Windows 10: Right click Start button dont allow me open any of the tools

Discus and support Right click Start button dont allow me open any of the tools in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Right click Start button dont allow me open any of the tools unless Run and search. If i click cmd/Task manager or other is not opening after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by chummy, Aug 2, 2016.

1. chummy Win User

Right click Start button dont allow me open any of the tools

Right click Start button dont allow me open any of the tools unless Run and search. If i click cmd/Task manager or other is not opening after anniversary update. SFC/scannow and Dism find no problems. Is there someway to fix it without clean install?

Edit: Ok i find solution for my problem without reinstalling: Windows 10 Start Right-Click Context Menu Items Dont Open - Super User
    I has QuickSFV installed like the user which posted solution, so using Ccleaner exactly same way and disabled QuickSFV shell extension fixed the problem.

:)

chummy, Aug 2, 2016

2. the right click context menu in the start button does not work after upgrade to version 1511

Hi Terrible Teddy, sorry that was addressed to the OP, Fred.Andre.

>>would it fall under Command Center, or context menu.

Although it's a Power User menu, I see some shell extensions being accessed or loaded, when the menu is invoked. One can see that using ProcMon. So the usual "right-click" troubleshooting applies.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Aug 2, 2016
  3. the right click context menu in the start button does not work after upgrade to version 1511

This could be a shell extensions problem. Check out a case here, where ShellExView helped fix the problem:

Winkey + X menu shortcuts not working in Win 8.1

Edit: (more links added for reference)

Win+X menu shortcuts not working • r/Windows10

Windows 10 Start Right-Click Context Menu Items Don't Open

Win+X context menu shortcuts not working - Windows Central Forums

Troubleshooting Right Click Issues Caused by Shell Extensions

Ramesh Srinivasan, Aug 2, 2016
Thema:

Right click Start button dont allow me open any of the tools

1. Right click Start button dont allow me open any of the tools - Similar Threads - Right click Start

2. Start button right click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start button right click: Windows 11 updated. Right click on the 'Start Button' does not respond at all. It is disabled. Left click has no issuesPlease advise. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-button-right-click/9f12bb06-5418-4b0c-b663-30178b749a3c
  3. Start button right click

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start button right click: Windows 11 updated. Right click on the 'Start Button' does not respond at all. It is disabled. Left click has no issuesPlease advise. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-button-right-click/9f12bb06-5418-4b0c-b663-30178b749a3c
  4. cannot open anything from right click on start button?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cannot open anything from right click on start button?: I'm running Windows 10 home.If I right-click on the start button, the normal menu opens.However, nothing happens when I click on any item in the menu.I have run SFC /scannow, followed by DISM .Restarted the system but it's still the same.Cheers,Colin...
  5. cannot open anything from right click on start button?

cannot open anything from right click on start button?: I'm running Windows 10 home.If I right-click on the start button, the normal menu opens.However, nothing happens when I click on any item in the menu.I have run SFC /scannow, followed by DISM .Restarted the system but it's still the same.Cheers,Colin...
  6. cannot open anything from right click on start button?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Cannot right click on Windows Start Button

Cannot right click on Windows Start Button: Hi there.I am running a fully updated copy of Windows 10 Pro x64.Around about 15th December my PC had some kind of issue that caused about 4 different problems.I have been able to fix them all except for one.When I right click the Windows Start Button the context menu refuses...
  8. Cannot right click on Windows Start Button

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot right click on Windows Start Button: Hi there.I am running a fully updated copy of Windows 10 Pro x64.Around about 15th December my PC had some kind of issue that caused about 4 different problems.I have been able to fix them all except for one.When I right click the Windows Start Button the context menu refuses...
  9. start button right click menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    start button right click menu: when I right click on the start button, nothing happens, no menu. Also, when I start windows, I get this error: This application failed to start because it could not find or load the Qt platform plugin "windows". The two things happened about the same time, not sure if...
  10. Start button (except left click) and others dont work with right click

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start button (except left click) and others dont work with right click: Using window 10 and everything was fine and one day lost the icon tray when right clicking the start button. Did a sfc scannow and came up: Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. Details are included in the CBS.Log...