Windows 10: Right click on desktop takes long to open

Discus and support Right click on desktop takes long to open in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; When i right click on my mouse to open the quick menu to create a file or map it takes 4 seconds to load. Any fix? submitted by /u/midsty [link]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/midsty, Sep 12, 2020.

1. /u/midsty Win User

Right click on desktop takes long to open

When i right click on my mouse to open the quick menu to create a file or map it takes 4 seconds to load. Any fix?

submitted by /u/midsty
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/midsty, Sep 12, 2020

2. Right Click on Desktop take long time to show up

This worked!! Thank you very much Right click on desktop takes long to open :) Right click on desktop takes long to open :)

Synaptics Control Panel
    seems to be the offending extension for me. Any downside for disabling it?

Right click on desktop takes long to open [​IMG]

Remian8985, Sep 12, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Right Click on Desktop Context Menu take a long time to show up

Thanks popeye
    Step 5 in that post will not work in Windows 10 so here's an update.
    Please download: ShellExView - Shell Extension Manager For Windows

1. This program does not require installation, just right click and run as Administrator
    2. From the menu, click on Options then click on Filter by Extension Type and select Context Menu Also put a check marks on the items as shown below.

Right click on desktop takes long to open [​IMG]

3. On the list are the Shell Extensions with pink background, installed by the third party programs
    4. Hold down SHIFT Key, click on first item & then on last item to select ALL then click on the red button on top left corner to disable all.
    5. CTRL+ALT+DELETE->Task Manager->File->Run New Task and type explorer->OK
    6. Now try to right click on desktop to see if it fixes your problem. If it does then start to enable one by one and repeat step 5 until the problem occurs again, that's the offending extension.

topgundcp, Sep 12, 2020
  4. Right click on desktop takes long to open

fllckering desktop

Hi Yvonne,

To resolve your issue with flickering desktop, we suggest that you update your display drivers with the steps listed below:

• Right-click Start, then select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters to find the name of your device.
    • Right-click the device and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow steps to update display drivers.

Update us on the result.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Sep 12, 2020
Thema:

Right click on desktop takes long to open

1. Right click on desktop takes long to open - Similar Threads - Right click desktop

2. Right click on Desktop takes long time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Right click on Desktop takes long time: For some reason when I use the RMB while in desktop it takes around 5 seconds to open and only in desktop... In games,Programs,etc.... it is smooth. Any way to fix that? submitted by /u/AhmedKiller2015 [link] [comments]...
  3. Desktop right click long delay, no Nvidia control panel

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop right click long delay, no Nvidia control panel: Windows 10 Nvidia Driver version 460.89 for the GeForce GTX 1060 Intel Core I7-8750H 16 GB ram MSI laptop Everything was working fine but I routinely do system restores every 2 years for my SSD health and file cleanup. I recently did system restore on my C drive. I have...
  4. Right Click takes long time to appear Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right Click takes long time to appear Windows 10: Hello, I'm facing a problem regarding my laptop's right click menu. It takes a long time for the menu to appear when i use my right click about 30-60 seconds. It is very frustrating as it makes the cursor unable to use on the desktop while it is loading. I...
  5. long loding time with right mouse click on desktop

long loding time with right mouse click on desktop: hi it takes just under 2 minutes for the right clicked menu to load on the desktop during which i can't interact with anything on the desktop but i can use the rest of the computer. ex: can't do: right click -> personalization can do: start -> settings ->...
  6. Right Click On Image Takes Long To Load

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Right Click On Image Takes Long To Load: Hi everyone, I've been experiencing this problem for a while now which is as stated in the title. Whenever I right click on an image file (jpg, png, bmp) it takes like a minute to load. The cursor turns into the loading icon but I can still use other softwares or apps like...
  7. right-click on desktop

right-click on desktop: Hey, lately whenever I right-click on the desktop (to create a folder, document, etc.), the menu does not opened, and the system gets stuck for a few minutes. The blue circle continues to rotate for 40-50 minutes after a click, and then the menu opened. Is there a...
  8. Right Click > New list, taking too long to appear.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Right Click > New list, taking too long to appear.: When I right-click any where, then hover mouse over New, it takes some time to view the list. I've tried lots of solutions but nothing works....
  9. Right Click on Desktop Context Menu take a long time to show up

in Windows 10 Support
    Right Click on Desktop Context Menu take a long time to show up: Hello everyone, I have a strange problem where my PC would idle and take a long time for the Contextual Menu to show up when I Right Click on a blank space on the Desktop. It literally take about 10 - 15 seconds for the Menu to show up. After that it is fast again. Then...
  10. Windows Explorer Right-Click Takes a Long Time to Display Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Explorer Right-Click Takes a Long Time to Display Menu: Hi, For reasons I am unaware of, my previously-bulletproof Windows 10 Pro has developed an annoying problem. When I right-click a file in the right-hand pane of Explorer, the context menu can take in excess of 30 seconds to appear. Generally, this happens only the first...