Windows 10: Right click send to Mail Recipient does not obey default mail client settings

Discus and support Right click send to Mail Recipient does not obey default mail client settings in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; A company I work with has a dozen new machines at winver 1809 which I have been setting up with O365 for Business but where the default mail app is IBM... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Jim Gooch, Oct 2, 2019.

1. Jim Gooch Win User

Right click send to Mail Recipient does not obey default mail client settings

A company I work with has a dozen new machines at winver 1809 which I have been setting up with O365 for Business but where the default mail app is IBM Notes.

When a user right clicks in Explorer and does "Send to Mail Recipient" Outlook setup wizard is invoked.

This is not an IBM Notes issue - the same occurs if the default mail app is set as anything other than Outlook e.g. Thunderbird.

Updating the new machines from 1809 to 1903 makes no difference.

Machines that have had W10 installed for a long time and have been upgraded to 1803, 1809 and then 1903 will work.

Examination of the registry on these new machines versus machines that started life with prior versions of W10 shows that Microsoft has made changes in this area which has effectively blocked any way of forcing a change to this behaviour.

This must be considered a serious bug. Is there any fix available ?

:)

Jim Gooch, Oct 2, 2019

2. "Send to Mail Recipient" not associated with Mail app?

Cornishman, Oct 2, 2019
  3. tmulledy Win User
    Send To Mail Recipient Issues

At some point in the last couple of weeks the Send To/Mail Recipient function has stopped working. When I select a file and do the send to, Windows starts thinking, the explorer window that I have selected this from stops taking input and then eventually, with no error messages, the explorer window closes and desktop explorer resets.

My Default mail client is Outlook 2013 (15.0.4745.1000)

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

tmulledy, Oct 2, 2019
  4. 95Viper Win User

Default Mail Client

Scenario 1

Possibly, whatever he/she used to access their email, that client asked if they wanted to make it default and you are not setup in that to send or receive email.

Look through your email client settings and make your default or, if, you are using Windows.
    See here:
    Change the default e‑mail program
    and
    How To Change Default Email Client

Or, you can try to re-install the email client/app.

Scenario 2

You are saying you had to Dban your desktop; I will assume you wiped your drive and re-installed the O/S and apps. If this is the case you will need to setup your email, again... make sure you have used the proper settings for your email provider (incoming and out going server addresses, ports, pop3, SMTP, SSL and security settings, passwords, log-ins, etc.).
    If you overlook one little item, you may receive (or not) mail, but the server may reject your sent mail.

Goto the providers site and look instructions on setting up different email apps.

It would have helped, if, you would have stated what O/S, email client, and provider you are asking about.

95Viper, Oct 2, 2019
Thema:

1. Right click send to Mail Recipient does not obey default mail client settings - Similar Threads - Right click send

2. Missing the Send to Mail Recipient option on right click for sending pictures. Help!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing the Send to Mail Recipient option on right click for sending pictures. Help!!: Just went to send and resize vacation pictures and noticed the Send to Mail Recipient option on right click is missing. How do I restore this? Not sure what happened. Please help!!...
  3. Missing the Send to Mail Recipient option on right click for sending pictures. Help!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing the Send to Mail Recipient option on right click for sending pictures. Help!!: Just went to send and resize vacation pictures and noticed the Send to Mail Recipient option on right click is missing. How do I restore this? Not sure what happened. Please help!!...
  4. Mail will not connect with send to mail recipiant

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mail will not connect with send to mail recipiant: I have been using a number of different email programs. Recently had to give one up and now using outlook again. A feature I use a lot is right click images and use send to mail recipient, I have tried changing the setting to mail and reboot. change to google, reboot. and...
  5. Mail will not connect with send to mail recipiant

Mail will not connect with send to mail recipiant: I have been using a number of different email programs. Recently had to give one up and now using outlook again. A feature I use a lot is right click images and use send to mail recipient, I have tried changing the setting to mail and reboot. change to google, reboot. and...
  6. "Send to mail recipient" problem!

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Send to mail recipient" problem!: I use Windows 10. The “send to email recipient” always worked perfectly until Microsoft performed an update a couple of months ago.I have tried every suggestion on the internet and none have worked. Thunderbird is selected as my default email program. Outlook is my...
  7. Right click will not send to Thunderbird which is set as default mail

Right click will not send to Thunderbird which is set as default mail: I have Thunderbird set as my default mail program. But if I right-click on a document or anything and choose "send to/mail recipient" it always opens my Outlook in Office 2019....
  8. Editing "send to: mail recipient"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Editing "send to: mail recipient": I have a friend whose computer recently died. He is now running the latest version of Windows 10 and uses Eudora 7 as his mail client. He does not wish to change. I have tried! Previously when using Windows 10 if he wanted to send a picture which he wanted to compress he...
  9. Can't send eamil by right click send to/mail recipient or from any applicaion

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't send eamil by right click send to/mail recipient or from any applicaion: When I rt click a file to send to mail recipient the choice to do so is no longer in the drop down menu. -Ive tried the remedy of writing the new Mail Recipient.MAPI Mail file. Doesn't work. -When I try to send from an app like excel or word I get an error message...
  10. Image Right Click Send To Mail Recipient Failure

in Browsers and Email
    Image Right Click Send To Mail Recipient Failure: [img] Using Windows Essentials - Windows Live Mail. So, only when sending an image does this happen, or at least, so far, there might be other file types, but I'm not sending those to email recipients, just generally it's images, documents, and text files. So...