Windows 10: Right Click to New drop down is delayed or lagging

Discus and support Right Click to New drop down is delayed or lagging in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Best way to describe it is whenever you right click to go to new drop down it delays/takes awhile to load, i thought this was my machine but i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by TaylorB2, Jun 13, 2019.

1. TaylorB2 Win User

Right Click to New drop down is delayed or lagging

Best way to describe it is whenever you right click to go to new drop down it delays/takes awhile to load, i thought this was my machine but i confirmed it with my coworker too so it must be a windows update

here is a gif of what i'm
    https://gyazo.com/9d79203e335b664faad712a3e28a26f1

the thing ive noticed is that if you keep doing it ~ it gets faster and faster so essentially it goes away but for the first 3 times you do it in a different file location it delays

please look into this, this is a nightmare to deal with as im do alot folder layout and structures so this delay really sets me back

:)

TaylorB2, Jun 13, 2019
  2. LGV
    LGV Win User

Upper right corner lag.

And the hotfix too, 10.12a over it as well?
    sorry you may did but i no idea, so step by step.

And just make it clear;
    your lag is the mouse arow in the corner/
    if yes;
    do you use samthing on sidebar?
    if yes try to switch off and see...
    just my one cent

3. Jose Est Win User
    Random lag spikes

Hi,

We would like to know more about your lag issue:

• What browser are you using when you experience a lag?
    • Does the lag occur in a particular game?

In the meantime, we suggest you run the System Maintenance troubleshooter. Here are the steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • On the left pane, click on View All.
    • Click on System Maintenance to run the troubleshooter.

Looking forward to your response.

Jose Est, Jun 13, 2019
  4. simrick Win User

Right clicking and drop down lists are delayed/slow

Hi Hedonite and welcome to Tenforums.
    Not sure if this will help, but perhaps it's a start -
    Right Click on Desktop take long time to show up - Windows 10 Forums
    Have a read through the entire thread; there are a few suggestions which may help you narrow things down.
    Also, the ASUS AI Suite needs to go - nothing but problems. *Wink

simrick, Jun 13, 2019
Thema:

1. Right Click to New drop down is delayed or lagging - Similar Threads - Right Click drop

2. Right click and drop down menus not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right click and drop down menus not working: Hi I need help.It all started with the fact that when i right click on a file not rename it, the whole file explorer will crash.Its now gotten worse, i can no longer click on anything from a drop down menu or right click menu. It pops up but nothing opens up when i click on a...
  3. Right click and drop down menus not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right click and drop down menus not working: Hi I need help.It all started with the fact that when i right click on a file not rename it, the whole file explorer will crash.Its now gotten worse, i can no longer click on anything from a drop down menu or right click menu. It pops up but nothing opens up when i click on a...
  4. Drop-down list after right-clicking on folders/shortcuts

Drop-down list after right-clicking on folders/shortcuts: Dear all:I have a specific question regarding the File Explorer. I have Win 8.1.By twice left-clicking on shortcuts and folders, one should by default be able to open the relevant folders; since a few months, this is not the case in my PC. By twice left clicking, I obtain the...
  5. Right click drop down menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right click drop down menu: The drop down menu does not appear when I right click. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-drop-down-menu/7bb6b060-3386-4c4e-b3e0-402174ae3533
  6. Drop down menu after right click

in Windows 10 Customization
    Drop down menu after right click: What I see a strange problem since last many days in my laptop is: When ever I right click and select anything from dropdown menu then menu opens left side every time. It should always open right side. It should open on left side only if space is not available. My laptop...
  7. Delay in selecting new after right clicking

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Delay in selecting new after right clicking: Hi y'all. I'm having an issue with my windows explorer. So when you wanna create a new folder or a shortcut you have to right click and hover over the "new" option with your mouse cursor for another overlay to appear and there you have the options to create a new folder...
  8. Delay in Right Click

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Delay in Right Click: Hi all, I am facing a problem in Right Click in mouse. Whenever I make a right click on blank space in Desktop or in File browser in order to "Refresh" or to create "New Folder" or any other purpose, it takes quite a bit of time (3 seconds) for the menu to pop-up. I don't...
  9. Windows Explorer Right Click - reducing items in Drop Down

Windows Explorer Right Click - reducing items in Drop Down: When I Right Click on an item in Explorer I may want to just select 'Rename' or 'Copy" but there is now so many items in the dropdown and it scrolls down over items on the bottom line of the screen. Every app these days wants to add it's own shortcut to the Right Click...
  10. Right clicking and drop down lists are delayed/slow

in Windows 10 Support
    Right clicking and drop down lists are delayed/slow: Hi guys, I have a problem where right clicking and trying to open drop downs (i think called context menus). There is often a huge delay and unresponsiveness, but not crashes. In the video you'll see me try to open windows, and right clicking the sound icon, which opens...