Windows 10: Right click on icon, then black

Discus and support Right click on icon, then black in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Please can You help me with this problem, it happens on some files, and I cant do anything (bouht laptop 2 weeks ago) Here is YT link with recorded... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by aleksicbre, Oct 15, 2016.

1. Right click on icon, then black

Please can You help me with this problem, it happens on some files, and I cant do anything (bouht laptop 2 weeks ago)

Here is YT link with recorded problem : Win 10 right click problem - YouTube

Thanks in advance!

:)

aleksicbre, Oct 15, 2016
  2. KMcT363 Win User

Right click and then 'Share With' then 'Stop Sharing' -- does nothing (windows 10)?

I simply wanted to share my pictures and documents folders to my home network. Home group is hopeless, it does nothing. I did right click on those two folders, advanced sharing, then added 'Everyone'. Now, the entire Users directory is shared on the network,
    with full permissions. (Though I don't recall asking for full read-write-delete permissions, and I only asked for those folders under my username, not the entire Users folder!) I can access it from my wife's PC -- and delete files.

How can I simply share the Pictures and Documents folder with my wife's PC?? Say, read-only. Why is this so hard? Am I an idiot?

Why does 'Stop Sharing' seem to do nothing when you click it?? Shouldn't there be some notification of some kind that it's doing something?

This is Windows 1607 / 14393.10

KMcT363, Oct 15, 2016
  3. taskbar missing windows 10

Right click on black bar where taskbar should be - click on show app icons - and voila.

ColetteCoen, Oct 15, 2016
  4. Right click on icon, then black

cottonball, Oct 15, 2016
  5. aleksicbre, Oct 15, 2016
  6. Hi, @aleksicbre:

Please stay with @cottonball for further help on this...*Smile

But, if I may, I have a question or two.
    It sounds from your post that this computer might be a used or refurbished machine.
    (The reason I mention this is that your specs say it's an older Pentium processor, but your post says that you just recently bought this laptop running Windows 10....)

If it is a used or refurbished system, is Windows properly activated and fully updated ("patched")?
    When you type "winver" (without the quotes) into the search box in the lower left of your display, what does the resulting dialog window tell you? (A screen shot might be helpful.)

<Just a thought>

MM

MoxieMomma, Oct 15, 2016
  7. Hi, thanks for reply. This is laptop, i bought new ( Gigatron - ASUS X540SA-XX018T - Laptop računari / Laptopovi / Notebook računari - Laptop računari )

And this is creenshot: Screenshot

aleksicbre, Oct 15, 2016
  8. Right click on icon, then black

@MoxieMomma,

Thanks for your query. We need to make sure there are no other circumstances involved... *Smile

@aleksicbre,

When you run ShellExView, click on Options, then click on:
    1. Hide All Microsoft Extensions

2. Filter by Extension Type
    Select Context Menu from the list that appears.

On ShellExView, do you see any entries where Type shows Context Menu?

Post back on how many, and we will press on.
    Thanks.

cottonball, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Right click on icon, then black

1. Right click on icon, then black - Similar Threads - Right click icon

2. Cannot right-click taskbar icons.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot right-click taskbar icons.: Hi,As per title, I cannot right click my taskbar icons. I can right click start, or the taskbar itself, but not the icons.I cannot perform system restore as there are no restore points before today when the error presented. I have tried restarts, restarting windows explorer,...
  3. Cannot right-click taskbar icons.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot right-click taskbar icons.: Hi,As per title, I cannot right click my taskbar icons. I can right click start, or the taskbar itself, but not the icons.I cannot perform system restore as there are no restore points before today when the error presented. I have tried restarts, restarting windows explorer,...
  4. Right Clicking This PC icon

in Windows 10 Support
    Right Clicking This PC icon: So I just upgraded to Windows 10 20H2. Now when I right click on This PC icon it goes to About. Why the hell did Microsoft do this? Every since Windows 95 25 years it has always went to system. Now Microsoft has to change it? Why did they change it? Is my Imagination or is it...
  5. Right click on taskbar icons not working

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Right click on taskbar icons not working: After windows 2004 update and some other updates right click on taskbar icons not working. I tried several solutions with powershell or with repair install but no luck. I am trying to avoid clean install, I think that the problem is coming with some cumulative. Any solution...
  6. Cant right click taskbar icons

Cant right click taskbar icons: I cannot Right click on my open programs from my taskbar. I also cant left click on my speaker icon to switch sound devicesspeakers to headset. But i can right click to open the settings and all that on the speaker icon. And right click works on all the open programs. This...
  7. Desktop icons and right click

Desktop icons and right click: I can not find my desktop icons nor can I right click on my desktop this is what my desktop looks like[IMG] this is what I want it too look like how do I fix this? thank you [ATTACH]...
  8. Can't click on icons and right click

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't click on icons and right click: I had my whole PC full and games started to lag I did a reset I starting downloading chrome and steam and suddenly I couldn't click on my desktop I don't know what happend I tried restarting windows explorer and doing other things submitted by /u/Deluxxxe5719 [link]...
  9. Recent List on right clicking icon

Recent List on right clicking icon: I have seen a lot of people asking similar questions but in all the reply I have not seen a solution to my issue. When I right click in any applications icon (Word, Excel< etc..) it does not show recently opened files like it was before. I do have the toggle for that option...
  10. Right Click turns the Screen Black!!!!

in Windows 10 Support
    Right Click turns the Screen Black!!!!: I'm running Windows 10 64-bit and whenever i right click on desktop the screen turns black. Check out video for more details(The video is in windows 8.1 but the problem is the same and still persists). Please help me! Thanks in advance. M1V4gEqbYmU 23088

Users found this page by searching for:

1. right click on files then black out