Windows 10: Right click Start button dont allow me open any of the tools

Discus and support Right click Start button dont allow me open any of the tools in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Right click Start button dont allow me open any of the tools unless Run and search. If i click cmd/Task manager or other is not opening after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by chummy, Aug 2, 2016.

1. chummy Win User

Right click Start button dont allow me open any of the tools

Right click Start button dont allow me open any of the tools unless Run and search. If i click cmd/Task manager or other is not opening after anniversary update. SFC/scannow and Dism find no problems. Is there someway to fix it without clean install?

Edit: Ok i find solution for my problem without reinstalling: Windows 10 Start Right-Click Context Menu Items Dont Open - Super User
    I has QuickSFV installed like the user which posted solution, so using Ccleaner exactly same way and disabled QuickSFV shell extension fixed the problem.

:)

chummy, Aug 2, 2016

2. the right click context menu in the start button does not work after upgrade to version 1511

Hi Terrible Teddy, sorry that was addressed to the OP, Fred.Andre.

>>would it fall under Command Center, or context menu.

Although it's a Power User menu, I see some shell extensions being accessed or loaded, when the menu is invoked. One can see that using ProcMon. So the usual "right-click" troubleshooting applies.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Aug 2, 2016
  3. the right click context menu in the start button does not work after upgrade to version 1511

This could be a shell extensions problem. Check out a case here, where ShellExView helped fix the problem:

Winkey + X menu shortcuts not working in Win 8.1

Edit: (more links added for reference)

Win+X menu shortcuts not working • r/Windows10

Windows 10 Start Right-Click Context Menu Items Don't Open

Win+X context menu shortcuts not working - Windows Central Forums

Troubleshooting Right Click Issues Caused by Shell Extensions

Ramesh Srinivasan, Aug 2, 2016
Thema:

Right click Start button dont allow me open any of the tools

1. Right click Start button dont allow me open any of the tools - Similar Threads - Right click Start

2. windows not running right no IE, Notifications tab, no start button opening...Help any...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows not running right no IE, Notifications tab, no start button opening...Help any...: Hello everyone I had a internet explorer problem, It just closes when I click on Microsoft edge icon, also same thing with notifications icon at bottem right, and the start button also nothing.. I seen a possiable fix it said to type in search IExplore.exe -nohome something...
  3. Opening start menu causes any left click to open the contextual menu (right click) on top...

in Cortana
    Opening start menu causes any left click to open the contextual menu (right click) on top...: Hello! When I'm opening the start menu after a fresh startup, my left click works properly but opens the contextual menu. However, if I open the search bar, I get completely locked out of the start menu (I can still alt+TAB out of it) because of the contextual menu on top of...
  4. Right clicking on start button or Edge nothing happens.

in Windows 10 Support
    Right clicking on start button or Edge nothing happens.: About 2 weeks ago I noticed that all my bookmarks had dissappeared, then when I right click on the start menu nothing happens, now Edge won't open when I click on it on the taskbar, then today I went into my computer and my picture and documents files are gone. I have tried a...
  5. start button right click menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    start button right click menu: when I right click on the start button, nothing happens, no menu. Also, when I start windows, I get this error: This application failed to start because it could not find or load the Qt platform plugin "windows". The two things happened about the same time, not sure if...
  6. Start button (except left click) and others dont work with right click

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start button (except left click) and others dont work with right click: Using window 10 and everything was fine and one day lost the icon tray when right clicking the start button. Did a sfc scannow and came up: Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. Details are included in the CBS.Log...
  7. Right click start button - some links do not work

in Windows 10 Support
    Right click start button - some links do not work: Hi Guys, Another issue I see (on a different Win10 machine) is when i right click the start menu the links that are pointed out in red do not work. all other links work fine. It seems the shortcuts are broken but i looked in the user folders and they are all there....
  8. Windows 10 Start button - No right click option

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Start button - No right click option: Hi guys just new to the forum but have a recent issue with my system. I am unable to use the right click option on my Start menu button. I am ok right clicking the taskbar that works fine but will not work on the start menu. 60512
  9. Windows 10 Start button or apps dont open

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Start button or apps dont open: First off i dont know if this is where i put this. Secondly, my issue is that when i click on the windows start button it doesnt open or do anything. Also if i wanted to use the windows 10 xbox app that wont open as well. Task manager is slow and so is file explorer. I have...
  10. Start Menu button right click menu fails

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu button right click menu fails: I have just upgraded to Win10 and most items on the "Power User Command Menu" do not work if the menu is accessed by right-clicking the Start Menu button on the Task Bar. The only items that do work are Search, Run, Shut down and Desktop. If the menu is accessed by the other...