Windows 10: Right click will not send to Thunderbird which is set as default mail

Discus and support Right click will not send to Thunderbird which is set as default mail in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have Thunderbird set as my default mail program. But if I right-click on a document or anything and choose "send to/mail recipient" it always opens... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Tomcauley, Dec 8, 2020.

1. Tomcauley Win User

Right click will not send to Thunderbird which is set as default mail

I have Thunderbird set as my default mail program. But if I right-click on a document or anything and choose "send to/mail recipient" it always opens my Outlook in Office 2019.

:)

Tomcauley, Dec 8, 2020
  2. RSZZ Win User

Win 10: Default mail programe not being launched by 'right click' send to:

Thank you.

Any file.

For example:

from within the sniping tool I selected File/Send To/Email Recipient or File/Send To/Email Recipient (as attachement). Both routes launch Outlook.

from within a folder: right click/Send To/Mail Recipient launches Outlook.

Thunderbird is set as default mail programme by clicking on the icon in control panel and selecting it from the list of mail programmes. In earlier versions of Windows I have had no problems with setting 'Send To:' to launch Thunderbird.

Right click will not send to Thunderbird which is set as default mail ce2be6bf-307c-47fe-9f70-95cdda971630.jpg

RSZZ, Dec 8, 2020
  3. RSZZ Win User

When I right click and select 'send to' Outlook is launched even though Thunderbird is set at the default mail programme. This happens with folder contents and in programmes with a file/send option.

How do I ensure that Thunderbird is launched?

RSZZ, Dec 8, 2020
  4. Ma. Lau Win User

Thank you for getting back to us.

You can also try to set Thunderbird as default Mail using Control Panel, kindly follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and then select Control Panel.
    • Click Programs and choose Default Programs.
    • Click Set your default programs.
    • In the left pane select Thunderbird.
    • After selecting it kindly choose Choose defaults for this program.
    • See if .eml, MAILTO and Send mail is checked.

Right click will not send to Thunderbird which is set as default mail 2a4fe9f7-eec5-4129-a64d-f15668bec248.jpg

• Click Save.
    • Also check Settings in Start Menu if Thunderbird is still set in Default apps under Email.

Right click will not send to Thunderbird which is set as default mail 66dafa35-1fb9-46bf-b430-0dfcebf0b323.jpg
    Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Ma. Lau, Dec 8, 2020
Thema:

1. Right click will not send to Thunderbird which is set as default mail - Similar Threads - Right click send

2. Missing the Send to Mail Recipient option on right click for sending pictures. Help!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing the Send to Mail Recipient option on right click for sending pictures. Help!!: Just went to send and resize vacation pictures and noticed the Send to Mail Recipient option on right click is missing. How do I restore this? Not sure what happened. Please help!!...
  3. Missing the Send to Mail Recipient option on right click for sending pictures. Help!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing the Send to Mail Recipient option on right click for sending pictures. Help!!: Just went to send and resize vacation pictures and noticed the Send to Mail Recipient option on right click is missing. How do I restore this? Not sure what happened. Please help!!...
  4. Right click send to menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right click send to menu: I was looking to add into the right click send to menu to include Pictures. I had this set in Windows 10 before updating to 11 and therefore followed the same instructions which was to type in run shell:SendTo, open another explorer and take a copy of Pictures and drop in the...
  5. Right click send to menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right click send to menu: I was looking to add into the right click send to menu to include Pictures. I had this set in Windows 10 before updating to 11 and therefore followed the same instructions which was to type in run shell:SendTo, open another explorer and take a copy of Pictures and drop in the...
  6. Remote Assistance don't send mail with thunderbird

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remote Assistance don't send mail with thunderbird: Hello, I'm sure i'm not the only one guy with this issue. Since some new versions of w10, RemoteAssistance can't open the client SMAPI of thunderbird. I use windbg, procmon, ida and i see that LoadLibraryA returns "ERROR_INVALID_IMAGE_HASH 577 0x241 : Windows cannot...
  7. Right click send to Mail Recipient does not obey default mail client settings

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Right click send to Mail Recipient does not obey default mail client settings: A company I work with has a dozen new machines at winver 1809 which I have been setting up with O365 for Business but where the default mail app is IBM Notes. When a user right clicks in Explorer and does "Send to Mail Recipient" Outlook setup wizard is invoked. This is...
  8. Can't send eamil by right click send to/mail recipient or from any applicaion

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't send eamil by right click send to/mail recipient or from any applicaion: When I rt click a file to send to mail recipient the choice to do so is no longer in the drop down menu. -Ive tried the remedy of writing the new Mail Recipient.MAPI Mail file. Doesn't work. -When I try to send from an app like excel or word I get an error message...
  9. Image Right Click Send To Mail Recipient Failure

in Browsers and Email
    Image Right Click Send To Mail Recipient Failure: [img] Using Windows Essentials - Windows Live Mail. So, only when sending an image does this happen, or at least, so far, there might be other file types, but I'm not sending those to email recipients, just generally it's images, documents, and text files. So...
  10. right click send to

in Windows 10 Support
    right click send to: How do I add right click send to for items not in the list. 64162

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to set mail recipient thunderbird windows 11