Windows 10: Right click with mouse does not work

Discus and support Right click with mouse does not work in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am using a Microsoft Bluetooth Mobile Mouse 3600. Until the last Windows update I have been able to right click with the mouse , but all of a sudden... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ElizeBreytenbach, Nov 23, 2020.

1. Right click with mouse does not work

I am using a Microsoft Bluetooth Mobile Mouse 3600. Until the last Windows update I have been able to right click with the mouse , but all of a sudden nothing happens when I am right clicking. Nothing wrong with mouse as it is still working on computer running Win7. The mouse is not old as I have bought it last year. Lately after Window updates there are all sort of problems running the computer after updates. As a result, I am getting hesitant to do any updates which increase the vulnerability of my laptop.

I have uninstalled the device and re-installed it but still right click is not working

I am running Windows 10, version 2004. I am working from home and is also busy with online courses which make it extremely difficult for me as I use the right click of a mouse quite often.

Please can someone help me. My laptop is a Dell Inspiron 3580 which is also just over a 1 year old.

:)

ElizeBreytenbach, Nov 23, 2020

2. mouse is not working right

unfortunately there isn't a lot to a usb mouse. what i would suggest is checking the power management settings on it.

Right-click the start menu and choose device manager
    Expand Universal Serial Bus Controllers at the very bottom
    Double-click on each HUB you have listed, click Power Management Tab at the top, and UNCHECK "Allow this computer to turn off this device to save power"
    You may have HUBs called Generic and Root Hub. Perform the step above on All of them.

If you continue to have the issue, i would imagine your mouse is malfunctioning. Perhaps try another mouse just to be sure. This will help you determine if it is in fact the mouse of computer causing the issue.

Good Luck!!

samsonbiatch, Nov 23, 2020
  3. Naresh_K Win User
    Right Click on Mouse doesn't work anymore

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To have a better understanding of the issue, please help us with the following information:

1. Was there any major change on your system, before which you did not face this issue?
    2. May I know the troubleshooting steps that you have already performed?
    3. May I know the Make and Model of the mouse?

Meanwhile, you can try to reset the drivers for the mouse. Please follow the steps mentioned below to uninstall the drivers:

1. Open Device manager
      (right click on start button).
    2. Then expand Mice and other Pointing devices.
    3. Right click on mouse drivers and then click on
      Uninstall.
    4. Restart the computer and the drivers will be re-installed.

Regards,

Naresh_K, Nov 23, 2020
  4. Right click with mouse does not work

USB-mouse right click is not working in MS-Word 2016

Hi Jesus,

As you are facing issues with accessing the right click option on the MS programs, do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • Does the same issue persists on Webpages as well?

Let us try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    as it checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device
      options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the
      Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Step 2: If the issue still persist, please follow the below steps and check.

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard and click on
      Control Panel.

• Click on Mouse.

• On the Device Settings tab of the
      Mouse Properties screen, click the Disable button to turn off the Touchpad.

• Restart the system and enable.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with the required information and updated status of accessing the mouse for further

assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 23, 2020
Thema:

Right click with mouse does not work

1. Right click with mouse does not work - Similar Threads - Right click mouse

2. right click of mouse

in Windows 10 Gaming
    right click of mouse: HiMy Windows 11 restarts Windows Explorer when I right click https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-of-mouse/736234a2-1dff-4a29-85d3-50d469695400
  3. Right-clicking on desktop does not work and displays loading mouse.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right-clicking on desktop does not work and displays loading mouse.: Every time i right click on my desktop it keep showing the loading icon on the cursor I went on the regedit to Computer\HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\ and found this: "{596AB062-B4D2-4215-9F74-E9109B0A8153}" instead of new, i deleted everything...
  4. Right click and mouse clicks not working on right 1/5th of screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Right click and mouse clicks not working on right 1/5th of screen: [ATTACH] Issue: When I click the right 1/5th part of the screen, only a greyed out Copy box appears instead of the regular right click menu. if there are any windows in that section, the minimize, maximize, and close buttons cannot be clicked. I have to drag the window out...
  5. right click mouse not working

right click mouse not working: Wireless mouse, Changed battery, reset mouse, new port USB, updated security.....help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-mouse-not-working/d9a5b8c9-8fda-44ce-8aae-47fbe2785bc1
  6. Right click does not work

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right click does not work: When I right click on the desktop, Windows hangs Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-does-not-work/60a5179b-7fd3-4ec2-a92c-97e5919f8483
  7. mouse right click not working

mouse right click not working: Right click not working. The mouse software is running on the most resent update. I've looked all over the internet and nothing seems to be working. Any ideas?...
  8. Right mouse click

Right mouse click: I have a microsoft keyboard and mouse connected via USB. The right mouse click no longer works on my mouse?? How do I fix - I have followed a number of articles but nothing has worked...
  9. RemoteDesktop Right Mouse Click Not Working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    RemoteDesktop Right Mouse Click Not Working: The new software we just implemented at work requires a Remote Desktop login. I can log in with no issues, however, there are some functions that require me to use right mouse click. However, the right mouse click does not work when I am on the Remote Desktop Connection....
  10. Right-clicking with my mouse not working.

in Windows 10 Support
    Right-clicking with my mouse not working.: I have recently installed Windows 10 and downloaded a huge file just this morning. Whenever I right-click by means of my mouse it takes forever and it invariably freezes my computer, which means shutting the thing down and restarting it again. It happens when I right-click my...