Windows 10: Right-Click to Add to Registry

Discus and support Right-Click to Add to Registry in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Ok, here's what I wanna do. I wanna create a right-click menu option to add a program to the registry. Specifically, I want to add it to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by FailSafeNow, Mar 18, 2021.

1. Right-Click to Add to Registry

Ok, here's what I wanna do. I wanna create a right-click menu option to add a program to the registry. Specifically, I want to add it to HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run. I have installed FileMenu Tools to help me with this. I also know I can go to HKCR\*\shell to add commands. But how would I phrase the command? How would I tell the computer, either through the command line or the powershell, to add a program to that particular section of the registry?

:)

FailSafeNow, Mar 18, 2021

2. Registry editing

Hello,

This issue may have occurred after one of the following situations:

• You upgrade the Windows operating system.
    • You install or uninstall CD or DVD recording programs.
    • You uninstall Microsoft Digital Image.

Given that, we suggest performing the methods in this article:
    Your CD or DVD drive is not recognized by Windows or other programs
    The resolutions that are listed in that article may help solve some instances but not all instances of this problem.

Important:This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow
    these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, refer to the following Microsoft Knowledge Base
    article.

Feel free to update us with the results.

Michelle Vil, Mar 18, 2021
  3. registry fix

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that you are facing some issues using Windows 10.

I would like to know some information.

• What registry fix are you trying to run?

• What is the exact issue that you are facing?

• Have you taken a backup of all your data?
    I would suggest you to take a backup of all your data before doing any changes in the registry keys. If you do any incorrect changes to the registry you won’t be able to boot the computer.

Disclaimer: This section, method, or task contains steps that tells you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps
    carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in
    the Microsoft Knowledge Base:

322756 (How to back up and restore the registry in Windows )

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows.

Please let us know the information in brief. We will be glad to assist you further.

Mayank Gupta10, Mar 18, 2021
  4. Right-Click to Add to Registry

Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Mar 18, 2021
Thema:

Right-Click to Add to Registry

1. Right-Click to Add to Registry - Similar Threads - Right Click Add

2. How to add app to right-click menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to add app to right-click menu: I have Photoshop 2020 on my computer. But it does not appear in the Right Click Menu for any kind of app. I did the following: In RegEdit, I went to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shell. I added a new entry for Shell: Photoshop. Created a new subfolder there called...
  3. How to add "snipping" tool to the right-click menu?

How to add "snipping" tool to the right-click menu?: Hi all, Is there a way to activate the Snipping tool in the right-click menu? I found it will be very convenient if can be done. Thanks....
  4. Add Search to Right-Click Context Menu

Add Search to Right-Click Context Menu: I am requesting help modifying an eight-forums tutorial registry hack. The tutorial has not been updated for Win10 but works nonetheless. The Tutorial involves adding Search to the context menu of folders, drives, desktop background, This PC, as well as cabinet and...
  5. Add Search to Right-Click Context Menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Add Search to Right-Click Context Menu: I am requesting help modifying an eight-forums tutorial registry hack. The tutorial has not been updated for Win10 but works nonetheless. The Tutorial involves adding Search to the context menu of folders, drives, desktop background, This PC, as well as cabinet and...
  6. Add open with program when right clicking on .pdf

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Add open with program when right clicking on .pdf: Hi, I've got a slightly annoying problem that I can't get around. I'd like to add Word to the 'open with' menu when I right click on a .pdf file in File Explorer. I don't want Word to be the default program to open pdf files, but I'd like it to be an option in the open...
  7. Add feature to right click context menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Add feature to right click context menu: I wonder if this has been done or available with some kind of tweak. You right click a file, but missing from the options is a prompt to Browse To a Folder to move or copy that file to. It would be easier than opening a second window and dragging files. 122619
  8. Add feaure to right click context menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Add feaure to right click context menu: I wonder if this has been done or available with some kind of tweak. You right click a file, but missing from the options is a prompt to Browse To a Folder to move or copy that file to. It would be easier than opening a second window and dragging files. 122619
  9. How to add remove right click menu in Win10

How to add remove right click menu in Win10: Hi When I right click a file I don't see run script, compile script and edit script options in window 10. I want to these in right click menu but not able to include them in right click menu. Someone please guide me how to customize right click menu for these items. Thanks....
  10. Add notepad++ to the right click New> field

Add notepad++ to the right click New> field: Hi people, I would like to have Notepad++ in my "New>" list. Example: 1) Go to your desktop and right click on it 2) Click on New> 3) You are able to click on Notepad++ Right now I do see Notepad, I would like to keep it. Just adding notepad++ extra to it....