Windows 10: Right clicking certain files causes explorer to crash

Discus and support Right clicking certain files causes explorer to crash in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; This is what I see in the log. Description Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\explorer.exe Problem signature Problem Event Name: APPCRASH... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Mamba28, May 24, 2020.

1. Right clicking certain files causes explorer to crash

This is what I see in the log.

Description

Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\explorer.exe

Problem signature

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: explorer.exe

Application Version: 10.0.18362.815

Application Timestamp: 51185cb4

Fault Module Name: CoreUIComponents.dll

Fault Module Version: 10.0.18362.207

Fault Module Timestamp: d02b205d

Exception Code: c0000602

Exception Offset: 0000000000140526

OS Version: 10.0.18363.2.0.0.256.48

Locale ID: 1033

submitted by /u/Mamba28
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Mamba28, May 24, 2020
  2. Namslas90 Win User
    Namslas90, May 24, 2020
  3. F1reFly Win User
    right click crashes explorer

appreciated*Toast :toast:

edit: haha, i just noticed that the snipping tool is completely gone from my system, it was there the other day, now its gone and its backup in winsxs wont run....god i hate windows. heck with it, i'm formatting

F1reFly, May 24, 2020
  4. ahearne Win User

Right clicking certain files causes explorer to crash

File Explorer - Right click and crashing

Hello

Please see my You Tube Demo video - when I right click on a file within File Explorer on Windows 10 it crashes; here is a video demo of the crash - as you can see the Bar down the bottom is disappearing

Please can anyone suggest a fix.

ahearne, May 24, 2020
Thema:

Right clicking certain files causes explorer to crash

1. Right clicking certain files causes explorer to crash - Similar Threads - Right clicking certain

2. Right click causes windows explorer crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right click causes windows explorer crash: When I right-click on the desktop or anywhere within file explorer, the explorer waits for a second, crashes and restarts. It started after September 2023 windows 11 update which I did 21 Sep 2023. Before that day, right click was working file, with old context menu and with...
  3. Right click causes windows explorer crash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Right click causes windows explorer crash: When I right-click on the desktop or anywhere within file explorer, the explorer waits for a second, crashes and restarts. It started after September 2023 windows 11 update which I did 21 Sep 2023. Before that day, right click was working file, with old context menu and with...
  4. File Explorer Crashed On Right-Click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer Crashed On Right-Click: Every time I try to open the context menu, my File Explorer crashes. I can open the legacy context menu using Shift+Right-Click through. My Windows have been fine, but the problem suddenly appeared, not after I installed some programs or update WindowsI had- Followed this...
  5. File Explorer Crashed On Right-Click

File Explorer Crashed On Right-Click: Every time I try to open the context menu, my File Explorer crashes. I can open the legacy context menu using Shift+Right-Click through. My Windows have been fine, but the problem suddenly appeared, not after I installed some programs or update WindowsI had- Followed this...
  6. file Explorer on right click crashing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    file Explorer on right click crashing: When I right click explorer automatically restart and I cannot delete files, creating folders and much more and I don't know how to repair it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-on-right-click-crashing/5043c183-2eb0-4734-a753-ca7b47ccb6f9
  7. file Explorer on right click crashing

file Explorer on right click crashing: When I right click explorer automatically restart and I cannot delete files, creating folders and much more and I don't know how to repair it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-explorer-on-right-click-crashing/5043c183-2eb0-4734-a753-ca7b47ccb6f9
  8. Right clicking files crashes File Explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Right clicking files crashes File Explorer: The screen would stop for a second, go black, then reset itself as if nothing actually happened. This only affects my image files. I tried ShellExView and disabling any third-party context menus, but that didn't work. I tried Autoruns, but I couldn't find anything that's...
  9. Windows Explorer crashing when right clicking certain files.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows Explorer crashing when right clicking certain files.: Hello, I have a weird issue with windows 10 that makes windows explorer crash when right clicking a mp3 file. The log says: Faulting Application Path: C:\Windows\explorer.exe Problem signature Problem Event Name: APPCRASH Application Name: explorer.exe Application...
  10. File Explorer - Right click and crashing

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer - Right click and crashing: Hello Please see my You Tube Demo video - when I right click on a file within File Explorer on Windows 10 it crashes; here is a video demo of the crash - as you can see the Bar down the bottom is disappearing Please can anyone suggest a fix. demo - YouTube 82170