Windows 10: right click stopped working

Discus and support right click stopped working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After updating to the new Windows Update, my touchpad's right click stopped working. The left click is also not very responsive. I have restarted my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MichelleShen1, Feb 25, 2019.

1. right click stopped working

After updating to the new Windows Update, my touchpad's right click stopped working. The left click is also not very responsive. I have restarted my computer several times, tried to troubleshoot Windows Update and the HID-compliant mouse. Also, after updating, the troubleshoot option for hardware/devices is no longer here.

:)

MichelleShen1, Feb 25, 2019

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Feb 25, 2019
  3. mouse is not working right

unfortunately there isn't a lot to a usb mouse. what i would suggest is checking the power management settings on it.

Right-click the start menu and choose device manager
    Expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers at the very bottom
    Double-click on each HUB you have listed, click Power Management Tab at the top, and UNCHECK "Allow this computer to turn off this device to save power"
    You may have HUBs called Generic and Root Hub. Perform the step above on All of them.

If you continue to have the issue, i would imagine your mouse is malfunctioning. Perhaps try another mouse just to be sure. This will help you determine if it is in fact the mouse of computer causing the issue.

Good Luck!!

samsonbiatch, Feb 25, 2019
  4. Ryan Mon1 Win User

right click stopped working

stopped working

Thank your for posting back, we already think that it was the graphic card driver. We suggest that you uninstall and reinstall your graphic card driver and visit the manufacturer's website to check the latest driver of your graphic card.

We suggest that you follow this step on how to uninstall and reinstall driver:

• Open Device Manager, right-click (or tap and hold) the name of the device, and select
      Uninstall. Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.
    We'll be waiting for your response.

Ryan Mon1, Feb 25, 2019
Thema:

right click stopped working

1. right click stopped working - Similar Threads - right click stopped

2. Suddenly the Right click on touchpad stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Suddenly the Right click on touchpad stopped working: Laptop Lenovo Thinkbook 16P , Less than 1 year oldThe Original OS was Windows 11Pro --> Right click was working OKThe Current OS is Windows 10 Pro v 22H2 built 19045.2846 Down gradedA few days ago the Right click stopped functioning.What I did :* Uninstalled & Reinstalled the...
  3. Suddenly the Right click on touchpad stopped working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Suddenly the Right click on touchpad stopped working: Laptop Lenovo Thinkbook 16P , Less than 1 year oldThe Original OS was Windows 11Pro --> Right click was working OKThe Current OS is Windows 10 Pro v 22H2 built 19045.2846 Down gradedA few days ago the Right click stopped functioning.What I did :* Uninstalled & Reinstalled the...
  4. Left & Right Click Stops Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Left & Right Click Stops Working: I am having issues with my mouse Logitech MX Master 3Left & Right click stops working on certain icons and so does double click, some areas of Windows 11 are ok and some are not.To fix this I need to ctrl/alt/delete then cancel and everything comes right until it happens...
  5. Left & Right Click Stops Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Left & Right Click Stops Working: I am having issues with my mouse Logitech MX Master 3Left & Right click stops working on certain icons and so does double click, some areas of Windows 11 are ok and some are not.To fix this I need to ctrl/alt/delete then cancel and everything comes right until it happens...
  6. Wifi stops working on file right click

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wifi stops working on file right click: So at first I was confused why my wifi drops out for no reason since I had a smb share and the smb share so what I did was remove the smb share and it was still happening. And I just realised that if I right click on a file anywhere on the C:\ drive on a usb drive or even on...
  7. Left and Right click randomly stop working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Left and Right click randomly stop working: Since a few days ago my left and right click buttons randomly stop working. I have a Genesis Xenon 770 and when ever this happens the RGB lights freeze but I can still move my cursor around the screen only I can't use any buttons. Any ideas? The only workaround is to reach...
  8. Right Clicking Stopped Working?

in Windows 10 Support
    Right Clicking Stopped Working?: For some reason, right clicking stopped working on my Windows 10 computer. Any idea why and how to fix that? 115321
  9. Right Clicking Stopped Working?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Right Clicking Stopped Working?: For some reason, right clicking stopped working on my Windows 10 computer. Any idea why and how to fix that? 115321
  10. Right-click has stopped working

in Windows 10 Support
    Right-click has stopped working: I recently had to open Disk Management and tried to do this using right-click on the Windows symbol and selecting that option. Nothing happened. I found another way to do it, but have now noticed that other right-click issues are happening, eg I recently tried to run...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my touchpads right click is not working