Windows 10: Right click still shows CCleaner yet its uninstalled

Discus and support Right click still shows CCleaner yet its uninstalled in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/pixcrap [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g6379n/right_click_still_shows_ccleaner_yet_its/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/pixcrap, Apr 22, 2020.

1. Right click still shows CCleaner yet its uninstalled

/u/pixcrap, Apr 22, 2020
  2. Mussels Win User

whats a good uninstaller

crap cleaner (CCleaner) has an uninstall section for programs that wont leave your add/remove list.
    Its free too.

Mussels, Apr 22, 2020
  3. ccleaner

Does anyone use ccleaner?? I know some people that use it and say its amazing! Any suggestions on a better small scale computer cleaner?

michaeltyson, Apr 22, 2020
  4. Right click still shows CCleaner yet its uninstalled

CCleaner

> Is it safe to install ccleaner on my pc?

Depends...

Piriform (the maker of CCleaner etc) was bought by Avast in July 2017 and there was this nasty incident...

All CCleaner versions are bundling Avast AV and/or various Google products such as Google Chrome, a Google toolbar and possibly other products....

Microsoft Community has seen quite a few of related threads.

Recently more and more threads are popping up in the Piriform/CCleaner forum which hint at even more questionable methods...

Here are a few recent example threads:

IMO, CCleaner is not unproblematic and has to be treated carefully.

I, personally, would not recommend CCleaner to inexperienced and/or not so tech-savvy persons...

Suggestion to inform yourself before installing CCleaner (or any other product) and to always, always keep your eyes wide open during installation (watch out for any bundled softwares etc etc).

You also might want to read this article (in case you don't use an ad blocker: ignore all advertisements):

https://www.howtogeek.com/172820/beginner-geek-what-does-ccleaner-do-and-should-you-use-it/

WRT to CCleaner on Windows 10:

According to
    this
    post Windows 10 blocks older versions: "CC v5.27 and older, (or somewhere around there) are no longer deemed safe by MS and automatically blocked when starting."

HTH,

Julia

Jsssssssss, Apr 22, 2020
Thema:

Right click still shows CCleaner yet its uninstalled

1. Right click still shows CCleaner yet its uninstalled - Similar Threads - Right click still

2. Uninstalled Program is still showing up in right click menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uninstalled Program is still showing up in right click menu: I installed Winamp Player. Then I uninstalled it.Also Restarted my system.Now If I right click on a video to show more options regarding to "to play with" , winamp still shows up in the list !Screenshot - I have checked in the directory and there is no folder named Winamp or...
  3. Uninstalled Program is still showing up in right click menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Uninstalled Program is still showing up in right click menu: I installed Winamp Player. Then I uninstalled it.Also Restarted my system.Now If I right click on a video to show more options regarding to "to play with" , winamp still shows up in the list !Screenshot - I have checked in the directory and there is no folder named Winamp or...
  4. mouse clicks right on its own sometimes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    mouse clicks right on its own sometimes: The mouse clicks on right by itself sometimes ------- need a fix https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mouse-clicks-right-on-its-own-sometimes/547e9f30-b865-447e-80ab-0c42e5b8ae29
  5. Not able to uninstall CCleaner

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Not able to uninstall CCleaner: hi , By mistake i downloaded CCleaner and im not able to uninstall it . it says this please help me this [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-able-to-uninstall-ccleaner/26e73937-ae21-43f8-a182-b7901affa9da
  6. I uninstalled OneDrive, yet it's still showing up in task manager. It never used to do this...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I uninstalled OneDrive, yet it's still showing up in task manager. It never used to do this...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Vertius_x [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ikow4d/i_uninstalled_onedrive_yet_its_still_showing_up/
  7. Freemake Converter option Still showing up in Right-click Menu even after I uninstalled the...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Freemake Converter option Still showing up in Right-click Menu even after I uninstalled the...: A while ago, I had Freemake Video converter downloaded, but it was not what I was looking for so I uninstalled it. Now I realize there is still a menu option showing up when I right-click on a sound or video file. It is uninstalled and I even deleted the extra bits leftover...
  8. Show windows ink workspace still appearing on right click

in Windows 10 Support
    Show windows ink workspace still appearing on right click: so I ran the tweak to disable the Ink workspace but when I right click on the taskbar, it is still there but greyed out. Is there a way to get rid of it completely? [img] 128402
  9. Mouse Right Click Button Still Not Working

in Browsers and Email
    Mouse Right Click Button Still Not Working: Hi, Hopefully sometime in the near future the developer's of edge browser will give us more option's when using a mouse, such as back. David *Sad 55834
  10. Right Click in programs view not showing, uninstall or run as

in Windows 10 Support
    Right Click in programs view not showing, uninstall or run as: Right Click in programs view not showing, uninstall or run as administrator. Have tried sfc /scannow, and chkdsk and system restore and it is still not showing. If anyone knows of a fix, please share! Thanks 36104