Windows 10: Right-Click on Windows Banner Does Nothing

Discus and support Right-Click on Windows Banner Does Nothing in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi Friends, I'm a newbie looking for a really simple answer: Why does right-clicking on my Windows 10 banner (lower-left corner) do nothing, when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jtphenom, Nov 20, 2017.

1. jtphenom Win User

Right-Click on Windows Banner Does Nothing

Hi Friends,

I'm a newbie looking for a really simple answer: Why does right-clicking on my Windows 10 banner (lower-left corner) do nothing, when right-clicking on my other install brings up a menu? I'm sure it's probably a simple tweak.. but I don't know where to go..

Thank you!

:)

jtphenom, Nov 20, 2017
  2. theking2 Win User

Right mouse click --> Pin to start does nothing

thanks!

none of your steps helped.

how do I add .exe files to the start menus from explorer?

theking2, Nov 20, 2017
  3. theking2 Win User
    Right mouse click --> Pin to start does nothing

Right click on on .exe file and Pin to start does nothing

Steps to reproduce

1. Right click on .exe file

2. select Pin to Start from menu

Expected behaviour: a tile is created on the Start menu

Actuall behaviour: nothing happens.

As I don't believe in anti-virus software no anti-virus was installed.

theking2, Nov 20, 2017
  4. jtphenom Win User

Sorry.. I was in a rush and should clarify. I have two computers that have Win 10. Right-clicking the banner on the one computer brings up that menu, but it doesn't work on the other computer.

jtphenom, Nov 20, 2017
  5. f14tomcat Win User
    Does Win+X work?

f14tomcat, Nov 20, 2017
  6. jtphenom Win User
    Nope

jtphenom, Nov 20, 2017
  7. f14tomcat Win User
    Any 3rd party shell program running, like Classic Shell?

f14tomcat, Nov 20, 2017
  8. jtphenom Win User

I'm sorry, but I don't know the answer to that.

jtphenom, Nov 20, 2017
  9. f14tomcat Win User
    Hold the shift key and right-click the banner. Tell me what happens.

f14tomcat, Nov 20, 2017
  10. jtphenom Win User
    Nothing happens.

jtphenom, Nov 20, 2017
  11. f14tomcat Win User
    Then you don't have Classic Shell or something like it. Did this just start happening? Are both machines running the same version of Windows? To see the version, hold the WIN key and press R, type WINVER and enter.

f14tomcat, Nov 20, 2017
  12. jtphenom Win User
    Brand new install today. Has not worked since I installed. Both are Enterprise.

jtphenom, Nov 20, 2017
  13. f14tomcat Win User

Not very familiar with Enterprise at all, but if they are both clean installs today, something small may have gone awry in the one not working. Might be something minor. You could check for any corruption in the component store by running SFC /SCANNOW at an admin command prompt to rule that out. Would take about 10 minutes.

f14tomcat, Nov 20, 2017
  14. jtphenom Win User
    Hey I figured out why it wasn't opening. For some reason there was no WinX folder in my %localappdata%\Microsoft\Windows folder. I copied it over from another profile and now it's working. Thanks all!

jtphenom, Nov 20, 2017
  15. f14tomcat Win User
    All the shortcuts and stuff! You found the missing pieces! *Thumbs Good job!

f14tomcat, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Right-Click on Windows Banner Does Nothing - Similar Threads - Right Click Banner

2. Clicking search does nothing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Clicking search does nothing: When I click on the search box beside start menu it does not do anything at all. It happens suddenly since it is working last week. It is the first time I turn on the computer this week and I noticed that the search box is not working. I check if there is any pending updates...
  3. Clicking search does nothing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clicking search does nothing: When I click on the search box beside start menu it does not do anything at all. It happens suddenly since it is working last week. It is the first time I turn on the computer this week and I noticed that the search box is not working. I check if there is any pending updates...
  4. Clicking search does nothing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. For some apps, taskbar right-click menu does nothing

For some apps, taskbar right-click menu does nothing: I'm not sure when this issue appeared, but it's been happening for at least a month. I hoped it would just go away on its own, but it hasn't and I can't find anyone else online with exactly the same issue, so I guess I'll post here. The bug is this: when I right-click on...
  6. Clicking a Notification Does Nothing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Clicking a Notification Does Nothing: Both clicking the notification pop-up and clicking the notification in the Action Centre does nothing. I have Windows 10 Home version 10.0.19041. After Googling I found multiple suggestions ranging from elaborate fixes by messing with the registry or completely reinstalling...
  7. Right-Click Properties on an item does nothing?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Right-Click Properties on an item does nothing?: Hey all, I just ran into this issue today out of nowhere. When I right click on an item (picture, video, etc.), and I choose Properties, nothing happens. It just sits there. I have been putting my computer to sleep the past few days, and only this morning did this issue rear...
  8. Right click does not work

Right click does not work: When I right click on the desktop, Windows hangs Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-does-not-work/60a5179b-7fd3-4ec2-a92c-97e5919f8483
  9. Left Click on Start Does Nothing

in Windows 10 Support
    Left Click on Start Does Nothing: Windows 10 was working, then I used CCleaner to delete temporary files. Now, when I left click on Start, there is a momentary blue circle over Start indicating that the machine is busy performing a task, but nothing else happens. Right clicking on start brings up a menu of...
  10. Right-clicking Word shortcut in taskbar does nothing.

in Windows 10 Support
    Right-clicking Word shortcut in taskbar does nothing.: Windows 10 with Microsoft Word 2013 is not showing any of the recent files when I right click on the Word shortcut in task bar. However it's working OK with other Microsoft Office icons such as Excel or other apps. 61935