal

Windows 10 desktop icons too big

Hi Warren,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I can understand your concern. Let me assist you further on the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps and check if it helps.

• Right click on the desktop.
    • Hover the mouse on View.
    • Select Medium or Short as per your desire.
    • Check if it helps.

Please reply for further queries on this.

Arvind Ram, Oct 4, 2020
Thema:

1. right click on desktop screen shows only if mouse hovering but not like normal - Similar Threads - right click desktop

2. Cursor won't switch focus on left click and hover, only right click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cursor won't switch focus on left click and hover, only right click: My laptop is an Acer Aspire 5 A514-54-52UP running i5-1135G7 and Windows 10 22H2.For a view weeks, my laptop won't change focus to another window or to the taskbar-and-desktop if I left click or hover my cursor over the window, taskbar, or desktop.I have tried multiple...
  3. Cursor won't switch focus on left click and hover, only right click

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cursor won't switch focus on left click and hover, only right click: My laptop is an Acer Aspire 5 A514-54-52UP running i5-1135G7 and Windows 10 22H2.For a view weeks, my laptop won't change focus to another window or to the taskbar-and-desktop if I left click or hover my cursor over the window, taskbar, or desktop.I have tried multiple...
  4. Cursor won't switch focus on left click and hover, only right click

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Stop mouse hovering acting like a click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop mouse hovering acting like a click: As a person with disabilities, I find the fact that a miuse hovering acts as though I clicked the left button. I have turned off the hovering in settings snd I have increased the hover time. Neither of these removes the problem. I need a way to stop this problem completely!...
  6. Stop mouse hovering acting like a click

Stop mouse hovering acting like a click: As a person with disabilities, I find the fact that a miuse hovering acts as though I clicked the left button. I have turned off the hovering in settings snd I have increased the hover time. Neither of these removes the problem. I need a way to stop this problem completely!...
  7. Mouse Clicks and Hovering not registering.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse Clicks and Hovering not registering.: Don't really know how else to describe it, but ever since I played the Master Chief Collection on steam about an hour ago, my mouse has been basically nonfunctional. It would work on some windows, but almost all windows processes, including the Taskbar and desktop, nothing...
  8. Mouse left click acting like a right click

Mouse left click acting like a right click: Both my left and right click are acting like a right click. I have gone into mouse setting and made sure that the left button was selected as the primary button. I have reset the computer and I have checked for and installed updates and the problem still persists. What can I...
  9. Right click and mouse clicks not working on right 1/5th of screen

Right click and mouse clicks not working on right 1/5th of screen: [ATTACH] Issue: When I click the right 1/5th part of the screen, only a greyed out Copy box appears instead of the regular right click menu. if there are any windows in that section, the minimize, maximize, and close buttons cannot be clicked. I have to drag the window out...
  10. Looking for: Desktop Folder that shows contents on hover/click

Looking for: Desktop Folder that shows contents on hover/click: I had a program that did this Years. It allowed you to make a folder on the desktop, put anything in the folder you wanted, and instead of opening the folder, you could mouse over it like a right click context menu and have access to those files/shortcuts within the folder,...