Windows 10: Right Click over File Explorer Drive Letter, Context menu Didn't Displayed but Desktop Refresh

Discus and support Right Click over File Explorer Drive Letter, Context menu Didn't Displayed but Desktop Refresh in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Yesterday, I had asked such a question as mentioned on subject. I solved it myself by deleting entries like {90AA3A41-2CBA-...} by regedit. Today,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Sam Hotmail, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Right Click over File Explorer Drive Letter, Context menu Didn't Displayed but Desktop Refresh

Yesterday, I had asked such a question as mentioned on subject. I solved it myself by deleting entries like {90AA3A41-2CBA-...} by regedit.

Today, after reboot the notebook, the same issue occurred. I had tried the following methods:

1 DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

2 sfc/scannow

Both have positive results and proved my file system is ok.

How can I solve the context menu not displayed but screen refresh issue?

:)

Sam Hotmail, Oct 21, 2020

2. Desktop context menu not work when right click mouse over Drive on File Explorer

After I opened File Explorer and highlighted drive C, I right clicked my mouse and expected the context menu would be displayed. However, it waited for a while and the whole desktop restarted.

If I clicked 'This PC' on the left panel of File Explorer, and on the right hand panel, right click the mouse over any of the devices like C:, I could open the context menu.

Why it failed on the left panel of File Explorer?

Sam Hotmail, Oct 21, 2020
  3. Callender Win User
    Editing the File Explorer right-click menu?

The problem is that you need to explain which entries you want to remove from which context menu.

You get a different right click context menu (with maybe similar entries but with differences too) when you right click on:

A drive icon
    A folder icon (varies depending on type of folder)
    A file icon (varies according to file type)
    Your desktop right click context menu.
    Your desktop right click "new" context menu.

Callender, Oct 21, 2020
  4. JBOWIE62 Win User

Right Click over File Explorer Drive Letter, Context menu Didn't Displayed but Desktop Refresh

File Explorer- no drive letters are listed.

Original Title: File Explorer

I am trying to open File Explorer with my drives listed on the right. I only have the files in the first column and no drive letters are listed.

JBOWIE62, Oct 21, 2020
Thema:

Right Click over File Explorer Drive Letter, Context menu Didn't Displayed but Desktop Refresh

1. Right Click over File Explorer Drive Letter, Context menu Didn't Displayed but Desktop Refresh - Similar Threads - Right Click File

2. Right clicking in my desktop or file explorer will refresh the desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right clicking in my desktop or file explorer will refresh the desktop: I've had this problem twice now, the last problem occurred around 2 months ago and now it happened again. I would assume this is caused by the updates, and it appeared again. Tried the same solution I tried last time but it didn't work this time system restore. I restored at...
  3. Right clicking in my desktop or file explorer will refresh the desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right clicking in my desktop or file explorer will refresh the desktop: I've had this problem twice now, the last problem occurred around 2 months ago and now it happened again. I would assume this is caused by the updates, and it appeared again. Tried the same solution I tried last time but it didn't work this time system restore. I restored at...
  4. Right Click on desktop refreshes desktop over and over.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right Click on desktop refreshes desktop over and over.: Windows just did an update and since this update I cannot right click on the desktop all of a sudden. As soon as I do, the desktop refreshes itself. There were no errors prior to the update....
  5. Right Click on desktop refreshes desktop over and over.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right Click on desktop refreshes desktop over and over.: Windows just did an update and since this update I cannot right click on the desktop all of a sudden. As soon as I do, the desktop refreshes itself. There were no errors prior to the update....
  6. Right Click on desktop refreshes desktop over and over.

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Right-click context menu in File Explorer missing

Right-click context menu in File Explorer missing: Somehow, my entire "New" submenu is missing in File Explorer. I tried adding the registry entry under HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers. as shown below, but it didn't help.Under ContextMenuHandlers check if you can find a key by name New, if...
  8. Desktop context menu not work when right click mouse over Drive on File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Desktop context menu not work when right click mouse over Drive on File Explorer: After I opened File Explorer and highlighted drive C, I right clicked my mouse and expected the context menu would be displayed. However, it waited for a while and the whole desktop restarted. If I clicked 'This PC' on the left panel of File Explorer, and on the right hand...
  9. Disable "Refresh" option from desktop right click context menu

Disable "Refresh" option from desktop right click context menu: Anyone know how to do this? 122137
  10. Right click context menu for explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Right click context menu for explorer: Trying to create a Right click context menu for explorer. I used to be able to launch VLC mediaplayer by right clicking on a Video_ts folder and chose play with VLC, seems to have gone for some reason...tried a few programs to help me with this but no luck yet....just tried...