Windows 10: Right-Click Windows Explorer (Task Bar) doesn't open.

Discus and support Right-Click Windows Explorer (Task Bar) doesn't open. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Including any of the folders within the pinned sub-menu when right-click-accessing File Explorer. Left mouse click still works. Tried... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by CL-2, Dec 3, 2018.

1. CL-2 Win User

Right-Click Windows Explorer (Task Bar) doesn't open.

Including any of the folders within the pinned sub-menu when right-click-accessing File Explorer. Left mouse click still works.

Tried unpinning/pinning. Tried restarting Windows Explorer in Task Manager. Tried Running explorer.exe, and sfc scan shows no integrity violations, DISM scan and check report nothing corrupted.

Been like this for the past 2 weeks or so. All drivers are up to date in addition to latest windows update (Windows 10 Pro).

:)

CL-2, Dec 3, 2018
  2. Arun B J Win User

windows icon in task bar won't open and my action center icon wont open on Windows.

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble.

In Windows 10 EDGE is the primary browser, you can also use the Internet explorer.

To pin internet explorer to taskbar follow the steps.

Open Microsoft Edge

• Click on this icon “” at the right corner of the Edge at the top.

• Select open Internet Explorer.

• Right Click on Internet Explorer in taskbar bar.

• Click on Pin this program from taskbar.
    For windows icon issue please follow the steps.

• Right click on taskbar and Select task manager

• Find windows Explorer right click on it.

• Click on End task don’t close the
      task manager, please stay on that page.

• Click on file and select
      Run new task

• Type “explorer.exe”

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Arun B J, Dec 3, 2018
  3. Unable to hide Task bar

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are unable to hide Task bar. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

a. Right click on the Task bar.

b. Click on Properties.

c. Put a check mark next to ‘Auto-hide’ the task bar.

d. Click on Apply and OK.

If the issue persists try the below steps to restart the Windows Explorer and check if that helps.

Step 1: Press Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys to open Task Manager

Step 2: Click on
    More details.

Step 3: Under the Processes tab, right-click on Windows Explorer entry and then click Restart.

Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Dec 3, 2018
  4. Right-Click Windows Explorer (Task Bar) doesn't open.

mouse right click will not open my file explorer in taskbar

Hello Carl,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

• What happens when you left clicking?
    • When you say right click, do you actually mean left click?
    • Which all troubleshooting steps have you already tried to resolve this issue?

Left clicking with mouse will open File explorer or any other programs. Whereas right click will give you context menu.

I suggest you to right-click on the File Explorer
    on the task bar and select Unpin from Taskbar. Now in the search bar type
    File Explorer and right click on it and select Pin it to Taskbar
    and check if it helps.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Dec 3, 2018
Thema:

Right-Click Windows Explorer (Task Bar) doesn't open.

1. Right-Click Windows Explorer (Task Bar) doesn't open. - Similar Threads - Right Click Explorer

2. I can’t right click on the task bar in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can’t right click on the task bar in Windows 11: I have an accessibility issue which makes it difficult for me to click without any mouse motion whatsoever. In Windows 11, you apparently need to hold the cursor 100% still while right clicking the task bar in order to get the right click menu to come up. As mentioned, I...
  3. Can't right click in task bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't right click in task bar: To start, I have:Windows 10 ProVersion: 20H2Build: 19042.1165Issue: I can't right click any icon in the task bar. Additionally, when I hover over an icon in the task bar the active windows show, but then they won't go away, even after I click on one of them to bring that...
  4. Windows Explorer Context Menu not working when right clicking on the Explorer icon in Task Bar

Windows Explorer Context Menu not working when right clicking on the Explorer icon in Task Bar: Hello,here is my problem.Problem:I am experiencing an issue when right clicking on the Windows Explorer icon in the Task Bar. When I administrator try this out myself, all works well. But when a non administrative user does that, then it doesn't work. Nothing shows up and it...
  5. Windows Explorer crashes when I right click or try to open from task bar.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Explorer crashes when I right click or try to open from task bar.: Please Help. I have looked all day for a fix. Each time I right click Explorer or try to open it from the task bar it crashes. I can't find explorer in the start menu. When I go to the event this is what it says. Faulting application name: explorer.exe, version:...
  6. Right hand click on applications pinned to task bar

Right hand click on applications pinned to task bar: Hi With the help of a community member I have just solved a problem that had brought my laptop to the state of unusable and close to the re-installation of Win 10 - see entry "file permissions" for details. One consequence of this problem and the execution of the...
  7. Disable Quick Access on right click on File Explorer icon in task bar?

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable Quick Access on right click on File Explorer icon in task bar?: Hi all, I have many folders pinned in my Quick Access, which I like that way (see screenshot below). [ATTACH] (clickable) But now, when I do a right click on the icon of a File Explorer folder on the taskbar, I get this huge column of Quick Access links and Recent...
  8. right click on volume icon on task bar not working right

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    right click on volume icon on task bar not working right: Hi - last few days, when i right click on volume, only the volume mixer is working, playback devices, sound, recording devices all don't work..when i tried to access device manager, getting message - Unable to create new document!! what is going on?? thanks for the help...
  9. Left-Click and right-click not work after right-click on File Explorer (in task bar)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Left-Click and right-click not work after right-click on File Explorer (in task bar): when I right-click on file explorer to try to open frequent or pinned folder, left-click or right-click on folder name are resulting in nothing happen but I can still pin or unpin folder normally....
  10. Missing Right Click Menu Test in Task Bar

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing Right Click Menu Test in Task Bar: After a while text can start to not appear in right click menus from the task bar. It seems similar to the other graphic bugs like missing icons from the start menu. [img] 22257