Windows 10: Right Click on Folders, File, Shortcut Issue

Discus and support Right Click on Folders, File, Shortcut Issue in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I have noticed a problem recently with my PC. Sometimes, when I right click on a folder, file or shortcut, I'm met with an extremely long load... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RhysCad, Mar 16, 2020.

1. RhysCad Win User

Right Click on Folders, File, Shortcut Issue

Hi,

I have noticed a problem recently with my PC.

Sometimes, when I right click on a folder, file or shortcut, I'm met with an extremely long load time blue spinning wheel.

If I'm within File explorer and this happens, I can restart the process via task manager. This stops the loading, but doesn't eliminate the issue.

If this happens on my desktop, I have to wait out the loading.

Not really sure whats caused this or how to fix it.

I've tried a couple of different methods and nothing seems to work.

Whats strange is that I am still able to navigate around file explorer extremely fast.

Right clicking and waiting for the menu is the issue.

Any thoughts?

:)

RhysCad, Mar 16, 2020
  2. terrace Win User

Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.Right Click on Folders, File, Shortcut Issue :)

terrace, Mar 16, 2020
  3. oemSoft Win User
    How to add shortcut into start?

Can you read their instruction? that is not clear at all.

Under %AppData%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs, it only shows Folders : Maintnance, Windows Powershell, Windows System, Windows System Tools ... Start up.
    There is no a list of program shortcuts and subfolders. I cannot follow their instruction, if you understand, could you please show your steps?

Do you have any suggestions?

Thank you very much for any suggestions (^v^)

"Opening that folder should display a list of program shortcuts and subfolders. In this example, we want to add all the new shortcuts into a subfolder called Settings, so right-click any empty space in the File Explorer window, click New
    > Folder, name that folder Settings, and open the newly created, empty folder.

The rest of the process is straightforward. Right-click and choose New > Shortcut. Enter the full path of the executable file or ms-settings shortcut you want to add (as in the example shown here), click Next, and then enter a name for the shortcut.

Repeat this process for any other shortcuts you want to add. All your custom shortcuts should appear in the Programs list, where they're one right-click away from being pinned as a tile."

oemSoft, Mar 16, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

How can i make File Explorer list shortcuts to folders with the folders?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand that when you sort the files by Name in a folder the shortcut to folder goes at the bottom of the list. We would like to inform that this is by design and when you sort the files by
    Name the shortcut folder goes at the bottom of the list.

However, we always appreciate our customer’s feedback. We would suggest you to post your feedback and suggestions in
    Microsoft Feedback Hub. The Microsoft
    Feedback Hub let’s you tell Microsoft about any issues or suggestions, which will help us improve the Windows experience.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Mar 16, 2020
Thema:

1. Right Click on Folders, File, Shortcut Issue - Similar Threads - Right Click Folders

2. Icon File , folder, shortcuts & application right click - system not responding

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Icon File , folder, shortcuts & application right click - system not responding: Hi we are using Windows server 2012 R2 as a terminal server. now we are facing the issue of right click issue. some times system suddenly not responding the right clicks and shows system busy symbol. on that time user cant sign out and sign in. also shows 'windows event...
  3. Icon File , folder, shortcuts & application right click - system not responding

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Icon File , folder, shortcuts & application right click - system not responding: Hi we are using Windows server 2012 R2 as a terminal server. now we are facing the issue of right click issue. some times system suddenly not responding the right clicks and shows system busy symbol. on that time user cant sign out and sign in. also shows 'windows event...
  4. Drop-down list after right-clicking on folders/shortcuts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drop-down list after right-clicking on folders/shortcuts: Dear all:I have a specific question regarding the File Explorer. I have Win 8.1.By twice left-clicking on shortcuts and folders, one should by default be able to open the relevant folders; since a few months, this is not the case in my PC. By twice left clicking, I obtain the...
  5. Right click on the folder in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Right click on the folder in File Explorer: Right click on any folder on right screen or large icon or horizontal lists is fine.But every time I right click on any folder on the left screen or small icon or vertical lists , the file explorer crashes and closes.This problem occurred last a or two week ago.Any idea?...
  6. Right click on the folder in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right click on the folder in File Explorer: Right click on any folder on right screen or large icon or horizontal lists is fine.But every time I right click on any folder on the left screen or small icon or vertical lists , the file explorer crashes and closes.This problem occurred last a or two week ago.Any idea?...
  7. Right click on the folder in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. right click problem with folders and files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    right click problem with folders and files: Hi, I've had this problem for a few months and I just can't find a way to fix it. Every time I right click on a folder or file my screen kind of resets (I don't really know how to explain it but I made a video to show it: https://youtu.be/QYEPMEoBVhA) It doesn't happen if I...
  9. Right clicking on folders...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Right clicking on folders...: ...and icons takes unreasonable long time to open - what could be the reason? 38237
  10. right clicking and launching shortcuts issue

in Windows 10 Support
    right clicking and launching shortcuts issue: Hello everyone! One of my window 10 machine has issues with launching shortcuts (it goes straight to properties) and right clicking the desktop/tray/taskbar doesn't nothing. Thanks ahead for troubleshooting and helping me out. 27326