Windows 10: Right click text highlight menu color

Discus and support Right click text highlight menu color in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, With the new windows update, The highlighted box color is grey as you can see in the example below when I hover over "Refresh". Is there a way... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by FirasHindi, Jul 28, 2020.

1. Right click text highlight menu color

Hi,

With the new windows update, The highlighted box color is grey as you can see in the example below when I hover over "Refresh".

Is there a way to change that to blue ? I dont want to change the theme .

Right click text highlight menu color 62879939-4900-4e47-84a9-bc7f409a0150?upload=true.png

Thank you

:)

FirasHindi, Jul 28, 2020
  2. sgn15 Win User

right click menu highlight color

Hi,

I noticed something. The right click menu highlight color changes depending on the file type (or folder).

Here is an example using default theme

Right click text highlight menu color xeiddx.jpg

Highlight color and text color changes depending on the file type (jpg, exe, zip, etc) and if a folder is right clicked, it's different too.

I have tried different built-in themes (even the high contrast themes), they all work this way (different highlight color and sometimes some of them result in different right click menu text font color too)

I just want to ask if there is a way to standardize the highlight color and text color of the right click menu?

sgn15, Jul 29, 2020
  3. Naki Win User
    Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

4. AsterT1 Win User

Right click text highlight menu color

Hi FirasHindi,

I am Aster, an Independent Advisor and I'm here to help you with your problem.

Unfortunately, there is no functionality or settings that changes the color when you hover over the text on right-click. If you wish, you may raise feedback to Microsoft via the feedback hub, so that their engineer team can look into this and perhaps come up
    with a solution in the future. You can do so here:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/402156...

Hope this clarifies, thank you.

AsterT1, Jul 29, 2020
Thema:

1. Right click text highlight menu color - Similar Threads - Right click text

2. Right click menu icons overlapping the text

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right click menu icons overlapping the text: Hello I'm not sure if this issue occured with latest windows updates. I'm running Windows 11 Insider Preview 10.0.26052.1100 ge_release and when I righ click on the desktop or in any folder my icons are overlapping the text when I restart the explorer it fixes it for like 5...
  3. Right click menu icons overlapping the text

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right click menu icons overlapping the text: Hello I'm not sure if this issue occured with latest windows updates. I'm running Windows 11 Insider Preview 10.0.26052.1100 ge_release and when I righ click on the desktop or in any folder my icons are overlapping the text when I restart the explorer it fixes it for like 5...
  4. Start menu right click menu not highlighting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start menu right click menu not highlighting: When I go to the start menu, type in an application like cmd, then try to right click, the menu no longer highlights. Is there a fix for this problem? Thank you....
  5. Start menu right click menu not highlighting

Start menu right click menu not highlighting: When I go to the start menu, type in an application like cmd, then try to right click, the menu no longer highlights. Is there a fix for this problem? Thank you....
  6. Right click menu options are not being highlighted on 22H2

Right click menu options are not being highlighted on 22H2: Hello I'm having this exact problem posted hereRight click menu options are not being highlighted when hovering over an option Using dark mode, the highlight shows up correctly,but using custom with light mode or custom mode with light for apps gives you a highlight that is...
  7. Right click menu options are not being highlighted on 22H2

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right click menu options are not being highlighted on 22H2: Hello I'm having this exact problem posted hereRight click menu options are not being highlighted when hovering over an option Using dark mode, the highlight shows up correctly,but using custom with light mode or custom mode with light for apps gives you a highlight that is...
  8. Right click menu options are not being highlighted on 22H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
  9. Change right-click menu selection color?

Change right-click menu selection color?: I've updated to version 1903 today and notice a ridiculous change: in the right-click menu (such as right-clicking the recycle bin), the selection color showing you what option you are on with your mouse is now white. Since the menu is also white (less white, so fortunately...
  10. right click menu highlight color

right click menu highlight color: Hi, I noticed something. The right click menu highlight color changes depending on the file type (or folder). Here is an example using default theme [img] Highlight color and text color changes depending on the file type (jpg, exe, zip, etc) and if a folder is...