Windows 10: Right click will not open new folder

Discus and support Right click will not open new folder in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I right click to open a new folder the new tab will not open and locks the screen I can open a new folder from the top right of folder screen.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by trumble, Feb 19, 2019.

1. trumble Win User

Right click will not open new folder

When I right click to open a new folder the new tab will not open and locks the screen I can open a new folder from the top right of folder screen. sorry I am not too good at this
    any ideas please

:)

trumble, Feb 19, 2019
  2. KomouPoji Win User

Whenever I open a folder, it opens in new window (Windows 10)

Hi Pratyaksh,

To assist you further, let me ask.

• What changes have you make in the folder options?

• Is the error specific to a folder?
    I would suggest you to follow the steps and check if it help.

• Open file explorer, click on view and select options.

• Double-click on options, in the general tab click on Open each folder in the same Window.

• Click apply and ok.
    I hope the information is helpful and if you need any other assistance on Windows, we’ll be glad to assists you.

Thank you.

KomouPoji, Feb 19, 2019
  3. Jacko28 Win User
    Opening a Folder in VC++

I've recently started learning VC++ and it's coming along quite nicley, I've now been given a little task by my boss to add a button to an excisting Incident report program.

All the button needs to do is open a new explorer window and open the folder selected in the incident report program. There isn't a deadline for it, it's just to assist in my learning.

I'm not asking for anyone to do it for me, i just need a few suggestions on how to do this so i'm looking in the correct direction?

Thanks

Jacko28, Feb 19, 2019
  4. Right click will not open new folder

'Open in new window' right-click menu option for File Explorer

I just submitted this suggestion on Windows Uservoice:

The idea: the right-click menu for folders in File Explorer has an option called 'Open in new window', which opens that folder in a new File Explorer window. Very useful for copying and moving things, and opening destination folders without accessing the start menu a second time.

right-click menu option for File Explorer – Feature Suggestions for Windows

Delicieuxz, Feb 19, 2019
Thema:

Right click will not open new folder

1. Right click will not open new folder - Similar Threads - Right click open

2. Can't create new folder by right click

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't create new folder by right click: Hi Team,whenever I try to create a new folder on left click, I am not getting the option to create a new folder, instead the option there is to create compressed folder. I applied the steps mentioned in...
  3. Can't create new folder by right click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't create new folder by right click: Hi Team,whenever I try to create a new folder on left click, I am not getting the option to create a new folder, instead the option there is to create compressed folder. I applied the steps mentioned in...
  4. Can't create new folder by right click

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Explorer new folder right click option

in Windows 10 Support
    Explorer new folder right click option: I think it is since 20H2, but while I have the option on the desktop and via CTR-SHFT-N, it has gorn from the explorer menu. Tried all the reg stuff and no joy.?? 172385
  6. After UPDATE 1903 - right click is not working on desktop to open *new* folder

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    After UPDATE 1903 - right click is not working on desktop to open *new* folder: I can rightclick on a folder in my desktop. I can rightclick on a tooldbar. BUT when I rightclick on the desktop the entire screen blinks and comes back. THere are many complaints about this problem with a google search. even on this board where one person claims...
  7. Right click desktop > New > Folder...... new folder does not appear.

in Windows 10 Support
    Right click desktop > New > Folder...... new folder does not appear.: I am using a Beelink BT3-Pro, 4GB Ram, 64GB Rom. Win 10 Home ver 1809 build 17763.195 As the title says, I am unable to get a new folder on my desktop. Nothing happens. Suggestions ? Thank you. 124712
  8. Windows Explorer crashes when right clicking to open a new folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Explorer crashes when right clicking to open a new folder: Windows Explorer crashes when right clicking to open a new folder -info: I have remapped the documents, pictures, videos, desktop, downloads and folders to the D drive where I want my files to reside and have installed Adobe Creative Cloud The problem details are below,...
  9. Right clicking on folders...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Right clicking on folders...: ...and icons takes unreasonable long time to open - what could be the reason? 38237
  10. Double click folder opens new folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Double click folder opens new folder: I have a fresh installation of Windows 10 Pro and for some reason when I double click a folder, it opens a new folder. Also the the folders that show in the left side pane, if I click on eg music, it opens a new folder. I have 2 drives and when I open a folder from each and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. right click doesnt open explore folders

2. right click to open a new folder not working

3. right click new freezes

4. right click mouse open new folder,
  5. I RIGHT click on new AND NEW doesnt open,
  6. new folder right click menu not working