Windows 10: Right click to open a new word doc file

Discus and support Right click to open a new word doc file in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; It is very usual to get a new text document and Microsoft word document by simply doing a right click. But mine has changed from that to [rtf (rich... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by zhb1999, Mar 1, 2019.

1. zhb1999 Win User

Right click to open a new word doc file

It is very usual to get a new text document and Microsoft word document by simply doing a right click.

But mine has changed from that to [rtf (rich text format) with a right click]. due to some reason

Would anybody please explain how to change it back to default [a word document] ?

:)

zhb1999, Mar 1, 2019

2. microsoft word 2003

I have a lot of ms word files on my pc. But one of them showed me an error - Getting unknown error messages while opening (.doc) or (.docx) files. I don't know how to open my word file or repair microsoft word. Any suggestions, guys, please.

abandone15, Mar 1, 2019
  3. CLinsen Win User
    Opening a Word doc in a Second Desktop from Explorer

Thank you so much for your reply!

To clarify, the problem is that whenever I try to open another word doc in file explorer in a second desktop it goes back to the desktop in which there already is a word doc open and opens the requested doc there, instead of in the second desktop.

I have tried the repair and it did not help. Any other suggestions?

Cindy

CLinsen, Mar 1, 2019
  4. DaveM121 Win User

how to open this doc as word doc?

Hi Steve,

Right click that file, choose 'Open With' - Choose Another App

Important - Check the box marked 'Always use this app to open xxx . . .'

If Word is not in the list, scroll to the bottom and click 'More Apps'

Again if Word is not in the list, at the bottom, click 'Look for another app on this PC', then navigate to find the application Application . . .

DaveM121, Mar 1, 2019
Thema:

1. Right click to open a new word doc file - Similar Threads - Right click open

2. Double click does not open word docs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Double click does not open word docs: hiWindows 11, files on onedrive.When Double clicking with my mouse, I get the egg timer, but nothing happens, the only way to open docs is to right click and open, or to use the enter key. its got nothing to do with my mouse speed, my batteries, or my mouse driver.any ideas?...
  3. Double click does not open word docs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Double click does not open word docs: hiWindows 11, files on onedrive.When Double clicking with my mouse, I get the egg timer, but nothing happens, the only way to open docs is to right click and open, or to use the enter key. its got nothing to do with my mouse speed, my batteries, or my mouse driver.any ideas?...
  4. Can't open a Word Doc.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't open a Word Doc.: Can't open a Word Doc saved less than 24 hours ago. The message I get is file is either deleted or not available at this time. I didn't delete it. HELP! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-open-a-word-doc/6c951d89-266a-4331-853f-4c10aa286679
  5. file explorer opens wordperfect doc in word

file explorer opens wordperfect doc in word: Windows 10 file explorer opens Wordperfect document in Word. I have never had this problem with file explorer in previous versions. I have always double clicked on the document and it opens in its correct program. How do change this setting?...
  6. opening a word doc

in Windows 10 Customization
    opening a word doc: since purchasing and installing Adobe, When I open a document in word i have about 3 signs coming up - eg: File not found: /Library/Application Support/Adobe/MACPDFM/MacPDFM.framework/Versions/A/MacPDFM How do I stop this?...
  7. I am unable to open word doc or create word docs

I am unable to open word doc or create word docs: I am unable top open any Docs at all- it is like I have never had Widows 10 that is the only program I have ever had on the computer how can I fix it please? All updates and security are done...
  8. how to open this doc as word doc?

how to open this doc as word doc?: This document was originally opened as a notepad document, so it opens that way always. I would like to change it to a Word document. Is that possible?...
  9. OneDrive and open Word docs

OneDrive and open Word docs: Okay, so I am using the native OneDrive app for my cloud storage. Now let's say I am working on a Word doc, (in Office 2016, i.e., I am using the regular desktop Office suite), and I have the doc open for a couple hours straight. In the course of that time, I make a lot of...
  10. Word .doc and .docx files open minimized and will not maximize

in Windows 10 Support
    Word .doc and .docx files open minimized and will not maximize: I'm wondering if someone has seen this problem. I've been running MS Office 2007 on Windows 10 for over six months with no problems. Now all of a sudden, Word will not open to full screen, but remains minimized on the task bar. And there is nothing that I can to to maximize...