Windows 10: right click on volume icon on task bar not working right

Discus and support right click on volume icon on task bar not working right in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi - last few days, when i right click on volume, only the volume mixer is working, playback devices, sound, recording devices all don't work..when i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jaiku12, Feb 17, 2019.

1. jaiku12 Win User

right click on volume icon on task bar not working right

Hi - last few days, when i right click on volume, only the volume mixer is working, playback devices, sound, recording devices all don't work..when i tried to access device manager, getting message - Unable to create new document!! what is going on??

thanks for the help

:)

jaiku12, Feb 17, 2019

2. Volume icon on task bar not functioning right

The volume icon on my task bar has been acting up lately, and I'm not sure why. I can't left click on it like usual to adjust volume. Only right clicking works, but it's more of a hassle. The other icons on my task bar work fine with left clicks. It's only
    the volume icon. My mouse works fine too. Any ideas?

***Moved to the appropriate forum category by moderator.***

CliffGilbert22, Feb 17, 2019
  3. Xylee Del Win User
    battery icon on task bar

Hi Pete,

Windows 10 has a feature to personalize your task bar icons. To retrieve the missing battery icon on your taskbar, kindly follow the steps below:

• Right click on the taskbar and select Settings.
    • Under Notification Area, click Turn system icons on or off.
    • Look for Power and toggle Power to On. Your battery icon should appear in the system tray again.

Let us know if this worked.

Xylee Del, Feb 17, 2019
  4. right click on volume icon on task bar not working right

The Volume icon in my task bar does not work.

I have to agree with this user. This same problem occurred right after the most recent update. Since then clicking on the volume icon on the task bar does nothing! I have to use the keyboard control to adjust the volume. My question is for Microsoft: When
    are you going to fix the problem? I need to be able to right click the icon to access the volume mixer. This is more than an inconvenience! please address the issue!!!!!!!!!

SteveCook3, Feb 17, 2019
Thema:

right click on volume icon on task bar not working right

1. right click on volume icon on task bar not working right - Similar Threads - right click volume

2. Right-click over volume icon no longer working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right-click over volume icon no longer working.: Hello!I like to have my volume mixer open when I use my laptop, but the right-click function isn't working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-over-volume-icon-no-longer-working/a7da2c21-e490-4bab-bdad-ccd8df4510af
  3. Right-click over volume icon no longer working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right-click over volume icon no longer working.: Hello!I like to have my volume mixer open when I use my laptop, but the right-click function isn't working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-over-volume-icon-no-longer-working/a7da2c21-e490-4bab-bdad-ccd8df4510af
  4. Right-click over volume icon no longer working.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Can't right click in task bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't right click in task bar: To start, I have:Windows 10 ProVersion: 20H2Build: 19042.1165Issue: I can't right click any icon in the task bar. Additionally, when I hover over an icon in the task bar the active windows show, but then they won't go away, even after I click on one of them to bring that...
  6. after recent update, cannot right click on icons on task bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    after recent update, cannot right click on icons on task bar: After recent update, cannot right click on icons on task bar. Nothing happens when right click on a task bar icon. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-recent-update-cannot-right-click-on-icons-on/b2ea60cc-8623-4acf-b9be-4b92ff5ada32
  7. Right click on Task Bar Icons not working(Several machines)5-2021

in Windows 10 Support
    Right click on Task Bar Icons not working(Several machines)5-2021: The system and others...On windows 10 systems such as my own build 20H2 (19042.985) and some of my clients Good day folks, the problem is that you can right click and get the contextual menu to select say task bar etc, but if you have a icon that has been pinned such as a...
  8. task bar right bottom is not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    task bar right bottom is not working: in task bar right bottom no icon is working as well as in settings also https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/task-bar-right-bottom-is-not-working/11d9fdf2-eddc-48ab-94a0-5a9474bd351e
  9. Left-Click and right-click not work after right-click on File Explorer (in task bar)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Left-Click and right-click not work after right-click on File Explorer (in task bar): when I right-click on file explorer to try to open frequent or pinned folder, left-click or right-click on folder name are resulting in nothing happen but I can still pin or unpin folder normally....
  10. icons on the right of the task bar not working

in Windows 10 Support
    icons on the right of the task bar not working: hi, i have run into a small issue were the icons on the taskbar such as, wifi, battery, sound, and action center will not do anything when clicked, when i click the time it wont open the calendar, if i right click sound and battery i can open it that way but when i right...