Windows 10: right click properties explorer doesnt work anymore for files or HD!

Discus and support right click properties explorer doesnt work anymore for files or HD! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi When I right click on mouse for properties with explorer, it doesnt work anymore for files or HD! No reaction at all. Annoying problem, how... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by serros, Aug 19, 2016.

1. serros Win User

right click properties explorer doesnt work anymore for files or HD!

Hi

When I right click on mouse for properties with explorer, it doesnt work anymore for files or HD!
    No reaction at all.

Annoying problem, how to fix that?

Txs

:)

serros, Aug 19, 2016
  2. DBinIA Win User

Right Click > Properties wont work on most files/folders

Hi Bennett and Chandrashekhar. I had the same issue as Chandrashekhar, and found a solution by using the guidance published a couple years
    ago in the Win 8 form by JohnAZK . See post and excerpt below. I went to Nirsfoft and got the latest V1.96 of ShellExViewer, and following John's directions used the app to locate 3 questionable shells that were causing the problem. These
    shells may be corrupt because they don't list any publisher/company info. Regardless, I left them in a Disabled state and full right-click functionality is restored. ;-)

Link to full post: Windows 8 - Winddows Explorer refreshes when I Right Click

To Quote JohnAZK's post:

Well I solved my Right Click desktop refresh problem, at last! right click properties explorer doesnt work anymore for files or HD! :)

It was a corrupt shell dll. In my case it was a 'ContextMenu by AUSU Display Property Page' called ATKDispCPL.dll. It had a file extension Directory\Background.

LOCATED AT: C:\Windows\system32\

FIX:

1. Download ShellExView v1.76 (now V1.96) - Shell Extensions Manager

from ShellExView - Shell Extension Manager For Windows

2. Run the program - Open - Let it find all the shells etc.

3. Col 7 - Product Name Tab - Left Click and sort.

4. Forget the Microsoft shells.

5. All the other shells - Right click - F7 Disable Selection.

6. Work your way through the non MS untill you find the corrupt shell.

7. You can 'Delete', or just leave 'Disable'.

Regards

DBinIA, Aug 19, 2016
  3. DBinIA Win User
    Right Click > Properties wont work on most files/folders

Hi and I have the same experience after installing Win 10 update today. I have bout 100 total shortcuts and files on the desktop. On all, double clicking works as expected. On some of them, right click works as expected, brings up properties. On the
    others, right click does nothing other than trigger the spinning circle for a second, then Win Explorer restarts and redraws the desktop. So I looked at my shortcut for Chrome. Right click doesnt work, as per above. So I navigatee to the target of the shortcut,
    the executable for Chrome, and right clicked on the executable - get the same behavior as if I right clicked on the shortcut. No properties, and explorer restarts. Finally I used Win Explorer to look at the file list on the desktop directory, Chrome isn't
    listed. But double click on icon and it launches.

Attempted to create a new shortcut by right clicking on desktop and navigating to EXE. It partially worked, i get a new shortcut icon on desktop. But when I right clicked on it win exporer restarted and the new shortcut icon was gone.

DBinIA, Aug 19, 2016
  4. serros Win User

I found today that this problem comes from McAfee Livesafe since last Windows 10 release, but only on my desktop.
    For laptop with same configuration of Security Software, no problem.
    So now for desktop running Microsoft FW and some other tools, running well.
    Cheers

serros, Aug 21, 2016
Thema:

1. right click properties explorer doesnt work anymore for files or HD! - Similar Threads - right click properties

2. Right click does not open files anymore.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right click does not open files anymore.: Hello,When right clicking on a file in the taskbar, menu appears with the last opened files. From there you can open a file directly. This is not working anymore....
  3. Right click does not open files anymore.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right click does not open files anymore.: Hello,When right clicking on a file in the taskbar, menu appears with the last opened files. From there you can open a file directly. This is not working anymore....
  4. right click not working in file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    right click not working in file explorer: hello,I am encountering with an issue in file explorer windows 10. I wanted to print some documents and when i right clicked in the folder. It just hanged, like when the cursor shows a blue round moving animation only. That happened and the file explorer froze. I cant even...
  5. right click not working in file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    right click not working in file explorer: hello,I am encountering with an issue in file explorer windows 10. I wanted to print some documents and when i right clicked in the folder. It just hanged, like when the cursor shows a blue round moving animation only. That happened and the file explorer froze. I cant even...
  6. right click not working in file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. PROBLEM: Right Click And File Explorer Not Working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PROBLEM: Right Click And File Explorer Not Working: Ok, Let's Go Straight To The Point: Everytime I Press Right Click In The Desktop, I'm Greeted With An Spinning Circle, If I Do Nothing It Just Stay There, Spinning, If I Do Something It Blacks Out And Appears Again, And About File Explorer, If I Open Any Folder It Just Gives...
  8. Left-Click and right-click not work after right-click on File Explorer (in task bar)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Left-Click and right-click not work after right-click on File Explorer (in task bar): when I right-click on file explorer to try to open frequent or pinned folder, left-click or right-click on folder name are resulting in nothing happen but I can still pin or unpin folder normally....
  9. Right click not working in Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Right click not working in Explorer: Not sure when this issue came up, maybe a few days or longer, I just kept doing other things to get by. If on a webpage or desktop I can use the right click, but in explorer if I right click a folder it brings up the menu, then taskbar icons all flash, then quickly...
  10. No properties on right click

in Windows 10 Support
    No properties on right click: Windows 10 My windows desktop has become strange. right clicking on my taskbar do not show properties. Any window opens maximized without the option to restore or minimize. Menu button missing on the taskbar but exists as an icon on the desktop. The leftmost icon on the...