Windows 10: right click windows explorer fails

Discus and support right click windows explorer fails in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; windows 10 Pro workgroup right click in windows explorer and explorer disappears ran sfc Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.18362.592] c 2019... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DennisJ Krohn, Apr 19, 2021.

1. right click windows explorer fails

windows 10 Pro workgroup

right click in windows explorer and explorer disappears

ran sfc

Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.18362.592]

c 2019 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>sfc /scannow

Beginning system scan. This process will take some time.

Beginning verification phase of system scan.

Verification 100% complete.

Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files and successfully repaired them.

For online repairs, details are included in the CBS log file located at

windir\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For example C:\Windows\Logs\CBS\CBS.log. For offline

repairs, details are included in the log file provided by the /OFFLOGFILE flag.

C:\WINDOWS\system32>

:)

DennisJ Krohn, Apr 19, 2021

2. Windows Explorer Replacement?

are you running IE7? if not that wouold be my first suggestion,upgrade to ie7 that can fix some stability issues with windows explorer

Athlon2K15, Apr 19, 2021
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 19, 2021
  4. mixa Win User

right click windows explorer fails

Microsoft Internet Explorer renamed to Windows Internet Explorer ?

right click windows explorer fails wie1.png

Since version 7 of the world`s most popular web browser - Microsoft Internet Explorer was silently renamed to Windows Internet Explorer.Such a step from Microsoft is not a surprise since Internet Explorer is part of the Windows operation system for a long time.Obviously Microsoft corp. wants to state that Internet Explorer is already considered as a part of Windows and not as an external browser (remember the IE and WMP law issues last year!?).

Thema:

right click windows explorer fails

1. right click windows explorer fails - Similar Threads - right click explorer

2. Explorer crashing on right click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Explorer crashing on right click: Explorer.exe keeps crashing when I right click in a window or on the desktop. This seemed to start happening randomly and not after a Windows update or anything in particular.I have tried the following:-Disabled antivirus-Disabled context menu's using ShellExView-Booting into...
  3. Explorer crashing on right click

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Explorer crashing on right click: Explorer.exe keeps crashing when I right click in a window or on the desktop. This seemed to start happening randomly and not after a Windows update or anything in particular.I have tried the following:-Disabled antivirus-Disabled context menu's using ShellExView-Booting into...
  4. explorer right click

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    explorer right click: I do not get a format option when I right click on CD driveDiskmanager, however, does have a format optionScandisk and DISM both run without finding any problemsc: cd \Windows/System32 Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup pause Dism /online /cleanup-Image...
  5. Windows Explorer right click

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Explorer right click: If, in Windows Explorer, I right click on a file, to see the "Properties", I am presented instead with an ENORMOUS List of "facilities" that I NEVER use, but I have then to click the down arrow to get where I want.How can I -EITHERRemove most of these items from that menu...
  6. Windows Explorer spins on Right-Click

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Explorer spins on Right-Click: Hello all, I've been encountering a problem on a number of machines with the following symptoms: Right-clicking a file in File Explorer/Desktop takes about 5 minutes for the context menu to open. Clicking Run As Administrator in the Start Menu is unresponsive. File...
  7. Can't right click on Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't right click on Windows Explorer: Whenever I right click it just hangs forever with the little blue thing, if I close Windows Explorer the entire screen resets. I tried downloading ShellExView, it's useless! Don't suggest that awful program. I tried reinstalling my drivers, didn't work! How can I fix this...
  8. Windows Explorer Crashes on Right Click

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Explorer Crashes on Right Click: I've been having this problem for about 2 months now. Basically whenever I go to right click a folder / my desktop explorer stops responding and eventually crashes. I've tried disabling extensions using ShellExView, and disabling shimgvw.dll using CMD Prompt. Can't really...
  9. explorer crashes right click

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    explorer crashes right click: File explorer shuts down randomly during file transfers, but more often after a right click https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/explorer-crashes-right-click/937d7dcf-f8c0-46e8-a8bd-a8a9f8c56f15
  10. Right click not working in Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Right click not working in Explorer: Not sure when this issue came up, maybe a few days or longer, I just kept doing other things to get by. If on a webpage or desktop I can use the right click, but in explorer if I right click a folder it brings up the menu, then taskbar icons all flash, then quickly...