Windows 10: right click onempty portion of desktop does not work

Discus and support right click onempty portion of desktop does not work in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; A right click of the mouse on an empty portion of the desktop used to bring up a menu of some 7 or perhaps 8 actions that could be performed including... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ethanaronoff, Jan 20, 2021.

1. right click onempty portion of desktop does not work

A right click of the mouse on an empty portion of the desktop used to bring up a menu of some 7 or perhaps 8 actions that could be performed including rearrange icons, change display resolution, and others. Now, with my reinstalled Windows 10 OS that no longer works. Now if I inadvertantly right click on an empty portion of the desktop I get an hourglass and no useful work can be performed for perhaps 5 or 10 minutes until that hourglass disappears. Much effort in trying to find something to click on that will make that hourglass disappear.

How can I fix this?

:)

ethanaronoff, Jan 20, 2021

2. Event portion in calendar doesnot work.

Hello,

So this helped us to understand that the issue is with in the Calendar app. So let's proceed with further troubleshooting steps:

Step 1: Run Windows Store Troubleshooter

I suggest you to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter. Follow these steps to run Windows Store troubleshooter:

• Type troubleshooting in the search window and select it.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click Windows Store troubleshooter.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.

Step 2:

If issue persists then there might be a chance that the Calendar app may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store. To get these app working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell
      as administrator. Type PowerShell in the search box, right click on it and select
      run as administrator.

• Run the command get-appxpackage *microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage

• Re-install Calendar from Windows Store.

Hope this helps. Do let us know if you have any queries related to Windows, we will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jan 20, 2021
  3. Vivian_S Win User
    Right portion of screen non-responsive

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand that mouse events are not recorded on a portion of your computer screen. We will certainly look into this for you.

Usually, this issue could occur due to a non-displayed notification that blocks the mouse clicks in certain portion of the screen. For better clarity, please let us know:

1) What is the version of Windows 10 installed on your computer?

2) Do you have any antivirus program installed?

Meanwhile, lLet us try a few steps and check.

Method 1: Run Windows Updates.

Make sure
    Windows is up to date
    with the latest updates.

Method 2: Uninstall and Re-install Display and Mouse drivers.

I would suggest you to uninstall the display drivers from Device Manager and re-install it from manufacturer website.

1. Press Windows + R key to open
    Run window.

2. Type devmgmt.msc and press Enter.

3. In Device
    Manager, expand Display Adapters.

4. Right click on the display driver and select
    Uninstall

5. Check the box that says
    Delete the driver software
    for this device. Click on OK.

Download and re-install the drivers for your computer from

Lenovo Support website

Method 3: Create a local account.

To make sure the issue is not user account related, you can create a new local account and check if you are able to use mouse events throughout the screen.

1. Select the Start button, select Settings > Accounts
      and then select Family & other users. (In some editions of Windows you'll see Other users.)
    2. Select Add someone else to this PC.
    3. Select I don't have this person's sign-in information, and on the next page, select
      Add a user without a Microsoft account.
    Enter a user name, password, password hint or choose security questions, and then select
    Next.

Login to the local account and check if you face the same issue.

There are instances where certain antivirus programs also caused similar issues. However, please perform the above steps and let us know the results.

We will certainly assist you further.

Regards,

Vivian S

Vivian_S, Jan 20, 2021
  4. right click onempty portion of desktop does not work

fllckering desktop

Hi Yvonne,

To resolve your issue with flickering desktop, we suggest that you update your display drivers with the steps listed below:

• Right-click Start, then select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters to find the name of your device.
    • Right-click the device and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow steps to update display drivers.

Update us on the result.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Jan 20, 2021
Thema:

right click onempty portion of desktop does not work

1. right click onempty portion of desktop does not work - Similar Threads - right click onempty

2. Right click on desktop not working.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right click on desktop not working.: hi, I have noticed that whenever I right click on my desktop it gives me the loading symbol, aborts and then restarts and im not sure whats causing this, i looked into the problem scripts and found these were potential problems anyone able to help. Source Windows Explorer...
  3. Right Click on desktop does not work

Right Click on desktop does not work: I am having an issue that when I right click my desktop, the loading symbol pops up and then goes away after a minute or two. I am not in tablet mode. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-on-desktop-does-not-work/cde807db-63f4-4238-a929-71f601e6f214
  4. Can't Click in Top Right Portion of Screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't Click in Top Right Portion of Screen: Aside from the very top right of the screen typically where the exit button is on web pages, I am unable to right or left click. Things in web browsers such as the minimize window button are unavailable to click on. This happens in every program, whether it is a game, web...
  5. Desktop Right Click not working

Desktop Right Click not working: So when I try to right click my desktop to make a folder the blue loading icon loads and it takes about 5 minutes to load and then nothing happens. I do it again and it does the same thing.. when it's loading I can't click anything on my desktop at all and when it stops...
  6. Desktop Right Click not working

Desktop Right Click not working: So when I try to right click my desktop to make a folder the blue loading icon loads and it takes about 5 minutes to load and then nothing happens. I do it again and it does the same thing.. when it's loading I can't click anything on my desktop at all and when it stops...
  7. Desktop Right Click not working

8. Desktop right-click menu does not work

Desktop right-click menu does not work: When I right-click on the desktop, the cursor changes to a spinning icon, but I never get a menu to pop up. Right-click works everywhere else, just not on the desktop. Is is a brand new computer with Windows 10 installed. What might be wrong?...
  9. Desktop screen is black and right click does not work.

Desktop screen is black and right click does not work.: Hi, I used to see icons on my desktop and today, they disappear altogether. There is a side bar you work with and I don't feel comfortable. The screen is black and if I right click on screen, it does not work and nothing is coming up to chose. When changing screens, I...
  10. Right-clicking [on desktop] not working.

in Windows 10 Support
    Right-clicking [on desktop] not working.: I have downloaded Windows 10 as I am sure you all have. When I right-click [on a .jpg] on the desktop it takes ages to bring-up the context menu and invariably does NOT RESPOND [so my task manager tells me]. How do I fix this? 16837