Windows 10: Right Click on File Explorer Icon Pinned to Taskbar does not show pinned or recent folders

Discus and support Right Click on File Explorer Icon Pinned to Taskbar does not show pinned or recent folders in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently upgraded from a Windows 7 computer to Windows 10 pro build 10.0.19042. I notice that that the newer computer running Windows 10 does not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Ken1011, Sep 17, 2021.

1. Ken1011 Win User

Right Click on File Explorer Icon Pinned to Taskbar does not show pinned or recent folders

I recently upgraded from a Windows 7 computer to Windows 10 pro build 10.0.19042. I notice that that the newer computer running Windows 10 does not display recent folders when I right click on a file folder icon Windows Explorer Icon pinned to the taskbar. I have tried pinning folders I often use to the taskbar, but nothing happens.Similarly, the Quick Access feature only shows recent files, never recent folders and l can't pin folders to quick access. When I try to pin a folder to quick access I receive a disc read error message, yet the folder works perfectly and my backups complete

:)

Ken1011, Sep 17, 2021

2. Can't pin any folder to Quick access in file explorer

This fixed Quick Access for me too and I can now pin folders to Quick Access without the "The parameter is incorrect" error. This fix also brought the "Locked" category with the Quick Access folders to the right click menu of the taskbar icon for File Explorer.
    Before this fix I had nothing but "File Explorer", "Unpin from taskbar" and "Close window" showing when right clicking on the taskbar icon. I'm currently missing the "Recent files" category and the ability to pin files or folders to the taskbar. When trying
    to pin a file to the taskbar it only shows up in the Quick Access folder.

DevilsSnare, Sep 17, 2021
  3. Bree Win User
    Pinning To File Explorer

I can confirm that in 1903 I can click and drag a folder and pin it to File Explorer on the taskbar. I can also confirm that the pinned folders on the taskbar are the same ones show in Quick Access in File Explorer, and that pinning a new one to the taskbar adds it to Quick Access.

It may be that your File Explorer jump list is corrupted. This can happen occasionally and have similar odd effects to those you describe. If so, you can delete the jump list and start again with an empty list. To do so, delete the file:

%appdata%\microsoft\windows\recent\automaticdestinations\f01b4d95cf55d32a.automaticDestinations-ms

To clear the jump lists for all apps, not just the one for File Explorer, see this tutorial.

Clear File Explorer History in Windows 10

4. Summer203 Win User

Right Click on File Explorer Icon Pinned to Taskbar does not show pinned or recent folders

File Explorer in Win 10 taskbar not showing Recent folders

When I right-click Word or Excel in my Windows 10 taskbar, a list of recent folders appears. But when I right-click File Explorer, only Pinned and Frequent folders appear. Neither of these is as useful to me as the Recent folders. Any suggestions on how
    I can get Recent folders to appear?

Thank you.

Summer203, Sep 17, 2021
Thema:

1. Right Click on File Explorer Icon Pinned to Taskbar does not show pinned or recent folders - Similar Threads - Right Click File

2. Recent files showing as pinned

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Recent files showing as pinned: Windows 11 file explorer is marking ALL my files as pinned by showing a pin, even if they are only recent files that I have not pinned. Right click does not even let me unpin them as they are not really pinned, just showing with pins. So I can't distinguish pinned from recent...
  3. Pin Folder to List Above after right-click to Already Pinned Folder in Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Pin Folder to List Above after right-click to Already Pinned Folder in Taskbar: Hello,Hopefully this is a simple and quick question. I've already got the Explorer app pinned to the Taskbar. When I right-click on the pinned Explorer icon in the Taksbar a list of other pinned folders appear. I want to add another folder to that list. See the attached...
  4. Pin Folder to List Above after right-click to Already Pinned Folder in Taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pin Folder to List Above after right-click to Already Pinned Folder in Taskbar: Hello,Hopefully this is a simple and quick question. I've already got the Explorer app pinned to the Taskbar. When I right-click on the pinned Explorer icon in the Taksbar a list of other pinned folders appear. I want to add another folder to that list. See the attached...
  5. Pin Folder to List Above after right-click to Already Pinned Folder in Taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Pin taskbar icons on the right side?

in Windows 10 Support
    Pin taskbar icons on the right side?: Just curious...Is there a way to pin taskbar icons so they justify to the right side? 182815
  7. Clicking on pinned folder in taskbar opens new file explorer

Clicking on pinned folder in taskbar opens new file explorer: Hey guys, This has been annoying me from quite some time and I can't help but think how the hell such a low number of people have complained about this issue. I followed multiple guides to pinning specific folders to taskbar which involve place "explorer" before the shortcut...
  8. Clicking on pinned folder in taskbar opens new file explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Clicking on pinned folder in taskbar opens new file explorer: Hey guys, This has been annoying me from quite some time and I can't help but think how the hell such a low number of people have complained about this issue. I followed multiple guides to pinning specific folders to taskbar which involve place "explorer" before the shortcut...
  9. Pinned folders not showing in taskbar right click menu

Pinned folders not showing in taskbar right click menu: I've tried to pin multiple folders that I frequently use to the file explorer icon on the taskbar, but it will only show a max of 4 pinned items. [ATTACH]...
  10. Taskbar > File Explorer > Right Click > Pinned > Not Opening with any

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar > File Explorer > Right Click > Pinned > Not Opening with any: The Problem. Taskbar > File Explorer > Right Click > Pinned > Documents , Desktop or Anything on the drop down list Not Opening with any Double Click or Right Click > Open Click . . .On 1 of my PC's (main One) , Works OK on the Others. I believe they are all setup the same....