Windows 10: right click on taskbar shows no options

Discus and support right click on taskbar shows no options in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; i usually open task manager from the task bar by right clicking on it , now i have no options 96029 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tipstet56, Oct 20, 2017.

1. tipstet56 Win User

right click on taskbar shows no options

i usually open task manager from the task bar by right clicking on it , now i have no options

:)

tipstet56, Oct 20, 2017
  2. DrSCS Win User

When I right click the taskbar an option to show language toolbar does not show

All help sites ask me to right click the taskbar and choose the option for showing the language toolbar. Some say that an option for advanced toolbars will show. However, when I right click the taskbar no such options show. How do I bring the language
    icon back on the taskbar?

DrSCS, Oct 20, 2017
  3. right click shows wrong options

Well for now the problem somehow fixed itself.

I was aware edge only shows 3 options generally when right clicking on anything anywhere in edge.

Usually inspect element, show source and i think the last one is select all, depending on the circumstances.

I tried simple things like rebooting, checking for changes in the registry (found none, as its super rare that i end up fiddling around in there), and finally reversing mouse buttons primairy functions and back again.

That last one seemed to have helped, though its still guesswork.

Furthermore i checked for recently installed programs, but most of that was 1 or 2 games using steam with no additional software being installed.

The only thing i can think off is either a website i had open/visited had odd settings or an ad that caused weird settings.

(like context alterations if you want to use the right mouse button)

As thats how it started, visited a site i regurarly visit, and i couldnt alter a message i had posted or quote it, the buttons simply didnt work which is and was unusual.

It was after that i tried to, purely randomly, copy and paste a link from an email (hence the windows mail example i used), the copying worked just fine, but the pasting wouldnt work.

Or only once and somehow just not twice in a row if i used it in google search, very weird.

Anyway long story short, it works again, though it remains a mystery somewhat.

GerbenS_1980, Oct 20, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Oct 20, 2017
  5. meebers Win User
    On mine, you right click on the task manager icon in the task bar, then left click on "Task Manager" BUT seems much easier to just left click on the icon instead. Have you tried to re-pin it there yet?

meebers, Oct 20, 2017
  6. tipstet56 Win User
    I will try that and get back to you in a couple hours

Sent from my LG-M150 using Ten Forums mobile app

tipstet56, Oct 20, 2017
  7. tipstet56 Win User
    Solved thanx

tipstet56, Oct 20, 2017
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

I'm glad we were able to help. *Smile

Brink, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. right click on taskbar shows no options - Similar Threads - right click taskbar

2. Right-click context menu "Show more options"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right-click context menu "Show more options": It would be better if you provide an option to make "Show more options" as default on right-click context menu. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-context-menu-show-more-options/8a37dd42-198e-4a95-9666-d122afeb1846
  3. Right click options.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right click options.: New Windows 11...MS Edge.When right clicking a file/Programme the options list is short but offers 'Show more options'.How do I get the full list first time with the right click....as in Windows 10?Please?...
  4. Right click options.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right click options.: New Windows 11...MS Edge.When right clicking a file/Programme the options list is short but offers 'Show more options'.How do I get the full list first time with the right click....as in Windows 10?Please?...
  5. Right Click Option

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right Click Option: Is there a way i can customize my right click option like add or remove app option. i want to remove github option on my right click. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-option/c2573dd3-515e-495a-ba90-969c18c20da0
  6. Calendar and right click options not showing up

Calendar and right click options not showing up: Hello I have a problem with calendar, Action Center, and right clicking icons on taskbar doesn't work. Nothing shows up, how do I solve this?...
  7. Right-click context menu not showing all the options

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Right-click context menu not showing all the options: [ATTACH] I am trying to add a new .txt file to edit but there is no option. if I go to my file explorer and right-click and in the new tab there not a lot of options and not nay that i am familiar with other then the shortcut...
  8. Taskbar right-click does not show cascade windows option

Taskbar right-click does not show cascade windows option: Dell laptop. I cannot cascade application windows after some update that was recently run. I've spent the last hour reading forums and trying to troubleshoot. As best I can tell I need to set / enable cascade windows. But when I try to follow the steps of "right-click on...
  9. Right click options show up, but no longer function

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Right click options show up, but no longer function: After a forced update was pushed out recently, I've discovered that when I right click Firefox, for example, and select a task from it (new tab, private tab, go to a favorite - whatever) it accepts the command and then does absolutely nothing. This worked just fine prior to...
  10. Right click on taskbar no longer shows properties option

in Windows 10 Support
    Right click on taskbar no longer shows properties option: ...therefore I am no longer able to auto hide the task bar ot change any of the other config options via that menu option. I have turned tablet mode on and off as advised in this thread Does anyone have any suggestions? .... I see someone else reported this problem as...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. right click ontaskbar firefox does not show all options

2. right click taskbar shows options

3. change right click options for programs on taskbar

4. right click taskbar does not show toolbar option