Windows 10: Right click on drive letter crashes file explorer after Windows 10 1903 Update

Discus and support Right click on drive letter crashes file explorer after Windows 10 1903 Update in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I had a machine I have not started in a while because I mainly use it for photo editing. I started it up last week and I saw it had updates. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by OpusOne96, Jul 7, 2019.

1. OpusOne96 Win User

Right click on drive letter crashes file explorer after Windows 10 1903 Update

I had a machine I have not started in a while because I mainly use it for photo editing.

I started it up last week and I saw it had updates. I applied all the updates including 1903. It did not indicate any errors when installing the updates.

I wanted to move some files over to a drive to edit. I went to move the files and received the warning that there was not enough disk space.

Fair enough, I opened up File Explorer and want to see how much space was left on the drive so I went to right click on the drive letter. There was a pause and then file explorer crashed. There are obviously work arounds to get the information, however, it looks like right clicking on the drive letter seems to be completely broken.

Is there a fix or work around for this issue?

The first time I tried it I saw that it had a message saying that a crash had occurred and information was being sent to Microsoft. Other times it seems to just crash.

:)

OpusOne96, Jul 7, 2019
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 7, 2019
  3. JBOWIE62 Win User
    File Explorer- no drive letters are listed.

Original Title: File Explorer

I am trying to open File Explorer with my drives listed on the right. I only have the files in the first column and no drive letters are listed.

JBOWIE62, Jul 7, 2019
  4. Right click on drive letter crashes file explorer after Windows 10 1903 Update

File Explorer- no drive letters are listed.

The File Explorer in Windows 10, shows the Frequent folders list and Recent files list by default. You can view the drives by clicking on This PC tab on the left site of the File Explorer. But if you wish the File Explorer
    to open This PC showing drives list by default, then follow these steps:

1. In Windows 10, open a new File Explorer window and click the View tab from the ribbon toolbar.

2. In the View tab, find and click on Options, listed by default on the far right side of the ribbon.

3. In the Folder Options window, make sure you’re on the General tab and then find the drop-down box labeled Open File Explorer To. Click the drop-down menu and select This PC. Click OK to
    save your changes and close the window. Now your File Explorer opens to Drives list by default.

Hope this helps!

JohnCalton, Jul 7, 2019
Thema:

Right click on drive letter crashes file explorer after Windows 10 1903 Update

1. Right click on drive letter crashes file explorer after Windows 10 1903 Update - Similar Threads - Right click drive

2. File Explorer Crashed On Right-Click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Crashed On Right-Click: Every time I try to open the context menu, my File Explorer crashes. I can open the legacy context menu using Shift+Right-Click through. My Windows have been fine, but the problem suddenly appeared, not after I installed some programs or update WindowsI had- Followed this...
  3. File Explorer Crashed On Right-Click

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Explorer Crashed On Right-Click: Every time I try to open the context menu, my File Explorer crashes. I can open the legacy context menu using Shift+Right-Click through. My Windows have been fine, but the problem suddenly appeared, not after I installed some programs or update WindowsI had- Followed this...
  4. file Explorer on right click crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    file Explorer on right click crashing: When I right click explorer automatically restart and I cannot delete files, creating folders and much more and I don't know how to repair it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-on-right-click-crashing/5043c183-2eb0-4734-a753-ca7b47ccb6f9
  5. file Explorer on right click crashing

file Explorer on right click crashing: When I right click explorer automatically restart and I cannot delete files, creating folders and much more and I don't know how to repair it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-on-right-click-crashing/5043c183-2eb0-4734-a753-ca7b47ccb6f9
  6. File explorer crashes on right click on file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer crashes on right click on file: It crashes immediately if the machine has been up for a while/other programs open. If freshly rebooted, right click goes into hourglass for many minutes, may never stop. Suggestions??...
  7. File explorer crashes when right clicking on a drive in explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File explorer crashes when right clicking on a drive in explorer: I'm trying to format a USB drive but whenever I right click on it in explorer, file explorer crashes. Any tips on how to fix this? submitted by /u/barkafas2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kf1qtn/file_explorer_crashes_when_right_clicking_on_a/
  8. Right clicking files crashes File Explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Right clicking files crashes File Explorer: The screen would stop for a second, go black, then reset itself as if nothing actually happened. This only affects my image files. I tried ShellExView and disabling any third-party context menus, but that didn't work. I tried Autoruns, but I couldn't find anything that's...
  9. File Explorer crashes after Right Click in Desktop

File Explorer crashes after Right Click in Desktop: Hello everyone! I'm loving the new Windows 10! But this problem is really bugging me. Whenever I right-click a file anywhere on the Desktop, the File Explorer crashes briefly and then comes right back up. This does not happen anywhere else, only on the Desktop. I...
  10. File Explorer - Right click and crashing

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer - Right click and crashing: Hello Please see my You Tube Demo video - when I right click on a file within File Explorer on Windows 10 it crashes; here is a video demo of the crash - as you can see the Bar down the bottom is disappearing Please can anyone suggest a fix. demo - YouTube 82170

Users found this page by searching for:

1. file explorer keeps crashing windows 10 1903

2. file explorer crashes when right click on drive

3. uppdatering 1903 intel prosessor

4. right click crashes win 10