Windows 10: Right-click "Run as Administrator" in start menu, nothing happens

Discus and support Right-click "Run as Administrator" in start menu, nothing happens in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello folks I have been struggling with this issue for a while now, but it seems that right-clicking something in the start menu to run as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by guto8797, Jul 23, 2020.

1. guto8797 Win User

Right-click "Run as Administrator" in start menu, nothing happens

Hello folks

I have been struggling with this issue for a while now, but it seems that right-clicking something in the start menu to run as administrator is not working, as absolutely nothing happens. I can launch things such as command prompt with no admin permissions just fine, but to launch with admin permissions the only method I have found to work is via task manager, starting cmd.exe with admin privileges.

I have ran both DISM and SFC /scannow with admin privileges using the method above, and both have resulted in no issues or fixes.

Interestingly enough, if I try to start a command prompt with admin privileges via Win+X I get the following error:

Right-click "Run as Administrator" in start menu, nothing happens 5cf65118-d03b-4d61-97f1-d9cdbd13c719?upload=true.png

Any tips?

Thanks

:)

guto8797, Jul 23, 2020
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

3. guto8797 Win User

Hello folks

I have been struggling with this issue for a while now, but it seems that right-clicking something in the start menu to run as administrator is not working, as absolutely nothing happens. I can launch things such as command prompt with no admin permissions
    just fine, but to launch with admin permissions the only method I have found to work is via task manager, starting cmd.exe with admin privileges.

I have ran both DISM and SFC /scannow with admin privileges using the method above, and both have resulted in no issues or fixes.

Interestingly enough, if I try to start a command prompt with admin privileges via Win+X I get the following error:

Right-click "Run as Administrator" in start menu, nothing happens 5cf65118-d03b-4d61-97f1-d9cdbd13c719?upload=true.png

Any tips?

Thanks

guto8797, Jul 31, 2020
  4. synergy1 Win User

Issues with right clicking start menu.

Prior to upgrading to build 1511 a few days ago I could right click on the start menu and all the icons works. Could run as an administrator with no issue. However for the last few days clicking on any icon from the right click start menu does nothing. Level three at Microsoft has not found an answer. I have tried most of the fixes including running powershell and "getting app." to no avail.

Any thoughts or suggestions?

Thanks

Bob

synergy1, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

1. Right-click "Run as Administrator" in start menu, nothing happens - Similar Threads - Right click Run

2. Right-click on start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right-click on start menu: When I right-click on the Start menu in Windows 10, it brings up the options menu and when I select Task manager nothing happens. This also happens when I try to select Device Manager, Event Viewer, Disk Manager, Computer Manager, Windows Powershell and Admin, and File...
  3. Right-click on start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right-click on start menu: When I right-click on the Start menu in Windows 10, it brings up the options menu and when I select Task manager nothing happens. This also happens when I try to select Device Manager, Event Viewer, Disk Manager, Computer Manager, Windows Powershell and Admin, and File...
  4. Right-click on start menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Start menu has disappeared, Click on button nothing happens

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu has disappeared, Click on button nothing happens: Was having problems with taskbar items and played around and fixed them but yesterday found that when I click on the start button nothing happens. Dont know how long its been like that as dont use it often so maybe not my playing caused it. Have tried to find a solution...
  6. Start Menu - Right-Click

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu - Right-Click: Hello,In the "Start Menu" there are two types of icons - one is a square with a folder icon on it, the other is a square with the program's icon.Now 'folder icons' have no right-click sub-menu, the others with a program icon have a right-click sub-menu.In the sub-items of a...
  7. Right clicking on start button or Edge nothing happens.

in Windows 10 Support
    Right clicking on start button or Edge nothing happens.: About 2 weeks ago I noticed that all my bookmarks had dissappeared, then when I right click on the start menu nothing happens, now Edge won't open when I click on it on the taskbar, then today I went into my computer and my picture and documents files are gone. I have tried a...
  8. Right click Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right click Start Menu: Last few insider builds (not necessarily because of it) Most of items in Start menu's just don't do anything. Command prompt/, Disk management, Device manager, Task manager etc. Other shortcuts for them work, each one when started from anywhere else works. I made links for...
  9. Cannot launch a program; clicking app in Start menu, nothing happens

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot launch a program; clicking app in Start menu, nothing happens: I have a fully updated Windows 10 Enterprise x64 installation on a USB 3 Windows-To-Go flash drive. It works well except for one program now refuses to start with no error message, or message of any kind. Clicking on its icon in the Start menu simply results in the cursor...
  10. Unable to right click in start menu to run as admin

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to right click in start menu to run as admin: I'm fully up to date on W10 x64 and have just noticed that I can no longer (as in, I could a few days ago) right click on certain apps to run as admin. I can't even use the 'menu' keyboard button to open the right click menu either, this does nothing. I *can* do so on...